• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
64 replies to this topic | 567 praises

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:45 PM

SGCMHello
  • SGCMHello
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

When PHV is mentioned, what thoughts/feelings come to you immediately?
Tianmo praised this

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:54 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

There's already a topic in regards to UG.

Please discuss here.
http://www.mycarforu...s/?fromsearch=1
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There's already a topic in regards to UG.

Please discuss here.
http://www.mycarforu...s/?fromsearch=1

DACH for MCF mod!  [thumbsup]

nazerath praised this
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

what is the purpose of this post ? To crucify them or worship them ? 

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

what is the purpose of this post ? To crucify them or worship them ?

Depends on the respond of the majority [laugh]
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When PHV is mentioned, what thoughts/feelings come to you immediately?

they are human. 

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

When it is mentioned,I think of Prius PHV!!!

😁

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2018-03-14-16-08-30-526_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.png

Edited by Brass, 14 March 2018 - 04:09 PM.

Carbon82 and Icu praised this
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:12 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Play stunt on the road.

:D
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

they are human.

Actually they quite poor thing.
No further opportunities
No job guarantee
No government help
No health
No life of their own
Sucked dry by ug ,left a pittance ($3000 maybe for 8 hour /day for a month)

So we actually should not crucify them as they sacrifice quite a lot to drive.
(They are usually out of job and this is to tide them over)

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

Chongster
  • Chongster
    6th Gear
    Author Image

these days, everyone who's not a PHV is likely to have some relative or friend doing PHV.   

i think most are normal people trying to make a honest living.   to me, begrudging them tax deductible is just petty and illogical.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

A Singapore dream to own a car 

Kena abuse and milk dry, not properly train and for money milk dry

Invigorated praised this
If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No need to queue

Just cut lane anytime they want.

When cutting queue always leave their backside in the next lane blocking people.

Stop anywhere they want.

Drive very slowly and won't stop to let you pass them.

Cannot drive in their lane must drift into other people's lane.

Rules don't apply to them.

Sit too close to their steering wheel with nose press to the windscreen

so they sit too far forward to look at their wind mirrors so never bother

to check mirrors when changing lanes.

Sitting too forward mean they never rest their back on their back rest so

tire themselves out only.

Rushing cos all they think is $$$ and safety is not important.

Drive at 60 on middle lane to save fuel.

Feel very stress cos people keep horning them and they don't know why.

The stupid customer always in a location they just pass and now need to

U turn. If they are on the left lane of a one way street the customer will be

on the right side and force them to cut across 3 or 4 lanes.

When they are on the right lane the stupid customer will be on the far left.

Idiot taxis make their life hard.

Edited by Jamesc, 15 March 2018 - 09:08 PM.

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

WangWang888
  • Premium member
    WangWang888
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

They cut your Lane and middle finger at you....

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mcf .
Garage36.com

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:17 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The stupid customer always in a location they just pass and now need to

U turn. If they are on the left lane of a one way street the customer will be

on the right side and force them to cut across 3 or 4 lanes.

When they are on the right lane the stupid customer will be on the far left.

Idiot taxis make their life hard.

I'm a PHV driver and I agree.

I'll try not to do what you say. [laugh]

But frankly, if you're considerate driver, whether you got PHV decal or not, everybody will be happier.

It's true, sometimes I have a pickup on a 5 lane one-way road and I don't know which side the rider is waiting at.

Worse still, they are late, when you arrive, you have to choose a left or right, and then no one is there. Usually, I won't hang around and just cancel.

Edited by Kb27, 15 March 2018 - 10:17 PM.

Jamesc, Atrecord, Kklim and Freeder praised this

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:55 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

While PHV offers a temporary occupation to tie over between better regular jobs, the industry is totally spoilt by those drivers who do what Jamesc listed. This group I have no sympathy. Almost every trip I will encounter at least one joker from this group.

The government should increase the road tax for phv to 7 or 10 times more to reflect their annual mileage, and reduce the total number. Make the drivers get taxi licences too. Level the playing field, and reign in those bad, dangerous phv drivers.

Edited by Volvobrick, 15 March 2018 - 10:56 PM.

Jamesc praised this

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:00 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I'm a PHV driver and I agree.
I'll try not to do what you say. [laugh]
But frankly, if you're considerate driver, whether you got PHV decal or not, everybody will be happier.

It's true, sometimes I have a pickup on a 5 lane one-way road and I don't know which side the rider is waiting at.
Worse still, they are late, when you arrive, you have to choose a left or right, and then no one is there. Usually, I won't hang around and just cancel.

What car you drive?
Come,all MCFers come support your drive.
Pick us up at SPH,thank you.
Tianmo,RadX,Mockngbrd

😁

Though your points are valid.

While PHV offers a temporary occupation to tie over between better regular jobs, the industry is totally spoilt by those drivers who do what Jamesc listed. This group I have no sympathy. Almost every trip I will encounter at least one joker from this group.

The government should increase the road tax for phv to 7 or 10 times more to reflect their annual mileage, and reduce the total number. Make the drivers get taxi licences too. Level the playing field, and reign in those bad, dangerous phv drivers.

Killing their golden goose for a golden egg is a bad idea in their books,so they won't.
Profits first,people last.

Killing their golden goose for a golden egg is a bad idea in their books,so they won't.
Profits first,people last.

Edited by Brass, 15 March 2018 - 10:58 PM.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:29 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Regarding licence, yes PHV drivers must have hold a vocational licence by Jul 2018.

The course and exam is 2/3 of a taxi licence. We have to pass 2 papers, taxi have to pass a 3rd paper, which is routing.

Since PHV does not use paper maps, we use gps, the 3rd paper is considered not necessary.

A taxi driver is envisaged to take out a paper map, if he doesn't know the route, but in this day and age of gps navigation, who knows, whether they are still doing it.

1st paper is more applicable, how to behave on the roads, co-exist with other road users.

2nd paper imo is nonsense, just pure memory work, test on how much fine and demerit points for what offence. It doesn't help you to be a better driver in anyway.

Does the course teach you how to be a better driver ?

1. Not to jam brake suddenly

2. Not to make illegal u-turns

3. Not to cut diagonally across 4 lanes

I don't think so.

Those are individual traits and merits of each driver.

How they behave after getting a vocational licence is up to individuals.

Edited by Kb27, 15 March 2018 - 11:40 PM.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:02 AM

Lotr8445r
  • Lotr8445r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

What is the reason why Taxi driver dont change their jon to PHV?

Edited by Lotr8445r, 16 March 2018 - 12:02 AM.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:08 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What car you drive?
Come,all MCFers come support your drive.
Pick us up at SPH,thank you.

I drive Axio hybrid. No big deal really, since the car can be changed anytime as I rented it.

I think generally, PHV drivers are better behaved when they have a rider inside the car, as he will be rated after the trip.

However, if he's going to a pickup, without a rider on-board, he may tend to be a "bad" driver.

Similar behaviour to a taxi looking for a street pickup.

But the difference is, taxi drivers are not rated by passengers.

Brass and Mustank praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: phv, taxi, reckless, poor, grqb and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users