• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

toycamry
  • toycamry
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Until a few years ago, i used to rent car for msia trip.

Some car rentals (pte owner or those 'company' but operate from HDB flat one) will ask u to pay extra $20 per day, for 'extra insurance' if u declare want to go msia.

I never really bothered to check, just pay and go. But got once i asked, but the guy said 'its done online' so cannot show me. 

Anyone can shed light on this? Am just curious whether its really true got extra insurance coverage, or the rental just wanna get extra money

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

i thought you need an extra phone charger when you rent a car to go msia.

Anyway the extra $20-$30 is standard for the insurance coverage.

Sdf4786k praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Most of these rental cars do not have insurance coverage for West Malaysia

Unlike private cars

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nothing

Edited by Staff69, 15 March 2018 - 03:29 PM.

your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Never let your friends get lonely... 🧐keep disturbing them.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i thought you need an extra phone charger when you rent a car to go msia.

Anyway the extra $20-$30 is standard for the insurance coverage.

I suspect is for the data roam for GPS tracking?

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Kengheng450
  • Premium member
    Kengheng450
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

All insurance policy covers west Malaysia up to border of Thailand.It's only excess how much,If they collect extra from you they pocket it if no claim.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:16 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Some car rentals (pte owner or those 'company' but operate from HDB flat one) will ask u to pay extra $20 per day, for 'extra insurance' if u declare want to go msia.

I never really bothered to check, just pay and go. But got once i asked, but the guy said 'its done online' so cannot show me. 

Anyone can shed light on this? Am just curious whether its really true got extra insurance coverage, or the rental just wanna get extra money

Like or don't like also have to pay. Their T&C.

It's for insurance.

Just when you go holiday and buy travel insurance.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

HighBit
  • HighBit
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I thought that the prepayment and surcharge for renting a car has long been out of stock.  Well or it because I use Rental24H and there do not take money for their services.  I think you are paying.  And this is not what. 

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:23 AM

Ravinged
  • Premium member
    Ravinged
    Supercharged
    Author Image

By default, you need to have a copy of your insurance in your car. So "unable to show you because it is done online" is not an acceptable answer. The last thing you want to be caught up with, is pay for Malaysia coverage and get checked in Msia without insurance.

But the extra charge is valid.

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

RadX

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: car, rental, malaysia, extra and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users