Just bought Volvo S40 n looking to mod it

Ogglol

Neutral Newbie

So I just bought a car, a volvo s40 from 97. super good shape for the age. like only 8k miles on it. And I want to like style it abit. I try to search on google and other sites to find something good. but Its so hard for me, to really find some mods and/or styling to it. I was wondering if there is anyone that would love to help me out abit. want to like change exhaust so it sounds more aggressiv. its a very good car and I will have it for a while so why not make it cooler/better. :)

Anton.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You got a 1997 Volvo S40?

Wow... This is classic.

Volvo-S40-T4-1997-sedan-2.jpg

I do. a old man had it for 17 years and only drove 3000km every year. he even cleaned the engine by hand. so it was freaking spotless when I bought it. But I want to like make it look more sportish if you understand me. Cus it looks you know "old" :)

If turbo very easy to chip up....

What you mean?

Supercharged

Mr Anton,

You may want to look for the Volvo community (online or offline) in your country, they will be in better position to recommend workshops, sources of parts and more relevant mods and improvements for your car.

Or pole star blue  [thumbsup]

:D

Some nice aggressive rims and 2 twin exhaust.

Still not aggressive enough?

Front bonnet scoop and wide wheel arches

and boot spoiler.

[thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

So I few weeks ago I bought new wheels. I think they look pretty neat :>.. Now I just need some other awesome stuff. but only the wheels made it look like a totally different car!

post-210816-0-43567400-1528101148_thumb.jpg

Better think and rethink before buying...

Speaking as a Volvo user, a S60, the car has been extremely unreliable. Nightmare driving it.

My car in the 4th year, had a major engine breakdown and needed replacement. Before that, there are oil leaks, and changes of gaskets etc.

After the engine was replaced, immediately, the clutch totally failed and needed total replacement.

And shortly after, the gearbox failed and needed total replacement, all within a short 1.5 years!

Basically that, I went back for numerous times of Oil Leaks from the engine, from the Clutch, and change of Engine Mount. It was a nightmare.

And its totally painful liaising with Volvo Workshop on all these.

I do. a old man had it for 17 years and only drove 3000km every year. he even cleaned the engine by hand. so it was freaking spotless when I bought it. But I want to like make it look more sportish if you understand me. Cus it looks you know "old" :)

What you mean?

Google “chipping for Volvo turbo cars”. Audi has ABT, MTM, APR etc. Not sure about Volvo though.

Better think and rethink before buying...

Speaking as a Volvo user, a S60, the car has been extremely unreliable. Nightmare driving it.

My car in the 4th year, had a major engine breakdown and needed replacement. Before that, there are oil leaks, and changes of gaskets etc.

After the engine was replaced, immediately, the clutch totally failed and needed total replacement.

And shortly after, the gearbox failed and needed total replacement, all within a short 1.5 years!

Basically that, I went back for numerous times of Oil Leaks from the engine, from the Clutch, and change of Engine Mount. It was a nightmare.

And its totally painful liaising with Volvo Workshop on all these.

really that bad? yours is t2 or t4? what was the problem with the engine?

wife boug a t2 for son to drive to school on last jul, so far so good.

↡ Advertisement