Dashing across hump

SGCMHello

Anyone knows if dashing across hump will spoil anything in the car?

My friend intend to change his car and started to dash across humps, jam brakes, hard acceleration etc. Basically anyhow drive. Then fuel pump start to spoil, then alternator, then one side of lights cannot light up. Hahaha. Is it wear and tear or dashing hump causing all these. Kind of asking for it.

↡ Advertisement

My friend intend to change his car and started to dash across humps, jam brakes, hard acceleration etc. Basically anyhow drive. Then fuel pump start to spoil, then alternator, then one side of lights cannot light up. Hahaha. Is it wear and tear or dashing hump causing all these. Kind of asking for it.

Mostly Suspension Parts may be affected,hey,Humps is to slow down the Car[area may be alot of people],dashing across it is NOT a good Idea.. [thumbsdown]

Even he is to scrap the Car,he should not drive like this in Public Roads [furious] ...what happen if he broke a Ball joint & the Car lost Control.? [bigcry]

Which car is he changing from?

I'll make sure I inform all my relatives colleagues n friends to stay away.

• Praise 1

Your friend mindset a bit childish leh...............

Better don't caused any necessary accident because of his immature and childish behavior and mindset

Did he do similar things when he about to dump or break off with all his ex GF???

Side track a bit, I don't mind to treat your friend to good meal and beer, provided he bring my MIL for a 1 day anyhow ride

• Praise 3

Rear upper & lower control arms sure damage.

Your friend does not seem to be a nice guy from the way he treated things that he intended to let go

Supersonic

It's like doing broad jump all the way, instead of walking normally.

You keep hitting the body's suspension system..and the knee will go eventually.

Other than dashing over humps, hard acceleration and hard brake , one can imagine that TS friend did a lot more stupid things to the car than what have been mentioned. It is a childish and irresponsible mentality. Many of the MCFers here would hope his car could breakdown completely sooner to reduce a rubish driver from the road.

Edited by Ct3833

Twincharged

Fuel pump and alternator is wear and tear. Nobody that I know and that includes mechanics can predict when a fuel pump will spoil. For alternator unless you remove the brushes to check, you also cannot tell when the brushes are worn. All these will never be able to be detected during routine maintenance.

Depending on how old the suspension is, knocking sounds will appear as the parts are stressed. Could take some time before effects are see . For hard acceleration, the driveshafts cv joints will be stressed as well as engine mounts. Hard braking won’t really wear out the pads that much unless he goes to track.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

The problems listed don't seem to be related to the action of dashing across humps.

Simply just wear and tear of an aging car.

hump has a purpose for us & the vehicle to slow down to prevent injury for us and the vehicle.

Without stopping r slowing down will loosen the bolts & nuts as well as loosening our joints and eventually drop off in the cabin!

↡ Advertisement