• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic | 69 praises

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello. Would like to seek some opinions here.

Thinking of respraying my car as the paintwork is turning yellowish and there are paintwork damages (stone chips, dings and dangs) on the bumper. Previous owner also used liquid paper to try to mask up the stone chips.  -_- If I were to respray on the current bumper, after refibre/putty+respray, would there be a risk of the paintwork cracking after sometime? 

Or would it actually be wiser to replace the bumper with a good condition secondhand one followed by respray?

I'm keeping my options opened. May be a good time to change new bodykit as well but not exactly familiar with the different types. 

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

Discoburg and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thinking of respraying my car as the paintwork is turning yellowish and there are paintwork damages (stone chips, dings and dangs) on the bumper. Previous owner also used liquid paper to try to mask up the stone chips.  -_- If I were to respray on the current bumper, after refibre/putty+respray, would there be a risk of the paintwork cracking after sometime? 

Or would it actually be wiser to replace the bumper with a good condition secondhand one followed by respray?

I'm keeping my options opened. May be a good time to change new bodykit as well but not exactly familiar with the different types. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1920.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1921.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1922.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1923.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1924.jpg

If your budget allows, it would be nice to change to a 2nd hand good condition one and respray. Those cuts and scratches can be easily repaired by workshops and most of them will say the paintwork will not crack unless there are impact to the affected areas. My ex car has this problem and I went ahead to repair rather then change new. More economical for me. But do note that the respray might show 2 different contrast of white since the chassis paintwork is not touched.

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

:a-good: Replace and respray 

ChaosMyth praised this

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

change car :XD:
Discoburg and BanCoe praised this
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Best advice given  :a-good:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not everyone's pocket as deep as your wor... hahaha.. 

Discoburg, ChaosMyth and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not everyone's pocket as deep as your wor... hahaha..

sorry hor, DACH pocket deeper haha...

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

sorry hor, DACH pocket deeper haha...

Yah Yah.. Sibeh deep pocket.. kenna chips and kerb rash will go respray/replace.. hahhaa. 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:21 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

-__________-"
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Some say he change car when it comes to replace the brake pads.  [bounce2]

Yah Yah.. Sibeh deep pocket.. kenna chips and kerb rash will go respray/replace.. hahhaa. 

Buadongdong and kdash praised this

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Some say he change car when it comes to replace the brake pads.  [bounce2]

Wahahaha :grin:  :XD:.

All we know is, he's called DACH. MCF DACH

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

:a-happy:  :a-m1212:  :a-whiteflag:

Wahahaha :grin:  :XD:.

All we know is, he's called DACH. MCF DACH

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

kdash is a blonde....... 

Liquid Paper ... LOL.... must buy next car white colour to match liquid paper  [laugh] ; some more can work as filler and just sand paper it to smoothen it

kdash praised this

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If your budget allows, it would be nice to change to a 2nd hand good condition one and respray. Those cuts and scratches can be easily repaired by workshops and most of them will say the paintwork will not crack unless there are impact to the affected areas. My ex car has this problem and I went ahead to repair rather then change new. More economical for me. But do note that the respray might show 2 different contrast of white since the chassis paintwork is not touched.

the reason why i'm considering to change bumper because previously when I got it removed to check on some wiring works I think they used a clip inside to secure it as something inside broke already. 

trying to find secondhand ones on carousell but none for now. asked my workshop but they don't have it either. if anyone has lobang please let me know. honda forum also quite dead. haha.

change to sienta? 

kdash is a blonde....... 

Liquid Paper ... LOL.... must buy next car white colour to match liquid paper  [laugh] ; some more can work as filler and just sand paper it to smoothen it

hard to match liquid paper white leh. i have it all over. the boot, the doors. lol.

Discoburg praised this

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the reason why i'm considering to change bumper because previously when I got it removed to check on some wiring works I think they used a clip inside to secure it as something inside broke already.

trying to find secondhand ones on carousell but none for now. asked my workshop but they don't have it either. if anyone has lobang please let me know. honda forum also quite dead. haha.

change to sienta?

hard to match liquid paper white leh. i have it all over. the boot, the doors. lol.

FD2R my dear 👍👍
Discoburg praised this

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Now FK2R already my dear  :a-happy:

FD2R my dear 👍👍

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Now FK2R already my dear :a-happy:

wahahhaha 👍👍

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

kdash is a blonde....... 

His picture already exposed. 

Not blonde hor...  :D

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:34 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    4th Gear
    Author Image

FD2R my dear 👍👍

no money lah. haha...

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:36 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    4th Gear
    Author Image

anybody got spray paint shop to recommend? reasonably priced will be nice.

Back to Cosmetics  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, accord, euror, euro r and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users