ATF oil change

Discoburg

Can we trust them?

Of course not and that’s why I changed mine at 40K. You also driving a current Mazda?
↡ Advertisement

Bmw says theirs is lifetime

vw also say theirs is life time ma.

BMW not only u need change the atf. 

the ATF filter mostly replace together

if want to cut cost a bit can use OEM ( like ZF fluid )

better then no change , 

but like some bro say, when u keep changing gearbox, of course u dun need change atf :XD:

• Praise 1

Wonder how many people changes their ATF regularly? I do so every 40K.

When I did DIY servicing, I do it every 20km, drain and top. Now i dont know liao.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

When I did DIY servicing, I do it every 20km, drain and top. Now i dont know liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Now your Opel should do more often. Not sure whether same gearbox as VW.

PML say bmw ATF is for lifetime, huat ahhh

Who huat ah? 

PML sell more cars huat or WS huat big big?

Cfm owner is no huat, give others huat!!! [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Dont need to change engine oil cos its change gearbox mah.  [:p]

no need to change engine oil end up change gearbox ah? Then mayb no need to change ATF end up change engine!  [:p]

OKOK i know is your typo error, no angry hor.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Yah, ATF is life time no need to change, just change gearbox only.  [:p]

• Praise 1

Now your Opel should do more often. Not sure whether same gearbox as VW.

Mine is manual automated gearbox, I dont even know what oil to change.  Car manual doesnt  even tell.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

Mine is manual automated gearbox, I dont even know what oil to change. Car manual doesnt even tell. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Manual can tahan longer. Look for opel gear oil lor.

Mine is manual automated gearbox, I dont even know what oil to change.  Car manual doesnt  even tell.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Manual Transmission Fluid

no need to change engine oil end up change gearbox ah? Then mayb no need to change ATF end up change engine! [:p]

OKOK i know is your typo error, no angry hor. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yah, ATF is life time no need to change, just change gearbox only. [:p]

Oops. Yes. Typo.

Finger faster than brain. :-)

Who huat ah?

PML sell more cars huat or WS huat big big?

Cfm owner is no huat, give others huat!!! [:p][laugh][laugh]

PML workshop lol

Otherwise how to maintain such a big showroom and service centre

Life time for 10 years in Singapore? Never take it for granted! Mazda workshop rep keep telling me it cost $300 per can for its original ATF  and keep saying that the schedule maintenance in the manual stated no change of ATF. Checked with spare part suppliers,the original ATF from Mazda is only about $100. Common sense to replace every 40,000 km or 2 years.

• Praise 2

Exactly.

Life time for 10 years in Singapore? Never take it for granted! Mazda workshop rep keep telling me it cost $300 per can for its original ATF  and keep saying that the schedule maintenance in the manual stated no change of ATF. Checked with spare part suppliers,the original ATF from Mazda is only about $100. Common sense to replace every 40,000 km or 2 years.

The automatic transmission is not a hermetically sealed unit , so during the running time the wet clutch plates and and moving ATF will have the tendency to suck in air into the unit and this will in turns contaminate the ATF.

The ATF filter like the engine oil filter will overtime be fully saturated with contaminates and need to be replaced.

Ask your mech to drop the transmisson pan and see for yourself the conditions of the filter and the drained ATF and you can draw your own conclusion whether there is a need to replace the ATF after so many km of running.

• Praise 1

Bmw workshops charge in between 200-400

Yah then more problem after 3 yrs warranty and u can come back to them

If an AD cannot afford to change ATF and keep saying that it is not stated in the manual and w/o any references on the superiority of the so called Mazda ATF, I still cannot get to agree as a former auto tech and currently a Mazda 2 owner. Already on the 5th free servicing, still the same answer from the reception people at the servicing centre. Maybe wait after warranty over start to be warned for ATF change?