• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

Tzc
  • Premium member
    Tzc
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I just changed the tires few days ago , since they having a sale  fast hand and legs got it installed  ( my review since many donkey years back) 

it's quiet compare to my old p zero , prolly sidewall is bit softer vs  italian , but comfort wise is not bad, grip is good and no screeching sound when corner hard  .

so far that's all i found out.       

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I just changed the tires few days ago , since they having a sale  fast hand and legs got it installed  ( my review since many donkey years back) 

it's quiet compare to my old p zero , prolly sidewall is bit softer vs  italian , but comfort wise is not bad, grip is good and no screeching sound when corner hard  .

This taya has rim protector?

Newbie26 praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

Tzc
  • Premium member
    Tzc
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

This taya has rim protector?

No it doesn't has rim protector.. from i see it.

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No it doesn't has rim protector.. from i see it.

Thanks for the feedback

Mercs, Newbie26, Uncle2, FourZero and Angcheek praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Eyeing on this for quite a while as it is made in Jap.

But somehow chose the white fat man. Should have try this dunlop instead.
Newbie26 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Eyeing on this for quite a while as it is made in Jap.

But somehow chose the white fat man. Should have try this dunlop instead.

Michelin is still better guarantee of performance.... but usually dunlop will be much cheaper.

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Michelin is still better guarantee of performance.... but usually dunlop will be much cheaper.

Hence my choice then.

Given the chance again, I would do other wise.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i on PS4, OC on dunlop sportsmaxx 050+

if i know she gonna renew the car COE i would have got her michelin tyres too... 

having driven both cars, the PS4 gives more confidence

Columbian78 praised this
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:39 PM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

was keen on this tire as i wanted to try lesser known brands compared to the mic ps4.

but no stock for the size i wanted when i checked 3 months ago.

next time, will definitely try this tire

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The Maxx 050+ is a quite lot cheaper than comparable UHPs. Curious abt FR. But like cannot find much leh

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:37 AM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Can you share where you buy this?

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

The Maxx 050+ is a quite lot cheaper than comparable UHPs. Curious abt FR. But like cannot find much leh

i was quoted 200 for my size, something similar from conti or mic will cost at least 40 more

its made in japan, at least some kind of assurance. i will surely try it next time

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Tzc
  • Premium member
    Tzc
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Can you share where you buy this?

i bought it from arrow tyres  [smash]   

i was quoted 200 for my size, something similar from conti or mic will cost at least 40 more

its made in japan, at least some kind of assurance. i will surely try it next time

so far so good..yup it's from japan.. made by sumitomo   

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

arrow tyre is very competitive. i believe you got a good price. it is raining now, how is it in the wet?

i bought it from arrow tyres  [smash]   

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

Tzc
  • Premium member
    Tzc
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

arrow tyre is very competitive. i believe you got a good price. it is raining now, how is it in the wet?

during wet days is fine at 34psi  , no hydro planning effect .

yes the price was really good  [smash]  im on 18 inch.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:20 PM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

whats your previous tyre and how is noise and comfort compare to that?

during wet days is fine at 34psi  , no hydro planning effect .

yes the price was really good  [smash]  im on 18 inch.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

Cypher
  • Premium member
    Cypher
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i bought it from arrow tyres [smash]

Just wondering, Falken tyres are from Sumitomo? Remembered seeing this from ST brochure some time back..
I'm a healthy student.

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yep, Falken owned by Sumitomo.

In the past, Falkens were noisy n stayed away. Dunno if improved.

My last Dunlop was the Direzza 101. It was crap.

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

myon07
  • Premium member
    myon07
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I got these at the recent Dunlop promo. Paid around $170 per pc at CJ for 235/40 R18.
My immediate prev tyres were Pirelli PZ4 and Bridgestone RE003, both i used for around 30k km. These 3 tyres are similar in noise and comfort, all very good. Car is a Subaru 2.5T.
Between these 3, the best lux sports tyre ime is the Pirelli. Straight line stability at 230 and braking were confidence inspiring. PZ4 is quieter and ride quality was very good from new to end. Low speed grip is very good too, example going down basement cp on a rainy day.

The Dunlop has *much* better steering turn in but feels less locked in when straight (160 onwards). Very fun to toss around lol. It squeals easily even with my car power and has the most lively rear end compared to the rest. This Could be viewed as a good feedback characteristic for some Drivers, whereas PZ4 is more sudden when losing it. RE003 has the hardest sidewall among these 3, but grip and braking imo are just behind them. Steering and feedback during cornering is not bad tho.

Enjoy lol
Columbian78 and Tzc praised this

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:26 PM

WarrN
  • WarrN
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yep, Falken owned by Sumitomo.

In the past, Falkens were noisy n stayed away. Dunno if improved.

My last Dunlop was the Direzza 101. It was crap.

[thumbsup]  100% agree

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: subaru , popular , dunlop , sport , maxx , reviews ...

Tags: subaru, popular, dunlop, sport and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users