• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
78 replies to this topic | 450 praises

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://eatbook.sg/pa...central-hawker/

Things to eat at Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre

Pasir-ris-The-Fareground-2-1024x683.jpg

Pasir-ris-The-Fareground-10-1024x683.jpg

Pasir-ris-The-Fareground-12-1024x683.jpg

Pasir-ris-The-Fareground-3-1024x683.jpg

Pasir-ris-The-Fareground-11-1024x683.jpg

Pasir-ris-The-Fareground-13-1024x683.jpg

New food place to explore. It is advertised as an instagram worthy hawker center served by young entrepreneurs. I would very much prefer simple hawker fares at less exorbitant prices compared to 'hipster' food but if the food is good, it's still worth a try.

Anyone been here?

Mason016, Ysc3, Count-Bracula, Premacist, BabyBlade, Silver_blade, Atrecord, 11 other members and 1 Anonymous member praised this
The Power of Dreams!

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

So this hawker centre many young entrepreneurs ah? Havent find time go see look see look.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    4th Gear
    Author Image

So this hawker centre many young entrepreneurs ah? Havent find time go see look see look.

apparently so. i think it's same concept as bedok marketplace at simpang bedok and also timbre+. all the hipster eateries. just like how nowadays geylang serai and all the pasar malam also sell 'hipster' food that looks good on instagram but taste wise subjective.

but if staying around pasir ris still worth a visit if out of places to eat.

The Power of Dreams!

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Looks very 阿搭式.

Don't know if they are reasonably priced. 

Angcheek and Zxcvb praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:57 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think its appeals to the youngster. My son likes the food there. 

Uncle2 praised this

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

apparently so. i think it's same concept as bedok marketplace at simpang bedok and also timbre+. all the hipster eateries. just like how nowadays geylang serai and all the pasar malam also sell 'hipster' food that looks good on instagram but taste wise subjective.

but if staying around pasir ris still worth a visit if out of places to eat.

Actually if at tampines Ikea area, quite near to drop by at parsir ris hawker centre if driving.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:53 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Been there twice; the standards aren't bad at all.

My camera on hand however wasn't a food blogger's grade though

vLE6H8L.png

satLWYC.png

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:35 AM

Dreamer69
  • Premium member
    Dreamer69
    Clutched
    Author Image

Try most of the food as I stay nearby. I think Wild Olives represent one of the best value for money meal. 

SuPerBoRed, ChaosMyth, Lala81 and EWander praised this

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Been there twice; the standards aren't bad at all.

My camera on hand however wasn't a food blogger's grade though

vLE6H8L.png

satLWYC.png

haha what's that curry with rice meal? average price of these?

The Power of Dreams!

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

waa can go there for lunch MU...
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

waa can go there for lunch MU...

Talking about MU, there are several places with free lunch time parking, namely Our Tampines Hub, Down Town East and Loyang Point. Tampines Giant and Ikea Tampines, whole day free parking.

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Talking about MU, there are several places with free lunch time parking, namely Our Tampines Hub, Down Town East and Loyang Point. Tampines Giant and Ikea Tampines, whole day free parking.

thanks for the suggestions! you sound like you stay around that area...
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:26 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You guys can eat meatballs in IKEA MU.  :XD:

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

haha what's that curry with rice meal? average price of these?

I forgot what it was actually, from the stall on the far left, think it was beef masala or maybe its butter chicken haha...

Most meals around $4~$5 on the hipster floor.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:15 AM

Sotong1977
  • Sotong1977
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I think this concept is a great way to preserve (and upmarket) the uniquely Singapore hawker food scene.

Singaporeans (and the FT) had been pampered for many years by CHEAP and delicious hawker food that foreigners in western countries can only look on with envy.

In the past, the hawkers would look at the job (despite it being really tough on their body) that they were holding as providing them with a stable and reasonably good income during the nation building years. The really good ones would of course be earning above average incomes.

However, with the changing demographic due to the rising educational level and increasingly western mentality of younger generations, people are less willing to slog it out serving hawker food. Hell, even me (in my 40) would have second thoughts.

The way to go to encourage younger generation to enter the scene is to provide incentives in an intangible way by redesigning the profession to project a more upmarket feel and look. See how the western and japanese celebrity cooks are doing. Such approach would then bring on tangible benefits to the hawker in the form of higher income by charging (hopefully for the consumer only slightly) higher prices.

The downside is we consumers would be paying higher prices and thats the price (literally) to pay if our future generations are to continue to enjoy the food that their fathers and mothers had the previlege to enjoy.

Edited by Sotong1977, 06 April 2018 - 10:19 AM.

ChaosMyth praised this

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

thanks for the suggestions! you sound like you stay around that area...

Yes, you are right!

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I think this concept is a great way to preserve (and upmarket) the uniquely Singapore hawker food scene.

Singaporeans (and the FT) had been pampered for many years by CHEAP and delicious hawker food that foreigners in western countries can only look on with envy.

In the past, the hawkers would look at the job (despite it being really tough on their body) that they were holding as providing them with a stable and reasonably good income during the nation building years. The really good ones would of course be earning above average incomes.

However, with the changing demographic due to the rising educational level and increasingly western mentality of younger generations, people are less willing to slog it out serving hawker food. Hell, even me (in my 40) would have second thoughts.

The way to go to encourage younger generation to enter the scene is to provide incentives in an intangible way by redesigning the profession to project a more upmarket feel and look. See how the western and japanese celebrity cooks are doing. Such approach would then bring on tangible benefits to the hawker in the form of higher income by charging (hopefully for the consumer only slightly) higher prices.

The downside is we consumers would be paying higher prices and thats the price (literally) to pay if our future generations are to continue to enjoy the food that their fathers and mothers had the previlege to enjoy.

so far i've been to a few such places to eat but sadly i still prefer the cheaper hawker food. not just because of the price but the fact that i would very much enjoy a plate of fried carrot cake than to be having chicken chop and the more atas food. if i really wanted something else, i would go to a cafe or restaurant to have it. i'm a bit old fashion.

The Power of Dreams!

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I forgot what it was actually, from the stall on the far left, think it was beef masala or maybe its butter chicken haha...

Most meals around $4~$5 on the hipster floor.

prices still quite decent then. nowadays normal hawker food also at least $3+ and onwards.

The Power of Dreams!

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

kdash Buadongdong Next MU spot?

Actually if at tampines Ikea area, quite near to drop by at parsir ris hawker centre if driving.

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:29 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

kdash Buadongdong Next MU spot?

Sure.. Coming friday??

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: food, pasir ris, hawker, pasir and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users