Boleh Land Election 2018

Picnic06-Biante15

if a pack of economic rice  cost MYR 6-7 plus when a grad pay is the same as that of Singapore's (say 3000), how the people not revolt against their orginal ruling party and vote in 1 which gives lot of promises (just because they think they cannot win)

Let's spare a thought for our fellow human beings in Malaysia. They are not those greedy politicians, but ordinary folks like us trying to earn a decent living.

TO remove subsidiaries is really cruel  when food prices have not go down yet.

No gst? It will be worse. Sales and Service tax will have a much steeper effect. Business owner will increase even more. 

I really hope our friends in Malaysia can do better and get through this tough time. 

Folks over here, appreciate the fact most of us have a roof above us and economic rice available at S$3.50, 2 veg and 1 meat.

Life is tough . hang on.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Cukup makan sudah! Hegehege, isap rokok, sampai masa baleh rumah! [smash]

hahaha......u oso know. But still need to achiege your target 1st....then can hegehege......isap rokok is when oredy at home.....office cannot liao....
  • Praise 1

This attitude and lifestyle is good if everyone can be contented with what they reap. But envy and jealousy of the rewards of those that work harder, always comes into the picture. That's the cause of all the problems.

if one is contented there wont be any envy or jealousy.
  • Praise 1

your best friend ah jib?

He is your fren too?

He has so many frens.

Philip Kee, me and you also?

He is a very popular man, very popular.

:D

He also good fren with Trump.

19492_1510992816.jpg

did i say i dont believe? I said you all can continue........no point arguing.

If Sekinchan and Vietnam can maximize land usage without drop in yield, why can't Kedah?

Currently, Malaysia rice are predominantly import.

That's why Madhatter removes Bernas monopoly.

There are technology that are able to restore land. It has nothing to do with the use of chemical.

You see, one is talking about selling more things, another talking about living more life. Different priorities lah.

It is not selling more things. Rather, maximizing land yield.

Previously, Kedah is Malaysia rice bowl. It is self sufficient.

Now, Malaysia is net importer of rice.

Isn't that a joke? These are the same ppl who complain life is tough with GST.

Edited by Davidtch

If Sekinchan and Vietnam can maximize land usage without drop in yield, why can't Kedah?

Currently, Malaysia rice are predominantly import.

That's why Madhatter removes Bernas monopoly.

There are technology that are able to restore land. It has nothing to do with the use of chemical.

Malaysia imports 25-30% of their rice and trying to be self-sufficient which will mean bad news for Bernas who controls the foreign import market from overseas since they were privatise in the 90s....

Padi and rice production has always been plague by manpower issue...most farmers are of the older gen....usually the 1st born son is left tending to the field alone while the younger siblings goes to work in the cities. Even the smarter younger gen prefer to work in a lab doing research on how to advance and modernise this farms. Have you ever tried talking to older gen on how to change their traditional ways of doing thing...can tell you....good luck.

Its easier for us to say things since we are in the outside.......if i am tge farmer with acres of land, i would just change my crop, 1 plot at a time. Rice farming is labour intensive, sensitive to climate and worst is back-breaking, spending even 1/2 the day under the sun for weeks is surely no fun. Without the subsidies from the gov i might as well convert the land into one farm producing durians and rambutans.....

Malaysia imports 25-30% of their rice and trying to be self-sufficient which will mean bad news for Bernas who controls the foreign import market from overseas since they were privatise in the 90s....

Padi and rice production has always been plague by manpower issue...most farmers are of the older gen....usually the 1st born son is left tending to the field alone while the younger siblings goes to work in the cities. Even the smarter younger gen prefer to work in a lab doing research on how to advance and modernise this farms. Have you ever tried talking to older gen on how to change their traditional ways of doing thing...can tell you....good luck.

Its easier for us to say things since we are in the outside.......if i am tge farmer with acres of land, i would just change my crop, 1 plot at a time. Rice farming is labour intensive, sensitive to climate and worst is back-breaking, spending even 1/2 the day under the sun for weeks is surely no fun. Without the subsidies from the gov i might as well convert the land into one farm producing durians and rambutans.....

Bernas monopoly has been terminated now.

Farming in general has been plague by manpower issue. Rice farming is a cash crop which can be harvest 3 times a year.

Do you know does it take durian to harvest?

Before harvest, it is pure expenses. How are you going to sustain your plantation?

i oredy said 1 plot at a time.......the farmers have acres of land.....they can even start on the fringes of their plantation. But the gov wont want that......thats why the farmers are enticed with subsidies to go on producing rice.

If i am a current rice grower i would do just that........but maybe i will only grow rice for my own use......150 kilo of rice a year and the remaining land would be for durian, rambutan and others.

Actually strictly speaking. 

The most successful farmers in the pre industrialisation world are really the original southern chinese. Cos they understood how to maximise yield/acre.

European wheat farmers didn't understand how to maximise yield as well, even well into the WW2 era.

It took the Americans to start industrialisation of wheat farming to maximise it beyond what the chinese did with their industry and the nature of the staple known as rice.

Farming is a tough life. When the economist studies how the chinese farm vs the europeans farm, u can also say the europeans are lazy ass farmers  [laugh]

Actually strictly speaking.

The most successful farmers in the pre industrialisation world are really the original southern chinese. Cos they understood how to maximise yield/acre.

European wheat farmers didn't understand how to maximise yield as well, even well into the WW2 era.

It took the Americans to start industrialisation of wheat farming to maximise it beyond what the chinese did with their industry and the nature of the staple known as rice.

Farming is a tough life. When the economist studies how the chinese farm vs the europeans farm, u can also say the europeans are lazy ass farmers [laugh]

it has been well-documented that the southern chinese who had fled the Jap occupation were producing good harvest in Indonesia and Malaysia. They had brought the knowledge to the natives who were producing a once in a yr yield to twice. You can see this from watching the durian plantation......last time 1 kampung a few trees later the whole kampung became the plantation....hahaha. Durian harvest was once a yr affair in the 80s but now its throughout the yr with thailand providing the bulk of it. But i still prefer the Malaysian durian especially those from the mountainous region of Perak and Pahang.

their gov going to reduce BRIM and slowly removed Najib' gift to the poor.......rm 1000plus/yr for those family that earn rm3000 a month. My friend also say his MY relative now kpkb.....

Without the brim how are ordinary Malaysians going to survive?

People without an income who lost their jobs recently?

693c779bb87f46dc8d32f55ea5c519bf_18.jpg

BRIM is a handout just like our gst refund.......survive they will dont you worry. Will Mahathir do away with the rm 1.0 for outpatient treatment in goverment runned polyclinics and hospitals......this wan is also a money draining policy.

Actually najib is right, implementing GST should be easier and more transparent than SST. Well ... appearances do matter.

Malaysian voted for SST, they better dont make noise
  • Praise 1

BRIM is a handout just like our gst refund.......survive they will dont you worry. Will Mahathir do away with the rm 1.0 for outpatient treatment in goverment runned polyclinics and hospitals......this wan is also a money draining policy.

Malaysian voted for SST, they better dont make noise

its a culture in this region lar.....go thailand, go phillipines, go indonesia......all the same! The agragrian society is like that for hundred if not thousands of yrs. Most of these farmers and fisherman works during harvest and when one finished harvesting all the guys will just laze around waiting for the next planting season. Little wonder they are happy to get handouts, i would. You oredy say 'especially' in the rural areas. What can you do there? Start own business....lol. Now is July, harvest just finished.......unless you can provide them rain.....they will have to wait for the heavens to open.......planting crops in the dry farm is really stupid right. Thailand worse.....the guys got nothing to do, drink and get drunk while the wife works.

Who are we to say they are lazy? Its a different environment......dont compare to Singapore.

Not truth!!!

My maid from Myanmar, consider this region? 

She sent money back early this year to buy a pc of land for rice farming, when she went back for holiday this year she took videos and showed me.  After that her family sent her videos of how they prepare the land for farming. 

she told me rice takes only 4 months to harvest, but for a start they can harvest 2 times a year on that pc of land. After each harvest they actually use a bull to prepare the land for next farming, there is actually no down time at all.

And their rice field is very near to the stream ( I think most rice fields are), with stream water running through the field. They use the water for farming, and started farming in June. 

So i dont think is so much of waiting for heaven to open up, if it is then Nov/dec also no need farm liao with the heavy rain. 

Stupid or lazy, depends lor.. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Not truth!!!

My maid from Myanmar, consider this region?

She sent money back early this year to buy a pc of land for rice farming, when she went back for holiday this year she took videos and showed me. After that her family sent her videos of how they prepare the land for farming.

she told me rice takes only 4 months to harvest, but for a start they can harvest 2 times a year on that pc of land. After each harvest they actually use a bull to prepare the land for next farming, there is actually no down time at all.

And their rice field is very near to the stream ( I think most rice fields are), with stream water running through the field. They use the water for farming, and started farming in June.

So i dont think is so much of waiting for heaven to open up, if it is then Nov/dec also no need farm liao with the heavy rain.

Stupid or lazy, depends lor.. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

maybe both...
↡ Advertisement