• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
103 replies to this topic | 136 praises

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

bhwee
  • bhwee
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If my coe expire on 30th april, can I wait the 2nd April coe bidding to finish and use this latest pqp?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If my coe expire on 30th april, can I wait the 2nd April coe bidding to finish and use this latest pqp?

what car and how many years to renew?

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:42 PM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    Author Image

You can either use April PQP or May PQP when the 2nd bidding is out, then depend on the best price. Either way, your new COE will start from 1 May.
supersen and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:17 PM

WangWang888
  • Premium member
    WangWang888
    4th Gear
    Author Image

U mean different car model can use different coe period to renew?😆
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:37 PM

Net1sg1969
  • Net1sg1969
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

You cant although u can renew it in May as there is grace period but the PQP will still based on Apr which is $40881 for Cat B.

https://www.onemotor...hicle/coe1.html

Edited by Net1sg1969, 06 April 2018 - 11:39 PM.

Tenghock, Blueray and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

Chongster
  • Chongster
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You can either use April PQP or May PQP when the 2nd bidding is out, then depend on the best price. Either way, your new COE will start from 1 May.

it seems this advice is not correct based on1st sentence of bullet point 3... 

You do not need to bid for a COE for COE renewal. To renew the COE for your existing vehicle for another 10 years, pay the Prevailing Quota Premium (PQP). To renew the COE for another 5 years, pay 50% of the PQP

• If you wish to keep your vehicle registered beyond its current COE expiry date, you will need to renew the COE by paying the applicable PQP for your vehicle. If the COE is not renewed by the current COE expiry date, the vehicle will be de-registered.
  • The PQP is the moving average of the COE prices (QPs) in the last 3 months. The PQP varies from month to month. Click here for the PQP rates.
  • If the application for renewal of COE is made in the month of the COE expiry or after the COE expiry date (within the 1-month grace period with payment of late fees), the PQP rate for the month of COE expiry shall be payable. Upon renewal, the new COE will commence on the next day after the current COE expiry date. If the COE renewal is made prior to the current COE expiry month, the PQP payable shall be the rate applicable at the point of the renewal of the COE. Upon renewal, the new COE will commence from the 1st of the following month from the PQP month and the balance of the current COE will be forfeited.
  • Upon the COE renewal, any COE rebate arising from any lay-up period during the COE validity period will be forfeited.

Atrecord praised this

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:47 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cannot use may
Garage36.com

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:18 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

My car is OPC,if i pay PQP is it the full amount or $17,000 lesser.?

Fairlady.

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:30 AM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My car is OPC,if i pay PQP is it the full amount or $17,000 lesser.?

Full amount. No more $17000 discount. Only benefit of keeping it OPC beyond 10 years is the lesser road tax. So no point, might as well convert to black plate.
Ody_2004 praised this

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:18 AM

Sktan10
  • Sktan10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Why you worry what car?😀😀😀

Edited by Sktan10, 08 April 2018 - 08:19 AM.

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:50 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if expired in April I think he can only use latest April COE even if he wants to renew in May. 

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That is correct
Garage36.com

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Full amount. No more $17000 discount. Only benefit of keeping it OPC beyond 10 years is the lesser road tax. So no point, might as well convert to black plate.

Only find out OPC is a "Scam",my Scrap Value is reduced,because of low COE in 2009,now only can get $12,500 in PARF,while the Normal Plate of my model,gets $24,500.[based on OMV of $49,000]. [thumbsdown]  [furious]  [bigcry]

Fairlady.

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Why you worry what car?😀😀😀

see whether worthy to renew

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Only find out OPC is a "Scam",my Scrap Value is reduced,because of low COE in 2009,now only can get $12,500 in PARF,while the Normal Plate of my model,gets $24,500.[based on OMV of $49,000]. [thumbsdown] [furious] [bigcry]

How low was your COE? I remembered 9 years ago not all OPC got the full $17k discount as COE + PARF was less than 17k.

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

How low was your COE? I remembered 9 years ago not all OPC got the full $17k discount as COE + PARF was less than 17k.

$5,500....March 2009.

Fairlady.

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Silklee
  • Premium member
    Silklee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Only find out OPC is a "Scam",my Scrap Value is reduced,because of low COE in 2009,now only can get $12,500 in PARF,while the Normal Plate of my model,gets $24,500.[based on OMV of $49,000]. [thumbsdown] [furious] [bigcry]

It's not a scam. You should have found out more about it when you decided to go for OPC.
Blueray, Ingenius, Ivan_06 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Silklee
  • Premium member
    Silklee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

It's not a scam. You should have found out more about it when you decided to go for OPC.

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:12 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

see whether worthy to renew

you want to buy TS car? haha...
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:54 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only find out OPC is a "Scam",my Scrap Value is reduced,because of low COE in 2009,now only can get $12,500 in PARF,while the Normal Plate of my model,gets $24,500.[based on OMV of $49,000]. [thumbsdown]  [furious]  [bigcry]

Should have converted the car to normal plate months before you scrap the car.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users