Lied to by a salesman at kia-motors and I need advice

Fictionaire

I apologise. Tried my best to explain the complicated situation. I assumed they are all under KIA motors.

Not black and white, but can infer from our whatsapp conversation. The salesman won't budge because he probably thinks he is not at fault here.

Probably true. It's not illegal but definitely unethical. If I can't trust him to get the car out of the showroom after coe is secured, I doubt I can trust him that the car is not abused in other ways.

As what Friendstar said, 2K is not worthwhile. A lot of unknowns.

1. Most times , displayed unreg vehicle or yom is one year ago, the discount is steeper then 2000 dollars.

You should be getting closer to fleet sale discount since its double japerdy in your case like what a car rental agency enjoy.

2. Once sold, the term and condition will indicate show as condition with mileage xx or xxx as ddmmyyyy.

3. Car will have a sold sign and locked. You will then be asked to also signed to say once registered you will be required to removed the car.

4. As it is showroom, most AD do send your car for a full detailing as well as carpet "hygene" treatment.

Most buyers who buys show piece either buys it because it is the top tier version with sunroof and other factory fitted items but sold at base spec prices.

Not sure of KIA model range prices.

I am also confused of the fulco thing. What make you buy from one place and not at cnc?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Yesterday I was at Cars@Expo, I saw the Mazda CX-5 with a SOLD sign hanging from the rear view mirror, but the car was not locked. People still can go in and out of the car, touch and sit inside the car. So not true that sold display cars will be locked.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

why so many people says what SE says is useless, blah blah and nothing one can do about it ?

A salesman is a paid employee of the company, in essence an agent with implied and explicit authority. Verbal agreements are recognised by the law. The only problem is SG sucks totally in consumer protection + most buyers put in the same position would LLST instead of seeking legal recourse. If they kenna a rich fark who has time and money, oh boy ..... popcorn time

Maybe scared the SE will scratch the car even more? One comprain 3 inch scratch. 2nd comprain 6 inch, etc, etc....lol

I wanted a black carens, so the only choice was a display model at Alexandra. The other colours were ugh. Didn’t want to wait further. So SE reserved the one at Alexandra.

Their reservation system is linked. So technically, fulco and Alexandra should work like brothers. Apparently that isn’t the case.

You stated very valid points. Thank you.

1. Most times , displayed unreg vehicle or yom is one year ago, the discount is steeper then 2000 dollars.

You should be getting closer to fleet sale discount since its double japerdy in your case like what a car rental agency enjoy.

2. Once sold, the term and condition will indicate show as condition with mileage xx or xxx as ddmmyyyy.

3. Car will have a sold sign and locked. You will then be asked to also signed to say once registered you will be required to removed the car.

4. As it is showroom, most AD do send your car for a full detailing as well as carpet "hygene" treatment.

Most buyers who buys show piece either buys it because it is the top tier version with sunroof and other factory fitted items but sold at base spec prices.

Not sure of KIA model range prices.

I am also confused of the fulco thing. What make you buy from one place and not at cnc?

I can’t imagine what people would do to a “sold” car knowing that it will be somebody else’s one day. I doubt they will be extra careful. Lol.

Yesterday I was at Cars@Expo, I saw the Mazda CX-5 with a SOLD sign hanging from the rear view mirror, but the car was not locked. People still can go in and out of the car, touch and sit inside the car. So not true that sold display cars will be locked.

He finally replied 2 hours after I emailed Cycle and Carriage but 28 hours after I sent the message. lol.

Still chirpy and friendly and polite. Not sure if he knows about this thread. Sigh. Feel so bad. Ugh.

Maybe scared the SE will scratch the car even more? One comprain 3 inch scratch. 2nd comprain 6 inch, etc, etc....lol

why so many people says what SE says is useless, blah blah and nothing one can do about it ?

A salesman is a paid employee of the company, in essence an agent with implied and explicit authority. Verbal agreements are recognised by the law. The only problem is SG sucks totally in consumer protection + most buyers put in the same position would LLST instead of seeking legal recourse. If they kenna a rich fark who has time and money, oh boy ..... popcorn time

Bingo, I'm no rich fark..

I wanted a black carens, so the only choice was a display model at Alexandra. The other colours were ugh. Didnât want to wait further. So SE reserved the one at Alexandra.

Their reservation system is linked. So technically, fulco and Alexandra should work like brothers. Apparently that isnât the case.

I canât imagine what people would do to a âsoldâ car knowing that it will be somebody elseâs one day. I doubt they will be extra careful. Lol.

He finally replied 2 hours after I emailed Cycle and Carriage but 28 hours after I sent the message. lol.

Still chirpy and friendly and polite. Not sure if he knows about this thread. Sigh. Feel so bad. Ugh.

Is your Carens the ex or the SX?

I wanted a black carens, so the only choice was a display model at Alexandra. The other colours were ugh. Didnât want to wait further. So SE reserved the one at Alexandra.

Their reservation system is linked. So technically, fulco and Alexandra should work like brothers. Apparently that isnât the case.

I canât imagine what people would do to a âsoldâ car knowing that it will be somebody elseâs one day. I doubt they will be extra careful. Lol.

Is your Carens the ex or the SX?

Twincharged
(edited)

Unfortunately the salesperson is likely not the boss of the company. He don't make all the decisions. Needless to say he's a small fry. Whatever he had promised you is between he and you. I dunno what exactly his quote is to you but ppl often say the salesperson said this said that but bottom line he's only an employee of the company. He can only do so much. When his boss(not you) say one, he LLST have to follow.

They won't care about what ethics or standards. When they don't even have a display model, how to sell the car?

Must be the salesman promised something but end up boss reject it. Like that the salesman just promised something that can't deliver. I can imagine how it goes.

Salesman: boss, someone buying the display car and I had promised him once Coe is secured, it will not be displayed in the showroom.

Boss: oi, cannot La, still got to have car display in the showroom right? (reject)

Salesman.. Lan Lan subthumb.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

I doubt he should be exposed. He is honestly a nice and friendly person albeit not as prompt/effective as he should be.

I think the real issue here is the "war" between Fulco and Alexandra. That's probably the reason my car is still stuck in the showroom at Alexandra.

Very odd that there is such an issue as they are selling the same cars under the same company Cycle & Carriage. But I can't deny "Human Nature" has a lot to play a part in this.

lol and sigh.

Fulco is wrong to continue to use the car as a showroom unit after it is sold. But the car has been there for months, so what is another 2-3 weeks of abuse? Just make sure they deliver the car in good cosmetic condition, no visible scratches, etc. The rest are covered by warranty. I would nego in good faith for a good polish inside and out. As for the battery, I think they use electricity drawn from the showroom, otherwise it would have "die-ed" long long time ago.

You are forgiving man, i am sure you will be a happy man whatever the outcome. Buying a car should be a happy occasion, don't let all the negative comments here mar your experience.

• Praise 2

Must be the salesman promised something but end up boss reject it. Like that the salesman just promised something that can't deliver. I can imagine how it goes.

Salesman: boss, someone buying the display car and I had promised him once Coe is secured, it will not be displayed in the showroom.

Boss: oi, cannot La, still got to have car display in the showroom right? (reject)

Honestly I don’t mind if he informs me the REAL reason why the car would be registered only 1 month after COE is secured and not the standard 7-10 days period.

And to be fair to me, to compensate me for the delay (i.e. cannot find replacement showroom car), I would have asked for some small and kind compensation. It’s only fair. It’s not that I need the car that urgently.

But sadly I had to find out the truth myself. I had to visit KIA Alexandra to find out my car was still there as a display car. I was kept in the dark all the while like a fool. Imagine the shock I had when I found out I was deceived and lied to.

Only then, I could infer that the delay wasn’t actually that “KIA was flooded with new registrations” but probably “KIA could not find a replacement showroom car for 4 weeks”. And sadly I am the victim here.

I doubt that is fair. And again, I must say again the condition of the car is secondary.

But the trust in Cycle and Carriage was completely lost there! And trust in a business is very precious and important to me. Sigh.

• Praise 4

cannot then should explain to the buyer right i think. buyer kept in the dark is not good

Honestly I don’t mind if he informs me the REAL reason why the car would be registered only 1 month after COE is secured and not the standard 7-10 days period.

And to be fair to me, to compensate me for the delay (i.e. cannot find replacement showroom car), I would have asked for some small and kind compensation. It’s only fair. It’s not that I need the car that urgently.

But sadly I had to find out the truth myself. I had to visit KIA Alexandra to find out my car was still there as a display car. I was kept in the dark all the while like a fool. Imagine the shock I had when I found out I was deceived and lied to.

Only then, I could infer that the delay wasn’t actually that “KIA was flooded with new registrations” but probably “KIA could not find a replacement showroom car for 4 weeks”. And sadly I am the victim here.

I doubt that is fair. And again, I must say again the condition of the car is secondary.

But the trust in Cycle and Carriage was completely lost there! And trust in a business is very precious and important to me. Sigh.

yes at least they should inform u about 1 month delay, give u small compensation or offer return deposit if u dont want the car or give new stock with same price. after all customer service procedure should be practised

• Praise 1

(edited)

Very good Edited by merc280v6
  • Praise 1

Yup. I thought it made a lot of sense earlier. :)

It would be embarassing for everybody. So no point. It's also a small matter anyway.

Anyway Cycle and Carriage tried to contact me. I will give some updates after the call. :)

Sorry to hear about your situation bro, but you have shown yourself to be a real gentleman in terms of resolving the issue. I hope C&C will give you a proper redress for this. 

• Praise 3

Yup. I thought it made a lot of sense earlier. :)

It would be embarassing for everybody. So no point. It's also a small matter anyway.

Anyway Cycle and Carriage tried to contact me. I will give some updates after the call. :)

Still awaiting for your update(s)...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1