10% hike in emissions testing

Sdf4786k

Supersonic

It only takes one Chiew Cheng bus driver and it is the end. If I die, never mind. There is an insurance payout. If you don’t and become a vegetable it’s the worst burden to befall my family. Singapore roads are just not safe enough during peak hours. Everyone is rushing and mistakes happen.

Not to mention those blur or crazy PHV drivers. 

We have a long way to go before we develop a cycling culture like those in some European cities.

Our weather is already not suited in the first place.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I actually agree, generally Singapore roads are not safe for cyclists. There is no bike lane and I have seen drivers squeezing out cyclists to the very edge of the road, i fear for their lives actually.

We have a long way to go before we develop a cycling culture like those in some European cities.

We will never develop a cycling culture like those in European cities. 

That's because we have ppl who says our weather is not suitable, chiew cheng bus drivers & bad drivers etc.

We are "Waiter".  We always wait for infrastructure to be there.

There will never be any cycling lane on our roads other than bus lane.

Nparks will further develop PCN which is not suitable for daily commuting.

If work in downtown, go to Asia Square car park (i think Level 4).  There are a lot of bikes parked there.

Supercharged

Thanks for your reminder.

I was riding to work from 2007 to 2015.

As i said previously, it all boils down to route planning.  I would rather ride further to avoid bz road.

In addition, it is about road presence.  If bus can't sense your presence, of course you will meet chiew cheng bus driver.

If Singapore is not safe, i don't know what road is safe. 

You want to try Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou?

or New York/London?

i have stayed in sha for 3 yrs. although traffic is bad. but somehow the drivers are more compromising. singapore drivers are bad honestly. i guess it is because we are not used to living in harmony with cyclists while other countries/cities the traffic is bad but they are used to with cyclist.

i have stayed in sha for 3 yrs. although traffic is bad. but somehow the drivers are more compromising. singapore drivers are bad honestly. i guess it is because we are not used to living in harmony with cyclists while other countries/cities the traffic is bad but they are used to with cyclist.

I believe it has to do with EGO.

A lot of time, i have seen drivers turning left just cut in front of cyclist without due consideration.  On the other hand, these drivers unlikely will do the same to fellow drivers or king kong lorry.

Supercharged

I believe it has to do with EGO.

A lot of time, i have seen drivers turning left just cut in front of cyclist without due consideration.  On the other hand, these drivers unlikely will do the same to fellow drivers or king kong lorry.

i dont really think is EGO. it is more like culture and how we are explosed since day one. there are bad cyclists too. last time we dont see so many cyclists on road and now plenty and yet the the infrastruture is not fully developed to incorperate the cyclists. wil just take time. driver think he is right but cyclist also think he is right. that is the problem. same as cyclist and pedestrian on pavement concept. cyclist alway think the pedestrian must give way.. keep sounding their bell which is wrong.  

Twincharged

Thanks for your reminder.

I was riding to work from 2007 to 2015.

As i said previously, it all boils down to route planning. I would rather ride further to avoid bz road.

In addition, it is about road presence. If bus can't sense your presence, of course you will meet chiew cheng bus driver.

If Singapore is not safe, i don't know what road is safe.

You want to try Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou?

or New York/London?

I admit I don’t have the guts and determination to ride on our streets in Singapore.

Continue to be safe and look out for yourself. It’s always safer not to challenge another vehicle even if you have right of way. We have too many strong egos like you say and also many blur sotongs

i dont really think is EGO. it is more like culture and how we are explosed since day one. there are bad cyclists too. last time we dont see so many cyclists on road and now plenty and yet the the infrastruture is not fully developed to incorperate the cyclists. wil just take time. driver think he is right but cyclist also think he is right. that is the problem. same as cyclist and pedestrian on pavement concept. cyclist alway think the pedestrian must give way.. keep sounding their bell which is wrong.  

There are more & more bicycle on our road for past 5 - 10 years.

There will never be any dedicated infrastructure for cyclist on road other than bus lane.

On road, there is no right or wrong. 

Rather, what is the safer approach?

I still think it is an EGO thing. 

Cyclist need to give way to motorist.  Pedestrian need to give way to cyclist.

I give way to cyclist when i sense it.  If i hear bell, i will purposely hog pavement.

I admit I don’t have the guts and determination to ride on our streets in Singapore.

Continue to be safe and look out for yourself. It’s always safer not to challenge another vehicle even if you have right of way. We have too many strong egos like you say and also many blur sotongs

By cycling on the road in Singapore, it built up my confidence to cycle in busier roads in Beijing or Shanghai.

As i said in earlier post, there is no right or wrong.  Rather, what is the safer approach?

Supercharged

There are more & more bicycle on our road for past 5 - 10 years.

There will never be any dedicated infrastructure for cyclist on road other than bus lane.

On road, there is no right or wrong. 

Rather, what is the safer approach?

I still think it is an EGO thing. 

Cyclist need to give way to motorist.  Pedestrian need to give way to cyclist.

I give way to cyclist when i sense it.  If i hear bell, i will purposely hog pavement.

no problem we just have different point of view. believing in one's right of way is not EGO to me. dont want lose out is more EGO to me.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

no problem we just have different point of view. believing in one's right of way is not EGO to me. dont want lose out is more EGO to me.

If go to work has to be so troublesome and tiring every, we might as well start looking into the trend of working from home. Save all the time and hassles.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

If go to work has to be so troublesome and tiring every, we might as well start looking into the trend of working from home. Save all the time and hassles.

Quite true but there are ppl who are very passion about work that they are willing to do all these. Like my girl she looks for school every day even sick ..
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Quite true but there are ppl who are very passion about work that they are willing to do all these. Like my girl she looks for school every day even sick ..

Well, working and studying from home certainly can do more for their passion and yet have a balance for their own lives. Time becomes more flexible.

By cycling on the road in Singapore, it built up my confidence to cycle in busier roads in Beijing or Shanghai.

As i said in earlier post, there is no right or wrong.  Rather, what is the safer approach?

Singapore's hot and humid weather not suitable to cycle to work la bro.. Just imagine u arrived in office sweat soaked! No joke man!

• Praise 2

Singapore's hot and humid weather not suitable to cycle to work la bro.. Just imagine u arrived in office sweat soaked! No joke man!

I used to cycle in long sleeve shirt & long pants to work.  My trip takes 30 - 35 mins.

Dry.

Only unfit ppl will says it is tiring.

I used to cycle to work.  6+ i went for 1 hr jog.

After finished my jog, i took a shower in the office.

Work another 1 - 2 hrs before cycle home.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I used to cycle in long sleeve shirt & long pants to work.  My trip takes 30 - 35 mins.

Dry.

Not everyone has the same body as you.

Some people only walked for less than a kilometer, his shirt is already like soaked with water.

Only unfit ppl will says it is tiring.

I used to cycle to work.  6+ i went for 1 hr jog.

After finished my jog, i took a shower in the office.

Work another 1 - 2 hrs before cycle home.

Just because you don't have to send children to school, wife to work, parents elsewhere, travel from east to west to work everyday and have to come to work on time and work OT, doesn't mean other people don't need to. It may not be physically strenuous but it can be mentally tiring.  

Different people lead different lives. 

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 2

Not everyone has the same body as you.

Some people only walked for less than a kilometer, his shirt is already like soaked with water.

Just because you don't have to send children to school, wife to work, parents elsewhere, travel from east to west to work everyday and have to come to work on time and work OT, doesn't mean other people don't need to. It may not be physically strenuous but it can be mentally tiring.

Different people lead different lives.

Since mentally tired, u should shut yourself off from MCF.

Surfing on MCF midnight doesn't help with mentally tired.

As I said previously, it is a matter of lifestyle choice.

Supersonic

Since mentally tired, u should shut yourself off from MCF.

Surfing on MCF midnight doesn't help with mentally tired.

As I said previously, it is a matter of lifestyle choice.

And that is your lifestyle choice. 

No need to brag and look lowly at others. All the replies is about you and you. Do spare a thought that other people are not you, and don't need to be you. 

Other people have their own lifestyles choices. And if your lifestyle doesn't suit the other people, should they blame you for that?

And I come here to de-stress, share things and learn new things from people here. Do you have any problem with that? 

Edited by DACH
↡ Advertisement