• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic | 67 praises

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Wonder how many people changes their ATF regularly? I do so every 40K.

Mr_biscuit, Beregond and Tianmo praised this

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:44 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

PML say bmw ATF is for lifetime, huat ahhh
Discoburg and Tianmo praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Trans Eurokars also said that to me about the Skyavtiv Mazdas.  [hur]  :a-t2622:  :a-bang:  :a-m1524:  :a-good:

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

Acewin
  • Acewin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I always follow the owner's manual.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:56 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It's the lifetime of the ATF, so could be 10K, 20K.......only. [laugh]

Jamesc and Tianmo praised this

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:12 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I change every 40k km now. Diy toyota wish at 20k km till scrap at 160k km and it was overkill. Was cheap though. Only $30 for a can of arf type4.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dont need to change engine oil cos its change gearbox mah.  [:p]

Tianmo praised this
focus

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:00 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I change every 40k km now. Diy toyota wish at 20k km till scrap at 160k km and it was overkill. Was cheap though. Only $30 for a can of arf type4.

Bmw workshops charge in between 200-400

Trans Eurokars also said that to me about the Skyavtiv Mazdas. [hur] :a-t2622: :a-bang: :a-m1524: :a-good:

Yah then more problem after 3 yrs warranty and u can come back to them
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:30 AM

us9392
  • us9392
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

For dual clutch transmission , how soon is the recommended interval ?

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:03 AM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

actually you can find this info your owner's manual. how do we advise or recommend you here?

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:48 AM

speedometer
  • speedometer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I follow the manual instruction ... I guess not everybody has such time to read the manual.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Last time when I drove a VW, I change every 20K.

Haha yeah. When I changed mine at 40K, the atf is so black. Can’t imagine not changing it for 10 years.

Yah then more problem after 3 yrs warranty and u can come back to them

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:12 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

30k Kms.
focus

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:28 AM

nazerath
  • nazerath
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Usually at 20k.

Edited by nazerath, 15 March 2018 - 08:28 AM.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

atf confirm 30-40k must change 1 time.

those last 'life time' or 100k - 200k change 1 time de is those manual gearbox oil

even those  also must change.

no oil is life time 1, 

Edited by Beregond, 15 March 2018 - 08:53 AM.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

those last 'life time' or 100k - 200k change 1 time de is those manual gearbox oil
even those also must change.

no oil is life time 1,

Bmw says theirs is lifetime

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Mazda also says so.😂

even those also must change.

no oil is life time 1,

That’s why I mentioned ATF and not gearbox oil.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Mazda also says so.ð

Can we trust them?

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:30 AM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Can we trust them?

Of course not and that’s why I changed mine at 40K. You also driving a current Mazda?

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:32 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

vw also say theirs is life time ma.

BMW not only u need change the atf. 

the ATF filter mostly replace together

if want to cut cost a bit can use OEM ( like ZF fluid )

better then no change , 

but like some bro say, when u keep changing gearbox, of course u dun need change atf :XD:

Ash2017 praised this

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyota Genuine Parts Automatic Transmission Fluid

Toyota Genuine Parts Automatic Transmission Fluid  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Put8pit0  |  Clutched

Reliable ATF

Used this ATF all the while. Previously came across a very cheap brand and was thinking of cutting cost so i went ahead with it but regretted big time. It was all good at first than come the transmission problem pouring in and have to keep se... » Read More

AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF

AMSOIL Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by KanyeEast  |  Neutral Newbie

Give reliable & smooth gearbox

I have been pretty much a supporter of Amsoil product as their are reliable. Quite a few parts of my car runs with Amsoil and this is one of them. Used to have retard gearbox or times where I couldn't engage gear like as though it is stuck bu... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Transmission Fluid

Quick Reply

Tags: cvt, cvvt, atf, change and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users