Teachers at schools and JCs to start paying for parking soon

Theoldjaffa

Supercharged

True also, last time our roads not so many cars, and also not so many people. So now it is indeed much more dangerous. Lol.

now PMD is more dangerous than car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

True also, last time our roads not so many cars, and also not so many people. So now it is indeed much more dangerous. Lol.

last time i sec 1 i never cross 6 miles junction as its traffic lights.....go further down and cross without the traffic light. Dangerous but we learnt how to judge car's speed and cross safely. Now arr.....small road oso need to press the traffic lights butyon even when there are no vehicle.....

If more dangerous, then how will the kids ever learn to protect themselves ? By being more protective ? Our kids are more stupid than other country kids ?

err....bro......the current younger gens are already confirming what you are saying.....

now PMD is more dangerous than car.

Super true, chances of getting hurt by PMD and bicycle are higher chance than car.

• Praise 1

Ya lor, last time don't even have MRT. I got to change 2-3 buses just to get home.

i purposely change 2-3 buses to bio the girls from methodist and cedar........
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Then the students need more excursions to the Road Safety Park in East Coast Park.

last time i sec 1 i never cross 6 miles junction as its traffic lights.....go further down and cross without the traffic light. Dangerous but we learnt how to judge car's speed and cross safely. Now arr.....small road oso need to press the traffic lights butyon even when there are no vehicle.....

• Praise 1

Twincharged

ya.. atas school worst cos.. a good time to show off their ride.. hahah

yes that is why i start to let my kid carry her own bag and walk to school from P2 onwards.. but i secretly follow behind to make sure ok.

but then nowadays the school bag super heavy...and cannot use those bags got wheels. so funny

This reminds me of these 2 parents at my son's school. Always driving Maserati and Porsche and they'll rev their engines even inside the carpark. Show off ok. But they are also a danger to the other students by accelerating hard inside the carpark.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Nowadays kids are very precious to parents de, so must send them to school even they are in sec 4!

Some parents too free la. I started going to school myself in Primary 3. But when i was in Sec 1 to 4, my dad fetch me to and from school everyday cuz he retired and got nothing to do. Lol.

Edited by Nzy

Ya lor, last time don't even have MRT. I got to change 2-3 buses just to get home.

Ya, last time need to cross a few roads and change 2-3 buses between school and home. But last time i like cause can detour to somewhere to play while going to school/home. Lol.

Some parents too free la. I started going to school myself in Primary 3. But when i was in Sec 1 to 4, my dad fetch me to and from school everyday cuz he retired and got nothing to do. Lol.

My family is poor, no car back then and i have to go to school myself from pri to sec school. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Last time car dont travel so fast ma, now cars travel very fast lo, not easy for kids to judge. Last time i pri school already often need to cross road without traffic light and yet still managed to survive. Lol.

remember now cross the road must raise up your hand while crossing..

My family is poor, no car back then and i have to go to school myself from pri to sec school. 

last time kids dont really wan parents to pick cos can go play but now kids wan parents to pick cos lazy

What I saw is that many parents don't want to take the responsibility of teaching their own kids. It is easier to pick up or drop off, than to spend some time training them how to take public transport. It may take a few weeks or a few months depending on how fast the child learn about his/her environment. The parents got to at least take public transport with the kids for a few times. Those who drive simply can't be bothered.

the child also play a part......they can always refused. Some student reach school very early even before 7......their parentz dropped them off when it is still dark......

Detour to play somewhere is also parts and parcel of growing up. You learn a lot of things. For kids these days, they will learn that they have limited money to spend when parents are not around. People outside won't give you things for free. There are people who will cheat your money. Things that can't be learnt at home or at school.

Nowadays kids like to go home to play, they dont like to detour to play somewhere, thats why they prefer their parents to come pick them up in a car. Last time i prefer to go school myself, cause many times i can take different buses to go 'sighseeing' after school while going home. Or ended up at some playground, mama shop etc. Lol.

Last time car dont travel so fast ma, now cars travel very fast lo, not easy for kids to judge. Last time i pri school already often need to cross road without traffic light and yet still managed to survive. Lol.

how much faster can a car drive in a 2 lane street......not talking about eway.....normal rds and speed limit in small rds are always very low. With the current bad congestion everywhere in the morning.....i dont think we can drive fast.....

Turbocharged

What I saw is that many parents don't want to take the responsibility of teaching their own kids. It is easier to pick up or drop off, than to spend some time training them how to take public transport. It may take a few weeks or a few months depending on how fast the child learn about his/her environment. The parents got to at least take public transport with the kids for a few times. Those who drive simply can't be bothered.

Cars so expensive..may as well fully utilise them..

besides school bus operators also charging sky high...so...your guess is as good as mine

This reminds me of these 2 parents at my son's school. Always driving Maserati and Porsche and they'll rev their engines even inside the carpark. Show off ok. But they are also a danger to the other students by accelerating hard inside the carpark.

Wait till they go to AC(I) and meet Aston Martin, Bentley continental GT and Rolls Royce.   [laugh]

Maybe this will have a deeper meaning for the Maserati and Porsche... 

GmuzK.gif

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1