IT show 2018 @ Suntec City

DACH

Turbocharged

Tiring process.

You need the 2Gb speed meh ?

Good question. I think this question been around since the 1gbps fibre broadband started. Do you need it? Answer for 90% of SG house is = NO.

1) Does your device (laptop, iPhone, iPad) support 2gbps speed on wifi? No.

2) Can your router support 2gbps speed on wifi with multiple devices? No.

3) Ethernet LAN cable. Do you even use it? No.

4) Most websites, Netflix, YouTube, streaming sites don't even need that much bandwidth to stream HD. So no need.

5) How many tech-savvy ppl in your household constantly heavy usage simultaneously? If not, then no need.

Summary. 300mbps - 500mbps is more than enuff for majority households. You may experience slow speed at certain corners room of your house, not because of brandband speed not enuff, but because your router cannot reach that spot. So go work on solving the networking problem than go subscribe the fastest speed.

My 5 cents.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

For few times I nearly buy the cheap 55”...but were put off after peeking at the back panels...placement of input slots were odd and only 3 HDMI ports.

Panesonics ones are really good deal but worry that they might be exiting the tv business...

U only need 1 HDMI port only.

I’m lazy and spoiled by my good old tv with 4 ports...1 each for my SH, android, DVD and lappy.

With AV Receiver, 1 enough liao.

• Praise 1

Yeah, for some they are just concerned than can surf in toilet.   :XD:

200mbps is not good enough to surf in the toilet  [laugh]

actually i learn something, fiber comes in dual band and by default will connect to the faster 5GHz one, so when i am inside the toilet i will switch to the normal band  :D

wireless-limitations-2g-5g.jpg

• Praise 1

With AV Receiver, 1 enough liao.

Do you mean HDMI splitter or switcher? My console is already filled with devices including soundbar and woofer.

200mbps is not good enough to surf in the toilet  [laugh]

actually i learn something, fiber comes in dual band and by default will connect to the faster 5GHz one, so when i am inside the toilet i will switch to the normal band  :D

My Singtel router is auto 2.4 or 5. And yes, its 5 at most parts of my house. 

I reckon for most of us, 1,300 - 1,500sf household, the standard router should be able to cover the whole place with 5, including the toilets.  :XD:

Do you mean HDMI splitter or switcher? My console is already filled with devices including soundbar and woofer.

That why I don't use sound bar.

AV Receiver + 2 front + 1 center + 1 sub.

With AV Receiver, TV only need 1 HDMI.

I reckon for most of us, 1,300 - 1,500sf household, the standard router should be able to cover the whole place with 5, including the toilets. :XD:

2.4 has bigger area coverage instead of 5

I reckon for most of us, 1,300 - 1,500sf household, the standard router should be able to cover the whole place with 5, including the toilets.  :XD:

oh i learn another thing today, no wonder the signal getting weaker after i put the cordless phone next to the router, also a big bluetooth speaker beside it   [shakehead]   Time to move them away.

post-1109-0-23146600-1521169277_thumb.png

• Praise 2

oh i learn another thing today, no wonder the signal getting weaker after i put the cordless phone next to the router, also a big bluetooth speaker beside it   [shakehead]   Time to move them away.

attachicon.gifWireless Technologies Limitations WiFi StarHub Support.png

Yeah, most of the stuff at home runs on 2,4, so traffic could get a bit cluttered. 

So have you done a speedtest in your toilet after the reorg at home ?  [:p]

200mbps is not good enough to surf in the toilet [laugh]

actually i learn something, fiber comes in dual band and by default will connect to the faster 5GHz one, so when i am inside the toilet i will switch to the normal band :D

Ya, 2.4 has further reach. I also get more bars on 2.4 when in the toilet.
  • Praise 1

Yeah, for some they are just concerned than can surf in toilet.   :XD:

When i an using a normal router with 2 antenna, i am not able to get signal when i am in toilet. Bought an expensive Asus Tri band router with 6 antenna & i can continue to surf when i am making cake   [lipsrsealed]

post-4656-0-12476800-1521171929_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

For few times I nearly buy the cheap 55â...but were put off after peeking at the back panels...placement of input slots were odd and only 3 HDMI ports.

Panesonics ones are really good deal but worry that they might be exiting the tv business...

Huh.. never saw Panasonic leh..

Huh.. never saw Panasonic leh..

Sorry...I didn't mean at this IT show but at other expo or road shows by BD or HN etc. Their prices are competitive against Philips... Edited by mersaylee

Turbocharged

When i an using a normal router with 2 antenna, i am not able to get signal when i am in toilet. Bought an expensive Asus Tri band router with 6 antenna & i can continue to surf when i am making cake [lipsrsealed]

Same i changed to Ac68u, the 2 antenna given by M1 cannot make it.

Tiring process.

You need the 2Gb speed meh ?

i also know 2 gb is a gimmick thing but that is the only thing they offer.$39 is one of the best deal

↡ Advertisement