Boleh Land Election 2018

Picnic06-Biante15

Nobody likes Ipoh chicken rice? I prefer ipoh one to melaka. But still prefer SG ones, especially Yishun 925 and Army market.

P1240611_800.jpg

I like.

When I go to KL i always eat here.

:D

satellite_chicken_rice_1.jpg

852.jpg

satellite1.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

the spicyness of this old ginger really don't play play

can our 4G leader handle this old ginger huh [sweatdrop]

Old Ginger can cut into 3 pieces

One piece boil and make teh halia

Another make ginger tea

Last one, name of a member in Brit girl group.

He is just raising an old issue to gain leverage over future negotiation on numerous issues with SG, like Trump and his trade war with the Chinese. This is realpolitik.

He sure loves to flip old photos and comment the photographer should have taken it at a better angle.

He did that 20+years ago

Doing it now.....

Old habit hard to change.

• Praise 3

(edited)

IMHO....Our Singapore Chicken Rice still taste better. :D

Even my Malaysian friends say so....

When I am in MY, I say,"Roti Canai tasty, cendol very nice, nasi kandar sedap, Penang Laksa 很好吃!"

In Singapore, I say,"Roti Prata best in SG, Ice Kacang or Chendol very nice, Arab street Nasi Padang Power! Sugnei road Laksa, 太好吃了。

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 3

When I am in MY, I say,"Roti Canai tasty, cendol very nice, nasi kandar sedap, Penang Laksa 很好吃!"

In Singapore, I say,"Roti Prata best in SG, Ice Kacang or Chendol very nice, Arab street Nasi Padang Power! Sugnei road Laksa, 太好吃了。

• Praise 2

talking about chicken rice.none know where about the old chicken rice stall opposite novena church shifted?

Thatz Wee Nam Kee. I ate it since primary school. But stopped eating eversince they started charging gst. Never liked their braised oily chicken.

They are at United Square, level 1. Next to prata shop and korean buffet bbq.

talking about chicken rice.none know where about the old chicken rice stall opposite novena church shifted?

Wee nam kee? They have chains now. Got one in North Point.

Wee nam kee? They have chains now. Got one in North Point.

Use to have one at Marina Square food court, but duno still there or not.

Singpost centre also have WNK.

But not very nice, thereâs other better ones.

I remember their chilli was quite unique last time. But I haven't had it for a long while.

Agree.. used to have one at the food court above I12 Katong......initially started with a large space with it's own designated barricaded area, then downsized to just a stall after giving up the space to a yoga studio. Now the food court is gone, it disappear from Katong area too.

Tried it once, decent food court grade but nothing to shout about.

Singpost centre also have WNK.

But not very nice, there’s other better ones.

Hypersonic

Agree.. used to have one at the food court above I12 Katong......initially started with a large space with it's own designated barricaded area, then downsized to just a stall after giving up the space to a yoga studio. Now the food court is gone, it disappear from Katong area too.

Tried it once, decent food court grade but nothing to :a-bang: about.

The whole food court is gone?!

Wow, I haven't been there for ages.

The food is so-so then the bloody staff there blast their china pop music at the shop forcing customer to listen, make the whole eating experience worst. And it's not those background music hor. Not everyone like their kind of music. 

Supersonic

Tried it once, decent food court grade but nothing to shout about.

Huh!

Food court gone?

I just went there early this year.

• Praise 1

lai liao lai liao   [sweatdrop]

Malaysia finance minister draws flak for defending himself over use of Mandarin
25 Jun 2018 07:57PM (Updated: 25 Jun 2018 11:44PM)

msia-lim-guan-eng.jpg
Malaysian Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng. (File photo: Bernama)

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng has drawn flak on social media for defending his decision to issue an official government statement in Mandarin. 

Malaysia's finance ministry issued a government statement in Malay, English and Mandarin last Thursday (Jun 21), addressing the Tun Razak Exchange (TRX) issue. Malay is the national language of the country and government statements are typically written in the language and/or English. 

Lim was called out by members of the "Friends of BN" Facebook page, who questioned why there was a Chinese version of the statement and whether it was done to help the Chinese media. 

Lim issued a response on Facebook on Sunday, written only in Mandarin and without a translation, in which he cited the Federal Constitution that claims that the use of one's mother tongue is a fundamental right.

“In this constitutional spirit, what is wrong with the distribution of press releases in Chinese or other languages?" he said. 

"The statement(s) of the Finance Minister will continue to be published in BM (Malay) and English, and if necessary, a Mandarin translation will be made available ... I hope that other high-ranking government officials will follow suit," he added.

35026632_2126550454041711_34049186806292

His defence drew flak, including from Khairy Jamaluddin, a presidential candidate for the United Malays National Organisation, and Ameer Ali Mydin, the managing director of popular hypermarket Mydin, for defending his decision to issue the statement in Mandarin. 

Khairy said on Monday that Lim's defence of the Mandarin language in official statements was "unacceptable".

"The finance minister releasing a statement in Mandarin was not only seen as an act to focus only on Mandarin language users but also as an attempt to change the language norm used by the government.

"This is not only a way to challenge those who support the national language of the federal government but also to destroy efforts to unite the nation through the language," he said. 

Ameer Ali's statement, which was posted as a comment on Lim's Facebook post, was acknowledged by more than 3,000 users. 

"All statements, when released in Malaysia, should first be in Bahasa Melayu, then English, then any other language ... If you were in China, at a press conference in China, then release it Mandarin first... I would think this is more logical," Ameer Ali said. 

Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad told a press conference on Monday (Jun 25) that the Mandarin statement was a minor mistake. 

He said it was normal for mistakes to be made by individuals and it was needless to blow up the issue.

“It’s not that we want to advise … he (Lim) made a mistake, it was not deliberate. He can issue statements as usual in his capacity as a minister,” Mahathir said.

Lim later issued a statement stating that the Finance Ministry "always prioritises" the use of the Malay language.

"It is not true that Mandarin has replaced Malay as the official language of the Finance Ministry and this can be proven on the Finance Ministry’s official website. Official statements in Malay will be translated into English for international media’s use and occasionally will be translated to Mandarin if there is a need," he said.

"I do not understand why the translation of an official statement from Malay to English or occasionally to Mandarin can be twisted to state that the Finance Ministry’s official language has been changed to Mandarin."

↡ Advertisement