34,000 PH car drivers yet to obtain vocational licence

Roborovskii

(edited)

LoL...guess what's the reason for these ppl who did not take the test or failed the test.

According to Class 95 the feedback that they have received is that the PDL test is very difficult. They have to "memorise" 500 questions of which the test will randomly pick 50 questions and some of the questions are "trick questions". Hence it's very difficult to pass. Some ppl took the test 5 times also cannot pass.

What is the passing score %? 90%? 100%?

Basic and advance driving theory also have a lot of info to study. I also no study the whole book. I didn't want to consult anyone coz they reply with stupid answer and say it's "common sense". Wtf? I was only 17yo at that time, no idea about driving theory whatsoever. So if a 17yo ask you, pls don't give dumbass reply and say it's common sense. You will look like a dick.

On the first test I try to remember as many questions as I can. Go home circle them on the book. On the 2nd test I passed. I used the same strategy for advance theory and passed on the 2nd attempt. After that everything give back. [laugh]

Edited by Watwheels

Supersonic

17,000 who passed are the serious one, mostly the full timers and some part timers.

The rest of part timers or "leisure" timers probably make the 34,000.

It's easy to start private hire driving earlier on.

You just need to pay for insurance and/or register a company.

Later, you need to make a little effort to get the decal on.

The last stage, where you need to go for medical, attend course and pass exam takes a lot more effort.

This is where most will drop out.

The exam is not impossible, but frustrating when you have to memorize stupid LTA fines and demerit points. What the hell does testing this kind of memory good for ? Are you going to be LTA enforcement officer ?

• Praise 1

Will wait till mid year to see how the situation is.

I'd be expecting higher fares and b2b ping.

Greater earnings for serious full-time & part-time drivers.

• Praise 1

Heard from my friend whom had gone to take the test for the vocational licence that it is not that easy to pass.

If I did not remember wrongly, you'll have to attain a 1 day course and really put in effort to study the notes. The cost to take the course can be paid using the skills future credit if I never hear wrongly from him.

The course will cover illness, terrorism, fines, demerit points and many more ..

Then when you take the test that time, each will be allocated to a station whereby every one will not get the same set of questions [gossip]

He told me that some of them even fail 7-8 times for the test ... :beaten:

LoL...guess what's the reason for these ppl who did not take the test or failed the test.

According to Class 95 the feedback that they have received is that the PDL test is very difficult. They have to "memorise" 500 questions of which the test will randomly pick 50 questions and some of the questions are "trick questions". Hence it's very difficult to pass. Some ppl took the test 5 times also cannot pass.

Basic and advance driving theory also have a lot of info to study. I also no study the whole book. I didn't want to consult anyone coz they reply with stupid answer and say it's "common sense". Wtf? I was only 17yo at that time, no idea about driving theory whatsoever. So if a 17yo ask you, pls don't give dumbass reply and say it's common sense. You will look like a dick.

On the first test I try to remember as many questions as I can. Go home circle them on the book. On the 2nd test I passed. I used the same strategy for advance theory and passed on the 2nd attempt. After that everything give back. [laugh]

these are not noob driver who never drive before, most of this people probably already obtain the driving license for some time. Hence the test questions can be 'common sense' if you are already on the road everyday.

I can understand many uncles or odd jobs worker switching to drive PHV will face this problem. Firstly some of them could have gotten their license in the 70s/80s via other channel.

True the test are quite difficult to pass. There are mock test you can try on-line.

Most of the tricky ones are regarding Fines and Demerit points questions.

Too many to remember them correctly.

IIRC 75 or 80% to pass the test.

Try the online test once and failed (by 1 question) too. :TT_TT:

Supersonic
(edited)

PDVL exam is 2/3 of taxi licence. Except for paper 3 which is route planning, the contents and test are the same.

Part of the test include english understanding and analysis of the question. For those not fully english educated will find it difficult.

Some questions demand a answer which is MOST correct.

It's not just A correct answer.

So again, this is debatable. But if the examiner determines his answer is MORE correct than yours, than you ARE WRONG.

The passing grade is a stupidly high number 86%, design to weed out many people, who will have to keep booking and repeating test.

Edited by Kb27

Diabetes. High Blood. All these medical questions will also have.

Was thinking, taking test for driving PHC or become doctor? [scholar]

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Diabetes. High Blood. All these medical questions will also have.

Was thinking, taking test for driving PHC or become doctor? [scholar]

Need to remember BMI index too.

And what telephone to call for LTA, anti-terrrorists, etc. [laugh]

PDVL exam is 2/3 of taxi licence. Except for paper 3 which is route planning, the contents and test are the same.

Part of the test include english understanding and analysis of the question. For those not fully english educated will find it difficult.

Some questions demand a answer which is MOST correct.

It's not just A correct answer.

So again, this is debatable. But if the examiner determines his answer is MORE correct than yours, than you ARE WRONG.

The passing grade is a stupidly high number 86%, design to weed out many people, who will have to keep booking and repeating test.

passing rate of 86% is quite high, leaving only 14% of those who will rebook for another test or give up testing entirely, how is it that it is weeding out many people ?

Sometimes I wonder the system is succeed or failure?

With so many accidents around.lol...

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Supersonic
(edited)

passing rate of 86% is quite high, leaving only 14% of those who will rebook for another test or give up testing entirely, how is it that it is weeding out many people ?

I mean the passing mark.

Exam is 50 question. You must get 43 questions correct.

Wrong answer for more than 7 questions and you fail.

Edited by Kb27

Maybe no 10 year series for them to study or no tips given during the course.. that's why many cannot pass....

Supersonic

Heard from my friend whom had gone to take the test for the vocational licence that it is not that easy to pass.

If I did not remember wrongly, you'll have to attain a 1 day course and really put in effort to study the notes. The cost to take the course can be paid using the skills future credit if I never hear wrongly from him.

The course will cover illness, terrorism, fines, demerit points and many more ..

Then when you take the test that time, each will be allocated to a station whereby every one will not get the same set of questions [gossip]

He told me that some of them even fail 7-8 times for the test ... :beaten:

This PH vocational licence so difficult to pass? Then how come those people taking taxi vocational licence like so easy le?

I mean the passing mark.

Exam is 50 question. You must get 43 questions correct.

Wrong answer for more than 7 questions and you fail.

Last time highway code only allow 3 mistake right?

I remember when I went over to Australia trying to take their written test which only need 60% or 70% to pass, but I still fail [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement