Thinking of selling my 4 years old Audi Q3 but....

beninsing

I think he should try to sell this 5 years old Q3 by himself first to understand how long it takes to find a buyer. It will be a pain and running cost to used-car dealer if this car takes many months to sell. Unavoidable some wear-and-tear parts may need replacement and paint touch up, all these are costs. I guess the used-car dealer also need to reserve a figure, in case of lemon law thing happens.

Want to sell used Q3 must wait long long one lah.

2019 got TC altima? Not that i'm aware of.

The 2019 mz6 will have 2.5L turbo from the cx-9. But other than the current accord, the japs aren't really going TC. 

The toyota camry hybrid just got good reviews. Handles likes a previous gen accord which is mine but have good acceleration due to hybrid and excellent FC, a new standard in executive sedan  [thumbsup]

My COE 75k. i went kah motor and basically kana low balled at 4-5k above scrap value.  

@columbian78, the i30 should be up your alley.

curious whats the rationale for cutloss? i guess they can sell u a new vehicle, and you can get a new car for same depr or installment?

so what gives?

curious whats the rationale for cutloss? i guess they can sell u a new vehicle, and you can get a new car for same depr or installment?

so what gives?

you get COE for another 3 years, so your new car will look good on depreciation etc lor.

37-38k COE vs 70+k COE then.

But actually u lose big big on your existing car lor. SInce u have to take the 1st owner additional depreciation + right now the 2nd hand dealers don't really want very high COE cars cos it's hard to move to potential buyers also.

Not to mention obvious margins earned by the dealer each time

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This is many of my points written in the other threads. You thot of buying a car which you think it is low in depreciation. End up when you wanna sell, the depreciation is much higher than you expected.

Before buying a car, the idea is to ensure you love the overall and would like to keep it a long time. Especially such high COE will suffer. So end of the day, there will be no other choice, sell it yourself and take trouble to do those transfer to reduce losses or keep it all the way till you scrap.

The damage is already done when you sign on the sales agreement Bros, keep a positive mind and let it go at acceptable timing or losses.

• Praise 3

Car prices were high in April 2017 compared to now. It seems car dealers have given you realistic figures because used car price follow current COE

April 2017 CAT B COE - $54,405.00

April 2017 CAT B COE - $37,605.00

COE Trend: Downwards 

The difference is $16800 which is significant enough to bring down used car value sharply.You ask yourself why you wish to change car now, maybe because you see better deals in the market now due to lower COE hence depreciation is low for new cars. so simple rule apply here If you buy cheap today then have to sell also cheap today considering all other factors remain same except COE.

If you intend to sell then do it yourself and keep your asking price 4-5K lower than dealers for same Model and year. It will take some time to get a genuine buyer who can get loan also from banks.This is important because used car dealers can sell with different finance schemes which banks do not offer hence they somehow sell high-end Car Models to buyers who do not get loans easily from banks.

• Praise 3

I think it's unrealistic to try to sell based on the price that you have bought the car a year ago.

The used car value is always based on the parf + depreciated coe. That is what any dealer will offer you.

Ppl tend to say dealer low ball you whatever, No, they are quoting you the paper value, nothing more nothing less.

Of course when they sell they will mark up becoz they are running a business not a charity.

If you do not want to go thru a dealer the best is you do the selling on your own. You learn to do the paperwork. No free option.

It's the same. If you try selling it on your own ppl will low ball you too. These ppl will likely know how to calculate the paper value and offer only a bit more dan paper. They couldn't care less how much you bought it a year ago.

The car is already 5years old. Major parts will need replacements. And Audi parts are famous for costing a bomb.

Your call. I'm sure you will be able to see and compare.

Thanks for the advice! Will use the tips to lowball the 2nd hand Stinger next time... Lol
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Supersonic

U deserve it

U don’t know some owners are sensitive souls

Cannot make fun of the car it’s cyber bullying

Didn’t know u bought Audi

I'm thinking of selling it around 82-83k (29/11/2012).

;)

You will need lots of luck and a direct buyer who is not familiar to buy your Q3 at your asking price.

For the past 2 mths after scrapping my 10yrs old C180 in Feb'18, I am actively looking for a preowned Audi A6 or Q5. Just yesterday, a Jan'13 registered A6 with 74k mileage, 1 owner car with COE $96k paid and OMV $44k asking for $89k, was sold for $84k. I would have gotten this car deal at $84k on condition paid in cash and transfer at LTA today. Car was sold to a dealer as I need a bank loan. Still waiting for the next good deal to come by.

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=713864

Edited by Amazon777

Supersonic

Dealers ?

They will only buy the car, any car, at scrap value + some $.

It's a business and risks to them.

They don't care what you think your car is worth or the market price.

As a guide, need to see what is the depreciation of a new car(of same model) and price it slightly lower to see if you can sell it off.

Does not make sense for buyers to look for old car with higher depreciation of a new car.

• Praise 1

Your car is rare item to be honest.

Sleeper in fact, if done up properly.

Yes, just shown few weeks ago but not selling yet. I think might be an american market only. Its the new 2 litre variable comp turbo, same as in the infiniti qx50. If u google 2019 altima can find it easily. Looks good to me.
Now mazda6 accord and altima all turbo liao but not sure these will be made available here, also depends on the new taxes.

You mean i30N? I family man and prefer sedans. If not will be estate or even suv. My existing car hard to replace without spending a huge bomb.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1