COE renewal question

bhwee

For on-line COE renewal, the determinant is your internet banking. Some banks have lower limit on $$ transfer, so if the PQP is too big amount, the bank might not allow it to go through.

I know stanchart can transfer big amount.

But since now COE dropped, PQP also not high liao, so maybe most banks can...

So confirm can transfer using Standchart internet banking?

If yes good, as SC local limit is $200,000!

Anyway due only in Sept so hopefully COE drop a few more times.

↡ Advertisement

I am caveman.No internet banking.

I queue 1.5 hours in UOB to buy casher's order and next day, queue half hour in LTA in SinMing to pay.

Nice experience.

[laugh]

Hi pal,

I also intend to do it the caveman’s way.

Let’s say car expires on 9th August 2018, I go to LTA on 3rd August.

Beside Cashier Order, must I produce a new car insurance cert (9/8/18 to 8/8/19) or my existing one which expires on 8/8/18 is sufficient to renew COE first, before I go and get new insurance?

Also, will my car be considered renewed on the 3rd Aug or LTA will start it on the 9th Aug?

Appreciate any help... TIA

Supercharged

Hi pal,

I also intend to do it the cavemanâs way.

Letâs say car expires on 9th August 2018, I go to LTA on 3rd August.

Beside Cashier Order, must I produce a new car insurance cert (9/8/18 to 8/8/19) or my existing one which expires on 8/8/18 is sufficient to renew COE first, before I go and get new insurance?

Also, will my car be considered renewed on the 3rd Aug or LTA will start it on the 9th Aug?

1. Insurance is not necessary when you renew the COE. It is only required if you want the pay the road tax on the spot.

2. My case, DA auto renew for me a month before it expires. So when LTA check the system, insurance was already updated. So I can pay the road tax.

3. It will start from 9 Aug. Unless you renew before Sep 2018 PQP is out. Like on 15 Jul using Aug 2018’s PQP. Then the COE will starts on 1 Aug.

4. I would suggest you finalise your decision after Aug 2018 PQP is out. (Jul second bid closed) Giving you some time to renew the road tax and get updated in their system.

Btw, Vicom inspection is not required. Only required before the 11 year.

• Praise 1

1. Insurance is not necessary when you renew the COE. It is only required if you want the pay the road tax on the spot.

2. My case, DA auto renew for me a month before it expires. So when LTA check the system, insurance was already updated. So I can pay the road tax.

3. It will start from 9 Aug. Unless you renew before Sep 2018 PQP is out. Like on 15 Jul using Aug 2018âs PQP. Then the COE will starts on 1 Aug.

4. I would suggest you finalise your decision after Aug 2018 PQP is out. (Jul second bid closed) Giving you some time to renew the road tax and get updated in their system.

Btw, Vicom inspection is not required. Only required before the 11 year.

Tks for the detailed explanation. Indeed helped to clear my doubts!

Still got few more months to go, let hope Cat B will drop more.

I am caveman.No internet banking.

I queue 1.5 hours in UOB to buy casher's order and next day, queue half hour in LTA in SinMing to pay.

Nice experience.

[laugh]

I am a caveman also, but i am a very lazy caveman. So if there are obvious convenience involved, i force myself to learn how to benefit from it.

Internet banking was nong nong ago. From initially skeptical (and blur), slowly embraced it.

Then that time when i needed to renew, called up LTA few times asked for advice, they were also not v v clear on everything, esp. on the online method. But cos i didn't wan take leave go bank and LTA queue nong nong, i die die also kept asking.

In the end, it was a breeze. Just ensure got enough $$, clicked the mouse, then done liao.

Try lah.

So confirm can transfer using Standchart internet banking?

If yes good, as SC local limit is $200,000!

Anyway due only in Sept so hopefully COE drop a few more times.

Confirmed, 100%, chopped, stamped, guaranteed. can throw in som-bah (or stat declaration officially) too if need be.

i clicked to transfer $58k  [bigcry]  in Jan 16 to renew mine...

• Praise 4

Hi pal,

I also intend to do it the caveman’s way.

Let’s say car expires on 9th August 2018, I go to LTA on 3rd August.

Aiyoh... really dowan the siam the queues + waits at bank and LTA arrh?

can save leave, time, petrol, parking, etc. leh... plus the admin charge for the cashier's order [laugh]

I am a caveman also, but i am a very lazy caveman. So if there are obvious convenience involved, i force myself to learn how to benefit from it.

Internet banking was nong nong ago. From initially skeptical (and blur), slowly embraced it.

Then that time when i needed to renew, called up LTA few times asked for advice, they were also not v v clear on everything, esp. on the online method. But cos i didn't wan take leave go bank and LTA queue nong nong, i die die also kept asking.

In the end, it was a breeze. Just ensure got enough $$, clicked the mouse, then done liao.

Try lah.

Confirmed, 100%, chopped, stamped, guaranteed. can throw in som-bah (or stat declaration officially) too if need be.

i clicked to transfer $58k  [bigcry]  in Jan 16 to renew mine...

[thumbsup]

Supercharged

can save leave, time, petrol, parking, etc. leh... plus the admin charge for the cashier's order [laugh]

LTA opens on Saturday from 8am.

So, I reach there about 7:40am. Already 15-16 persons ahead of me.

But they mostly for the PDVL test.

I was 3rd in queue for the renewal. 

The counter staff is very friendly. Nice chit chat with them. Quite a good customer service by LTA.

i tried outsource option. They make it very complicated. Told me LTA will charge $200 for donno what Then $25 transfer fee x 2. For what? Admin fee $30.

Total cost of about $300 to do the transfer.

Withdraw from bank no issue... Certain DBS ATM can withdraw up to $200k, thus no need to Q at bank.

It’s the going to LTA tats a headache.

Nonetheless, Tks for the encouragement! Hahaha...

I will call up LTA to check on the renewal procedure required for online DIY.

The counter staff is very friendly. Nice chit chat with them. Quite a good customer service by LTA.

i tried outsource option. They make it very complicated. Told me LTA will charge $200 for donno what Then $25 transfer fee x 2. For what? Admin fee $30.

Next time u provide service for MCF dinosaurs!

Charge half the price can liao!

Withdraw from bank no issue... Certain DBS ATM can withdraw up to $200k, thus no need to Q at bank.

It’s the going to LTA tats a headache.

Nonetheless, Tks for the encouragement! Hahaha...

I will call up LTA to check on the renewal procedure required for online DIY.

Next time u provide service for MCF dinosaurs!

Charge half the price can liao!

• Praise 1

of course de......you giving them roughly $40,000 in cash. Anybody will sure treat you nicely........if they otang you then its a different story....

Thank you sooooo much for the link!

It’s so easy!!!!!

好人做到底.... how to increase POSB limit ah?

Can self increase limit online anot?

not sure... because for below 50k we use POSB above 50k we use SC

I have a question:

I want to renew my car COE, but I am staying oversea quite a long time, can I ask someone else to do the renewal on behalf of me,  

thanks

Edited by MQX87511

I have a question:

I want to renew my car COE, but I am staying oversea quite a long time, can I ask someone else to do the renewal on behalf of me,  

thanks

Anyone can renew on-line (on behalf of others) since only need some basic info and pay the PQP.

Quite straight forward.

• Praise 1

I have a question:

thanks

You don't have to as you can do it online from overseas. 10mins work inclusive of renewing road tax.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/coe1.html

Unless you don't have a local account like DBS/POSB, then gotta trouble your friends to renew for you by providing him/her with your last 4 digit & alphabet of your NRIC then transfer money to him/her local bank.

But this type of big transaction, I'll prefer to do on my own.

• Praise 2

Anyone can renew on-line (on behalf of others) since only need some basic info and pay the PQP.

Quite straight forward.

thanks for your information [:)]

You don't have to as you can do it online from overseas. 10mins work inclusive of renewing road tax.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/coe1.html

Unless you don't have a local account like DBS/POSB, then gotta trouble your friends to renew for you by providing him/her with your last 4 digit & alphabet of your NRIC then transfer money to him/her local bank.

But this type of big transaction, I'll prefer to do on my own.

thank you very much! [wave]

↡ Advertisement