2019 Toyota RAV4

DACH

You sound more convincing although I don't know if you are smoking me or not but I buy the explanation unlike his .

What I said can be google easily.

6th gen Celica is the last turbocharged Celica. The engine is hand over to Caldina for 2 more gen.

Caldina GT stops production in 2007. In Sg, I think only got 1.8L. There were some discussion on this car in MCF.

Turbo only re-appears in Toyota stable when Lexus NX was launched.

In Europe, ppl like small turbocharged car. None of Toyota stable fit European profile.

That's why got 1.2t and 1.8t.

Prius was launched in 1997. In 1997, 7th gen Celica was launched with 1.8L NA.

It is more for the American market. Celebrity likes it.

Despite the popularity of petrol hybrid in USA, sales of hybrid car in Europe was bad.

Sales of petrol hybrid only increase in past 2 yrs in Europe in line with explosion of EV.

Edited by Davidtch
↡ Advertisement

Can I go interview at BM for SE position?

Go get the position.

Next time MCFers buy Toyota cars from you, give them 50% discount.  :a-m1212:

Europe is just enamoured with turbo diesels (until recently). 

The japs (not only Toyota) doesn't have passenger cars turbo diesel know how or willing to go into that market. 

Turbo petrol is a way to beat ever tightening emission control. 

It is true that Toyota doesn't believe in turbo. The last turbo is Caldina GT.

Toyota bet on petrol hybrid technology since 1997. There is even fuel cell hybrid in Toyota Mirai.

Why Toyota goes back to turbo?

Europe.

European is addicted to low RPM high torque German cars.

Toyota hybrid doesn't sell well in Europe as compared to US of A.

Europe is just enamoured with turbo diesels (until recently). 

The japs (not only Toyota) doesn't have passenger cars turbo diesel know how or willing to go into that market. 

Turbo petrol is a way to beat ever tightening emission control. 

Just different philosophy.

Though i recall that the 2.2D for the mazda 6 is quite good compared to the other diesel offerings from the japs.

But then the best diesels are usually from the europeans.

Actually turbo diesel technology is really mostly due to the tax structure in europe, in particular, germany. Hence the differing "philosophy"  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81

Since you know more about cars than the boss himself, you will surely fail the interview. The latest trend in Singapore now is to hire people with zero industry experience and knowledge.

• Praise 4

Since you know more about cars than the boss himself, you will surely fail the interview. The latest trend in Singapore now is to hire people with zero industry experience and knowledge.

No wonder I am still unemployed
  • Praise 2

4th gen seems so rare here I only ever saw it once on the road.. any owners here by any chance? I'm considering renting one for an upcoming road trip. We are a party of 4, with up to 4 big luggages. What is your opinion on the RAV4's ability to handle this amount of cargo?

• Praise 1

Now it is the trend having a big 'ipad' in the middle of the dashboard lo.

Find this new RAV4 exterior looks a bit like the Lexus NX.

that's because it IS the Lexus NX

• Praise 1

Side track, if given a choice, would you chooose to get Harrier turbo or this new Rav4.

depends on the price,specs and trimming.since the RAV4 is not here yet,difficult to answer such question.

Is it just me? Rav4 gets uglier with each generation. i hardly see Rav4 on the road now.

I will get harrier over this

It's not about the looks, it's about the pricing.

BM only brought in the 2.0l version which doesn't compete well with competitors like the Nissan Qashqai, Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, Honda CRV, Suzuki Vitara, etc. 

That kind of pricing by BM, people might as well pay a bit more for the Harrier. 

It's not about the looks, it's about the pricing.

BM only brought in the 2.0l version which doesn't compete well with competitors like the Nissan Qashqai, Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, Honda CRV, Suzuki Vitara, etc. 

That kind of pricing by BM, people might as well pay a bit more for the Harrier. 

Does Rav4 compete with qashqai and vitara?

feels like rav4 is bigger, similar to CRV and CX5

129k for rav4 vs 134k for harrier now. i think most ppl will rather pay more for harrier

↡ Advertisement