Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

Not too sure how much is the amt if the number is unpopular?!

But after u have sucessfully bid the number u want, the number can stay with u as long as u own a car. If u want to retain your existing car number to a new car, u need to pay $100. If the number retain to a used car, u need to pay $1300. But the existing car number and all the car u r buying sequently must be registered under your name. If not i think u need to pay additional cost to transfer number to other person.

Supercharged
yes, the bid increments are by 1$, so if there is no counter(higher) bid, you will win it at 1001 SGD.

in the event that you win it, you can hold the plate as long as you like for a small fee or put it immediately on your vehicle for a transfer fee.

this transfer fee is waived if it is a new car with a new 10 year coe.

happy bidding bro.

$1001 for a number plate, singaporean really gaga over cars etc [:)]

or should i say really rich.

thanks for the info [:)]

yes, the bid increments are by 1$, so if there is no counter(higher) bid, you will win it at 1001 SGD.

in the event that you win it, you can hold the plate as long as you like for a small fee or put it immediately on your vehicle for a transfer fee.

happy bidding bro.

np lol i hate to sound like a fool but its a known fact:

singaporeans who buy cars and pay over 7+ years or any other reason for that matter dont see 1000 as a big sum. A car is a big ticket item and i guess the 1000 for a bidded number makes the cycle "complete". new car, new status, new number?? err... something like that.

Anyway its interesting to see the combination of numbers people bid. usual suspects 1 to 90, 888, x888, 888x, 19xx, x00x, 0x0x, x0x0, and 6666 or any combination of 6.

^_^

Edited by AceofproZ

happy bidding bro.

LOL... finally someone says it best...

According to onemotoring website, SKA new series car plate is available for bidding from coming sat.

Finally , after so long... The new prefix out [thumbsup]

But SKA not so nice , wait for SKK or SKY then don't know when that day will come [confused]

Edited by Hp93868686

JX83: I see. Thanks. Surveyed around recently. Realised cars with this number are usually high end Merc and BMW.

Just bid $1001 , this no. not really a HOT number [blush]

Good Luck [thumbsup]

happy bidding bro.

not as long as you like....i think there's a time limit becos of the max. number of extensions u can get from LTA.

np lol i hate to sound like a fool but its a known fact:

singaporeans who buy cars and pay over 7+ years or any other reason for that matter dont see 1000 as a big sum. A car is a big ticket item and i guess the 1000 for a bidded number makes the cycle "complete". new car, new status, new number?? err... something like that.

Anyway its interesting to see the combination of numbers people bid. usual suspects 1 to 90, 888, x888, 888x, 19xx, x00x, 0x0x, x0x0, and 6666 or any combination of 6.

^_^

Some people can afford the $$ to bid for number, some people can't.

$1000 is a waste of money, i feel, because i can buy so many toys for my kids with $1K!

But for my fren who earns 5-digit salary per mth, he's willing to bid a few grand on a 2818 number.

Anyone here interested to buy this plate no. SGM8686S ? Thinking of selling off as leaving oversea to work... [smash]

If no buyer by next 1/2011 , will scrape the car and retain the plate no. for the time begin [;)]

Edited by Hp93868686

transfer fee is $300 is you want to bring the plate to a new vehicle

$1k is not a lot say if you compare the price between cars.. if want to save $$, u can buy a Kia over a Toyota. 1k is not significant in the larger scheme of things.

besides, how much are body kits? plate is much much more personal that bodykits

$1k is not a lot say if you compare the price between cars.. if want to save $$, u can buy a Kia over a Toyota. 1k is not significant in the larger scheme of things.

Agreed, spend $1K plus for a number u like consider small case lah. [:p] Imagine u can spend over $70K for a car?! [rolleyes]

Anyone here interested to buy this plate no. SGM8686S ? Thinking of selling off as leaving oversea to work... [smash]

If no buyer by next 1/2011 , will scrape the car and retain the plate no. for the time begin [;)]

How much can u fetch by selling off your number? [:/] So u bidded this number? :huh:

If u scrap your car and keep your number, i think u can only keep it for a period of time (dun know for 1 yr or half yr), afterwhich die die u must also use the number to register another car, if not the car number will automatic deregister. [rolleyes]

Tot retain number pay only $100? [:/] Since when become $300? :o

think lta learns from Hong Kong.

Previously, auspicious numbers are more popular for chinese, especially towkays.

But nowadays, people just like to be unique .

↡ Advertisement