Return of the 10x10 challenge, 26 march to 3 June 2017.

Tianmo

@credor @davidtch @dleodleo @easyrider @theoldjaffa @ender @lala81 @rctp @sturtles @silangkia @sadan @tohto

Here it is, the return of the 10x10 challenge some of you have requested for. 

I am putting this thread under "Healthcare & wellness" because I feel that it better suits here  instead of under the "meet up" folder.  So here goes.

Start date: 26 March 2018 (Monday)

End date:  03 June 2018 ( Sunday)

Total 10 weeks.

challenge 10 km a week (run, jog, walk, crawl), as long as you complete 10 km from Monday 00:00 hrs to Sunday 23:59 hrs each week. Those who can do more, pls go ahead and do more, pls do not stop at 10km. 

I am planning our start of event run on the evening of 27 March 2018, Tuesday. Location TBA end of this week, please refer back here for updates. Any suggestions on location beside the usual few we had? 

@adrianli @bancoe, do join us for the run if you are available on the day.

@roadrunner2029, @mason016, pls do continue to give us your valuable tips and pointers to help us run better, faster and safer. 

Anyone else who is interested to join the grp, pls download Strava apps, look for  "mcf running club" and request to join, send @ender or Tianmo a note so that we know who you are and can accept your request. 

we will stop accepting on 18 March, new comers can use the following week to get use to the app, fine tune and warn up before the start of the event. Current challengers pls make use of the 2 weeks to warn up your engines. 

Thats all from me for now, you guys pls carry on from here.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

Twincharged

@credor @davidtch @dleodleo @easyrider @theoldjaffa @ender @lala81 @rctp @sturtles @silangkia @sadan @tohto

Here it is, the return of the 10x10 challenge some of you have requested for.

I am putting this thread under "Healthcare & wellness" because I feel that it better suits here instead of under the "meet up" folder. So here goes.

Start date: 26 March 2018 (Monday)

End date: 03 June 2018 ( Sunday)

Total 10 weeks.

challenge 10 km a week (run, jog, walk, crawl), as long as you complete 10 km from Monday 00:00 hrs to Sunday 23:59 hrs each week. Those who can do more, pls go ahead and do more, pls do not stop at 10km.

I am planning our start of event run on the evening of 27 March 2018, Tuesday. Location TBA end of this week, please refer back here for updates. Any suggestions on location beside the usual few we had?

@adrianli @bancoe, do join us for the run if you are available on the day.

@roadrunner2029, @mason016, pls do continue to give us your valuable tips and pointers to help us run better, faster and safer.

Anyone else who is interested to join the grp, pls download Strava apps, look for "mcf running club" and request to join, send @ender or Tianmo a note so that we know who you are and can accept your request.

we will stop accepting on 18 March, new comers can use the following week to get use to the app, fine tune and warn up before the start of the event. Current challengers pls make use of the 2 weeks to warn up your engines.

Thats all from me for now, you guys pls carry on from here. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

Hopefully I can clock more than 10km for most of the week.

Looking at by schedule, 30% should be oversea

• Praise 3

(edited)

Those who are ready and have their right foot on the pedal already, can release hand brake anytime. OTOT!!!. :yuush::grin:

Edited by Tianmo

How about Saturday morning?

opening run on  Sat morning instead of Tuesday evening? 

If the rest are ok with it, I see no issue, but someone will have to organize because starting this coming Sat, most sat mornings I will be at Serangoon Stadium, so unlikely I can  join other events on sat mornings.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

opening run on  Sat morning instead of Tuesday evening? 

If the rest are ok with it, I see no issue, but someone will have to organize because starting this coming Sat, most sat mornings I will be at Serangoon Stadium, so unlikely I can  join other events on sat mornings.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I forgotten that we opened on Tuesday. Make sense too, since our week is from Monday to Sunday. Old liao, seems like running not helping for dementia.

Not much idea. For Punggol waterway, we can try starting from some other ends, e.g SAFRA, or the  Anchorvale sport complex, which @tohto, @Dleodleo and @sadan should be familiar.

• Praise 3

I won't make it for the opening run. I'm busy that week before I leave for nippon.

But will definitely clock what I can before I leave.

My heart rate really jumps when I'm doing higher cadence even at slower speeds. My max HR increased though. Just now had average 183 when I finished my 5k.

• Praise 1

i got travel plans during this period, so hesitated to join. but i'm still in the Strava group so will try to run whenever possible...

• Praise 1

I won't make it for the opening run. I'm busy that week before I leave for nippon.

But will definitely clock what I can before I leave.

My heart rate really jumps when I'm doing higher cadence even at slower speeds. My max HR increased though. Just now had average 183 when I finished my 5k.

Go enjoy your land of the rising sun!!!  ^_^

Come back then focus and run the hell out of it !!!  [laugh]

Your heart rate jumps higher could be because of the faster turn ard time of the legs movement? I dont keep track of my heart rate, I just base on how I am breathing and my body reacts, so I also dont know if my heart rate increases with higher cadence. 

But I think you are doing very well leh, moving from 16x to 183, thats quite a big jump in cadence. Somehow I feel anything above 175 you likely landing on forefoot for sure, its quite hard to have very high cadence on a heel strike.  

So is it not so good to have heart rate jump higher? :huh:

i got travel plans during this period, so hesitated to join. but i'm still in the Strava group so will try to run whenever possible...

no worries, everyone has different commitment, OTOT work ard your schedule.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Nippon is a very nice place for runs. Take a short run around Tokyo Imperial Palace (~5km), one of my favourites.

Me 2. I can't keep up with Nihon Chiobu.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2