Self induced stress at work

Discoburg

Being in the sales line and new to the company since Jan 2017, i constantly give myself the pressure to bring in more new accounts. Maybe its due to me being let go by my previous company. Had a tough time looking for job in June 2016 till Aug 2017. Found a job in an Italian company (same trade) but they expect results in eastern malaysia within the 3-4 months i was with them. Luckily my current company, used to be my customer, asked me to join them. Had some result within the first year of joining them but now seems not so smooth. Sigh, guess not everyday is smooth sailing. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Being in the sales line and new to the company since Jan 2017, i constantly give myself the pressure to bring in more new accounts. Maybe its due to me being let go by my previous company. Had a tough time looking for job in June 2016 till Aug 2017. Found a job in an Italian company (same trade) but they expect results in eastern malaysia within the 3-4 months i was with them. Luckily my current company, used to be my customer, asked me to join them. Had some result within the first year of joining them but now seems not so smooth. Sigh, guess not everyday is smooth sailing.

not everyday sunday........hang in there! Get the job done......life is full of test. Thats how we mature.
  • Praise 3

Just that I lost much of my confidence and also the fear of not having a job makes me paranoid.

not everyday sunday........hang in there! Get the job done......life is full of test. Thats how we mature.

Just that I lost much of my confidence and also the fear of not having a job makes me paranoid.

you are not alone in that situation....have been there before. One head makes me full of confidence but the other who took over makes me 2nd guessing my abilities....do your best and the result will show. Just take heed though.....note your successes and your contributions....not to haolian but use it only when necessary.
  • Praise 2

Thanks. Your replies really made me feel better.

you are not alone in that situation....have been there before. One head makes me full of confidence but the other who took over makes me 2nd guessing my abilities....do your best and the result will show. Just take heed though.....note your successes and your contributions....not to haolian but use it only when necessary.

I few things we need to equip ourselves in working life in Singapore. 1st you must always be ready to survive without a job for at least 6 months to 1 year. Going jobless is given with our labour law arrangement.

2nd never ever only consider the ideal job when you are jobless. Most available job is a good job that lead you to another opportunity. This is another funny situation here. It is easier to find a job when you are employed than you are jobless.

3rd Be flexible and learn to let go. Don't stress yourself if you cannot change things. Just need to look around, you cannot be the worst guy and you can surely do better than your current situation.

Last but not least, 70% is luck but without the 30% hardwork, also things will not happen. [;)]

• Praise 4

Just take it easy la....learn to let go. You can't do everything. Especially in sales, cannot think that always you will hit target...unless you selling drugs ahh..

Just be grateful you have job and do your best. End of the day go home and see your Wife and family....that's important too.

Think about the feeling when you were jobless....there are thousands of pple in that shoes, now you have a job, it's blessed already....thankful for it, and pray for those that are jobless.

Been jobless before bro and is not a good feeling and during that time all thought came to yr mind....why, why!

Went to adapt and grow/workforce for help....well, that is another story.

So be grateful we hv a job now, especially older Gen workers like me...

• Praise 2

While we tend to scoff at Uber grab drivers, driving these phv is also a way to get some income while looking out for a job, esp if u got a car now. This'll take some stress off your income needs while occupying your time productively..of course u can still constantly look out for a job review while driving grab temporarily..rem to exercise n keep fit, n dun slump at home doing nothing or worse start to drink or smoke excessively due to stress... These dun help the situation n costs more money-> more stress!

• Praise 3

Many times, besides hardwork, the result of a sales man depends on luck also. 

You maybe knocking on doors at the wrong time with the right product. 

End of the day, if you have done your best, that is most important. 

Good luck. 

• Praise 4

Thanks for the kind words. I will say sometimes it’s the purchasers or operational staffs lazy or just refuse to change suppliers even though you are better, cheaper. They just wanna continue as status quo.

Many times, besides hardwork, the result of a sales man depends on luck also.

You maybe knocking on doors at the wrong time with the right product.

End of the day, if you have done your best, that is most important.

Good luck.

Yeah I have two ex-colleagues who are doing that now.

• Praise 1

Thanks for the kind words. I will say sometimes it’s the purchasers or operational staffs lazy or just refuse to change suppliers even though you are better, cheaper. They just wanna continue as status quo.

Yeah I have two ex-colleagues who are doing that now.

Just to throw some lights why this is happening. Among other reasons,

1) some companies have procurement policy that required purchaser to choose from 'Approved Vendor List'. To add to the list, it can be very cumbersome and lots of paper work.

2) There are vested interest not to change

3) There are times when you change, things turn out bad and kanna blame. So safe way is status quo. Anyway nobody appreciate even it is cheaper and better.

So, it is alot more than just sell and telling people how good your product and company. If you can show concrete samples or provide a trail, it speaks volume.

Of course some have AVL system. That’s why we are striving to meet and speak to these purchasers to try and be in that list.

For those that have that status quo mindset is not wrong. It’s not worth it for some to save money for their company and then get the blame when things go south that will affect their jobs.

Of course some have AVL system. That’s why we are striving to meet and speak to these purchasers to try and be in that list.

For those that have that status quo mindset is not wrong. It’s not worth it for some to save money for their company and then get the blame when things go south that will affect their jobs.

some industry is very difficult to change their status quo, unless the big change from the top or the 2nd generation take over. I saw a company changed 2 batches of sales personnel when sales are so difficult to get, small accounts yes but really dun make much.

↡ Advertisement