Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

I think LTA only allows u to retain for one year without registering onto any vehicle.

Anyone here interested to buy this plate no. SGM8686S ? Thinking of selling off as leaving oversea to work... [smash]

If no buyer by next 1/2011 , will scrape the car and retain the plate no. for the time begin [;)]

↡ Advertisement

fyi, there is no time frame for extending a bid number. i just did so for another 6 months after 2 years.

cheers!

According to info on onemotoring website,

If your bid is successful, you will be notified by LTA. The registration numbers are valid for 12 months from the date of notification by the LTA. If it is not used by the expiry date, it may be reassigned by LTA. However, you may apply to extend the validity period for a further 6 months before the expiry date. Up to two extensions of 6 months each will be allowed. An extension fee of $1,000 and an administrative fee of $20 (before GST) will be payable for each extension.

So, if they want to follow the book & refuse ur extension, u got no way out. Better use it as soon as u can.

If u have bidded a number, usually the person shld be interested or plan to buy a car, so shld not be a problem of the validity date. If not, quite wasted having to bid and dun use and the number got expire!

Neutral Newbie

bro, you know your gov. y reject if someone willingly pay $$$ to just maintain a no? fyi, u thk they dunno how dealers keep old and lay-up cars just for that??? so earning extra $$$ every 6 mths is better rite?

oh yeah, the retained no will b assigned a new car by end of year. just been waiting fr the right car. lol

bro, you know your gov. y reject if someone willingly pay $$$ to just maintain a no? fyi, u thk they dunno how dealers keep old and lay-up cars just for that??? so earning extra $$$ every 6 mths is better rite?

oh yeah, the retained no will b assigned a new car by end of year. just been waiting fr the right car. lol

i know wat u mean....of cos it's a gd way for govt to generate revenue....

but it's a double-edged sword....if they think tat by rejecting ur extension, can force u to go & bid another high amt for a new number, who can say for sure tat they won't do tat? [;)]

Anyone know roughly when will skb number plate b out?

And for number like 1212 1515 1616 this double double number what is the average guide price to bid for it ?

Neutral Newbie

1818 might be a hotter number so bids will be higher.

I guess I would bid $1500 for those 1212 1414.

Thanks for your reply.

Going for 1212 1221 or 2112.

Any other bro here willing to share their advise??

$1500??

Thanks for your reply.

Going for 1212 1221 or 2112.

Any other bro here willing to share their advise??

$1500??

i am not sure how the mkt is now but my experience is less than 1.5k for a XYYX combination but that is around 5yrs back. ^_^

Now COE is so expensive.....there will be lesser people having spare cash to bids for numbers.

Dont say those hot 8, 8888 lah....that always got demand from richie rich.

I mean the lesser popular number will attract lesser bidders due to the higher car costs.

Neutral Newbie

Now COE is so expensive.....there will be lesser people having spare cash to bids for numbers.

I mean the lesser popular number will attract lesser bidders due to the higher car costs.

Make sense

Neutral Newbie

Guss those hot num will b even more ex since coe does not affect the rich

Good luck.

Remember try not to bid whole number like $1500.

Maybe can try $1503 or something to increase your chance.

People who usually go to bank to buy LTA cashier orders will mostly buy in whole number. (My thoughts only....it might not be true hor)

If it may increase your chance....buy the cheques in different figures like $1409, $1511, $1905, etc.