Steering wheel off centered from seat.

New_Atlantis

I thought only Italians like to have steering wheel offset cos they are not German-precise!

I am sure teh Germans still practice precision engineering. I am sure all the Golfs have steering wheels offset by precisely 2.687cm.

↡ Advertisement

If that is the argument, MIC ones will have 1m offset! [:p]

Oh the offset is also on the left hand drive cars. What the hell happened to "German precision".

Get a Japanese Car...

One other problem is that not only this issue is a pain in the ass,the need to open the passenger door to pull the tab for the bonnet is also a pain in the ass.

That is why we didn't get the FF

One other problem is that not only this issue is a pain in the ass,the need to open the passenger door to pull the tab for the bonnet is also a pain in the ass.

That is why we didn't get the FF

Focus or fiesta? I'm driving a focus 2008 and it's bang on straight.

Ferrari FF....

I also don't have for same reason.

Lucky you said.

I was just going to

put down a deposit

until I saw this.

:D

• Praise 2

Focus or fiesta? I'm driving a focus 2008 and it's bang on straight.

No.

I was talking about bonnet lever position

You need to go to the passenger side for the Ford focus

hope this is convincing. 

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-many-cars-have-the-steering-wheel-off-center-compared-to-the-drivers-seat-and-tilted-away-slightly-on-the-door-side

To turn a wheel, you need elbow room. If engineers design a large arm rest on the door, then there needs to be enough space to allow drivers to comfortably turn the wheel with their left arm. Moving the seat further inward negates the point of the arm rest, so instead they slightly offset the steering wheel.

• Praise 2

Just make a smaller steering wheel.

I find this size just nice.

:D

d11a8525e8f253566dd6129baf5eb9ee.jpg

Some engineers can only think of one and only one solution....

That's why the offset position.

Just like some ministar's brilliant solution to buffet syndrome is to make the patient pay 5 percent, instead of taking away the buffet dishes. 95 percent discount for buffet I still whack!

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 1

hope this is convincing. 

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-many-cars-have-the-steering-wheel-off-center-compared-to-the-drivers-seat-and-tilted-away-slightly-on-the-door-side

To turn a wheel, you need elbow room. If engineers design a large arm rest on the door, then there needs to be enough space to allow drivers to comfortably turn the wheel with their left arm. Moving the seat further inward negates the point of the arm rest, so instead they slightly offset the steering wheel.

What a ridiculous excuse. Because they made the armrest too big they move the steering wheel?

Whahaha......

I like to know what these Germans are smoking.

And the funny thing is ppl will believe anything they read.

Yo Germans, if you are reading this my manhood and balls are larger dan average, can you move the brake pedal and gas pedal wider apart? [laugh] I want to do left leg braking.

Edited by Watwheels

Speaking of which, I discovered that my car's steering wheel is also off centre...the finger being where my dick supposedly is on the seat.

Why is this so?

20201129_004258.jpg

23 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Anyone don't like offset cannot fly F16.

The joystick offset to the right.

The joystick not between his legs.

:grin:

image.png.8050ce330c2cda8c956419fb503a5a85.png

Makes more sense than joystick in the middle - think of sudden stop and the body moveing forward towards the joystick. 

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Makes more sense than joystick in the middle - think of sudden stop and the body moveing forward towards the joystick. 

Yah lah and if the pilot gets too happy

he will push the plane into a dive.

:grin:

image.png.b6892a4b1ef61091660133e20ae7eea1.png

↡ Advertisement