COE Bidding – 1st Round of April 2018

Carbon82

Supersonic

nowadays cars are made to last 3 yrs maintenance free and 10 years to scrap. 5 years onward, visit workshop more often.

a car has thousands of parts. you changed some, the new and old will also give you problems. nothing beats a brand new lah. 

Even brand new it also seems like the car can only lasted about 4-5 years, after which have to change liao. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

not only cheap coe also low down payment. Now is different need 30/40% down payment

30/40% dp.....i bo lui. I know many who would rather renew coe, spend a few ks to make the car as roadworthy as possible and drive on. We just want a car for pt a to pt b rain or shine! No need for fanciful drl, collision sensor or auto parking. Can drive i happy liao.
  • Praise 1

Low demand on second day.

BIDDING STATUS AS AT 03/04/2018 11:00:32.00 HRS
Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received
A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 1 1,566 11
B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 1 1,389 11
C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 292 0
D MOTORCYCLE 1 516 59
E OPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 1 612 1

We will know the real demand in 24hours!

So many old cars? If coe is low enuff they may chg new instead of renew.

If COE goes to $1, I will renew my car to keep the monthly expenditures low. Nothing beats renewing COE if one wants to drive and yet want be cheapo. In fact the total saving % is inversely proportional to COE price. The higher the COE price, the lower % of saving it will be between renewing COE vs buying new

Supersonic

30/40% dp.....i bo lui. I know many who would rather renew coe, spend a few ks to make the car as roadworthy as possible and drive on. We just want a car for pt a to pt b rain or shine! No need for fanciful drl, collision sensor or auto parking. Can drive i happy liao.

But if renew must renew 10 years instead of 5 years lo. I find many people renewed 5 years which i think might as well buy brand new. Lol.

But if renew must renew 10 years instead of 5 years lo. I find many people renewed 5 years which i think might as well buy brand new. Lol.

ya....true. i renewed 10 yrs! Maybe can renew another 10 in 10 yrs time.

If COE goes to $1, I will renew my car to keep the monthly expenditures low. Nothing beats renewing COE if one wants to drive and yet want be cheapo. In fact the total saving % is inversely proportional to COE price. The higher the COE price, the lower % of saving it will be between renewing COE vs buying new

Totally agree. I wish for 20k.

Upon renewal yearly usage cost and maintenance overall per year will be abt 10k for a Honda jazz.

So many old cars? If coe is low enuff they may chg new instead of renew.

Lower COE prices no longer equate to lower cars prices. Unfortunately. ADs having control over car prices. We see this happening over these few months. COE price dropped by $10K, AD margin went up $10K. Buyers lang lang.

cheapo or not it is well worth the savings. Give oni 1 party my money and i certainly doesnt want to sponsor someone with a family tour around the world....

Demand still low at 5pm

BIDDING STATUS AS AT 03/04/2018 16:59:12.00 HRS
Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received
A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 1 1,566 19
B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 1 1,389 31
C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 292 2
D MOTORCYCLE 1 516 64
E OPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 1 612 4

cheapo or not it is well worth the savings. Give oni 1 party my money and i certainly doesnt want to sponsor someone with a family tour around the world....ð¤ð¤ð¤ð¤

Agree. I rather use for other enjoyment than to pay for ARF on new car and line dealers pocket.

Old is gold.

• Praise 1

Just renewed my COE for another 10 years too. Contributed $41K to the building of 100 sq ft of North South Corridor expressway. But there goes my kids education fund :( 

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Just renewed my COE for another 10 years too. Contributed $41K to the building of 100 sq ft of North South Corridor expressway. But there goes my kids education fund :( 

What car you have renewed le?

Like my colleague who renew 5 years earlier being as projected COE price will drop at this year.

Also he waiting the car new model to launch.

Also another one waiting car price to drop being older model.

So is all about planning and strategy..

So end of day is which is best planning and win win situation.

Supersonic

$1 COE is pretty impossible now.

If it's $10k, can be considered good already.

• Praise 4