• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic | 70 praises

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

New_Atlantis
  • New_Atlantis
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Noticed that the golf and leon have weird sitting positions. The steering wheel feels off centered. Can the drivers of these makes confirm. Of is it just me?

Also noticed that the leg room on the passenger side feels bigger then the driver's side. Weird.

Maybe it's because of my height? 179cm?

Any other makes have this issue?

Edited by New_Atlantis, 11 March 2018 - 07:23 PM.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Merc e class also like this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

most likely they are designed for left hand drive in mind while on the drawing board
andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:47 PM

New_Atlantis
  • New_Atlantis
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Merc e class also like this

Surprising! I would have thought a bigger car would not have this issue. Lazy engineering?

Anyway E class above my grade. Just looking for a replacement for my focus.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:13 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Surprising! I would have thought a bigger car would not have this issue. Lazy engineering?

Anyway E class above my grade. Just looking for a replacement for my focus.

Get a Japanese Car...

Fairlady.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:53 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sometimes when one hand is stronger than the other, the wheel will go off center abit :grin:
Volvobrick, Pocy and lausai88 praised this

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:15 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A lot of German cars are designed for the driver to adapt to the car's design, not built around the driver. Been like for a long while.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:39 AM

New_Atlantis
  • New_Atlantis
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Think this will be a new pet peeve of mine.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sometimes when one hand is stronger than the other, the wheel will go off center abit :grin:

That's exaggerating.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mini R56 is essentially designed as LHD from ground up.

Bonnet is on the left rather than right.

But Steering wheel and seat is aligned.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That's exaggerating.

Hahahahaha!!!!! :XD:

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's a special feature or they use different rulers to measure.  [:p]

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

:XD:

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

2013_volkswagen_passat_ip_lt_60713_600.j

2013-audi-q5-interior-dash-1024x640-lines.jpg

Copy of camera 508.jpg

Edited by Watwheels, 12 March 2018 - 03:33 PM.

Volvobrick, xinz and andrewyewkc praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's for driver who have one arm longer than the other.

I like offset pedals as one of my leg is longer than the other 2.

:D

Edited by Jamesc, 12 March 2018 - 03:38 PM.

lausai88 and andrewyewkc praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The camry wheel also looks slightly offset in that picture above. I've never noticed if my car had an offset steering wheel, but my pedals are offset to the right.

A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

New_Atlantis
  • New_Atlantis
    4th Gear
    Author Image

2013_volkswagen_passat_ip_lt_60713_600.j

2013-audi-q5-interior-dash-1024x640-lines.jpg

Copy of camera 508.jpg

Oh the offset is also on the left hand drive cars. What the hell happened to "German precision".

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh the offset is also on the left hand drive cars. What the hell happened to "German precision".

i would like to think that it is purposely engineered this way... 

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:35 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I thought only Italians like to have steering wheel offset cos they are not German-precise!

I am sure teh Germans still practice precision engineering. I am sure all the Golfs have steering wheels offset by precisely 2.687cm.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

If that is the argument, MIC ones will have 1m offset! [:p]

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users