COE Bidding – 2nd Round of March 2018

Carbon82

Yup. Should be $40,880.

Me also, thinking of either to renew my Alphard which ends on 28 Apr 2018 or sell it and buy another Alphard / Vellfire left around 1 year to go.

Exactly my consideration as well. But the risk is if Gov were to implement new measures eg releasing % cash to loan(invisible hand) the Coe may spike again and we are forced to renew and lose whatever depre left on the car. Edited by Cow28
↡ Advertisement

Exactly my consideration as well. But the risk is if Gov were to implement new measures eg releasing % cash to loan(invisible hand) the Coe may spike again and we are forced to renew and lose whatever depre left on the car.

Maybe the moral of the story is.. don't try to second guess what might happen. As long as feel comfortable enough, just hoot and don't look back for the next decade.
  • Praise 5

Clear all the non guaranteed 1st, who pay higher price takes car 1st.

Next round gonna drop some more, why need to bid today ? Today Cat A bids a lot.

Summary : there are still buyers for Cat A cars. Reason for drop of COE is because the car price sold does not allow AD to bid high anymore In current market!! Those who paid higher with top up or guranteed takes car 1st. Non guaranteed got to wait. Most AD had factored in COE in the range of $35 - $40k max. So u may have paid car price with $40k coe but AD want to make $5k more, so wait lor....till coe go lower. 1 car make $5k more, 100 cars is $500,000. In just click few buttons can make why need to bid today .?? He buy 1 bid guranteed ?? With immediate deliver car .??

For the ADs hoping to make another $5k as per your scenario above, it can backfire shld COE swing back upwards n from making something, it could easily be making nothing as well if COE fail to secure n thus sales unable to complete!

• Praise 3

I always feel ashamed of our system when the COE for bigger cars is cheaper than for small cars. In all normal countries, the rich usually gets taxed more for consumption.

Actually COE is only 1 component of the total car price (although i agree as a matter of principle it is not right for Cat B to be lower than Cat A). The "rich" as you say, who buy presumably expensive cat B cars are still paying more ARF and GST and probably more road tax as well compared to those buying B&B Cat A car. Ultimately even with the slightly higher COE Cat A cars are generally still cheaper than most Cat B cars. One exception is the i30 which is Cat B but cheaper than C-HR or even Altis but that probably says more about how good a buy the i30 is rather than it being a system problem with the COE.

Edited by Kar_lover

I was told those who bought about 1 years plus ago at $50K ++ COE, now go show room buy back exactly model ( or any brand of equivalent category/class), it’s possible not to top up a single cent. My friend going to do it, his case no need to top up.

I think not possible.

When I shop car during the 51k coe period,K3 EX is selling 94k.

I remember clearly cos test drive and nearly brought it during that time.

Now coe 38k,already drop 13k but K3 EX still selling 89k according to sgcarmart? 5k cheaper only?

What is the logic?The saving mostly go to dealer profit?

I see a consistent drop at least till end of the year, looking at the low numbers of unsuccessful bids

Wait till you whip out your PQP statistics again. hahaha!

Supply is big but not as big as last two years. But the U/G effect has reduced drastically.

Edited by Ct3833

I am suspecting the authorities are now brain storming on how to make the invisible hand work for the April biddings to go up.

Maybe emphasis on the stricter 10 years old car inspection to strike more fear for those considering renewing their COE.

Maybe allow 10 years 0% down-payment rule, since economy has recovered and matured.

Maybe run more news article of stricter PM rule in June will make cars more expensive compared to now.

I am eagerly waiting such news from now till the next round of biddings. 

Very likely something will be said and done to make car buyers to rush to showrooms to beg SE to take their money.

Just wait.......

• Praise 2

most likely is the CEVS surcharge. Some hybrid cars only qualified to be in the neutral band... Wat more a K3?

I think not possible.

When I shop car during the 51k coe period,K3 EX is selling 94k.

I remember clearly cos test drive and nearly brought it during that time.

Now coe 38k,already drop 13k but K3 EX still selling 89k according to sgcarmart? 5k cheaper only?

What is the logic?The saving mostly go to dealer profit?

• Praise 1

Hi all, my car is expiring on 2nd Apr.

Now that the March second bid was released yesterday, when will the PQP take effect on the latest price?

I see that Apr PQP is around $38600+ But at this moment if I go into the renewal I'm still seeing March PQP at around $39k

Appreciate advice here. Thanks!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wait till you whip out your PQP statistics again. hahaha!

Supply is big but not as big as last two years. But the U/G effect has reduced drastically.

PQP only showhand then whip out

Hi all, my car is expiring on 2nd Apr.

Now that the March second bid was released yesterday, when will the PQP take effect on the latest price?

I see that Apr PQP is around $38600+ But at this moment if I go into the renewal I'm still seeing March PQP at around $39k

Appreciate advice here. Thanks!

Wait till thhe month then renew. It will be base on your renewal date

Everyone here sure coe will drop next round?

A check on Toyota borneo just up 1k for camry this morning.

Edited by Kopites

Turbocharged

Everyone here sure coe will drop next round?

A check on Toyota borneo just up 1k for camry this morning.

ASX reduced 4k. Outlandar reduced 2k. Different dealers will play with pricing differently. Nobody, including dealers will be able to confirm COE will drop next round or not, but it will be a general fluctuating downtrend.

Up 1k for the old model camry?

ASX reduced 4k. Outlandar reduced 2k. Different dealers will play with pricing differently. Nobody, including dealers will be able to confirm COE will drop next round or not, but it will be a general fluctuating downtrend.

40 jokers bidded $289 for Cat.B

BIDDING STATUS AS AT 21/03/2018 15:46:52.00 HRS
Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received
A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 36,150 1,559 1,978
B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 290 1,402 1,442
C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 247 228
D MOTORCYCLE 7,001 522 678
E OPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 1 571 438

next few 12 bidded $10,050

BIDDING STATUS AS AT 21/03/2018 15:47:32.00 HRS
Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received
A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 36,190 1,559 1,995
B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 10,051 1,402 1,454
C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 10,011 247 249
D MOTORCYCLE 7,301 522 703
E OPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 1 571 449
Status of your bid as at 21 Mar 2018 15:49:42 Hrs
Bidder Type:
Individual
Bidder ID (last 5 characters):
xxxxA

Vehicle Category Current COE Price Bid Quantity Last Transaction Type Last Transaction Timestamp Current Reserve Price Current Bid Status Action B - CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW $30,002 1 Submission 21 Mar 2018 15:26:17 Hrs $26,789 Out-bid

i am out of the race for Cat.B cheap COE.

tep 1: Please enter the Acknowledgement Code.

Vehicle Category: B - CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW Quota: 1,402 Bidder Type: Individual Bidder ID (last 5 characters): xxxxA Bid Quantity: 1 Current Reserve Price: $26,789 Acknowledgement Code:  

With info like these, are we able to tell how many bid less than $27K for Cat B?  230 bid but did not win this round. 

Edited by Matrix0405

PQP only showhand then whip out

Wait till thhe month then renew. It will be base on your renewal date

Hi Dafansu, you mean wait until 2nd April then renew?
↡ Advertisement