SLT6883G - Time for you to get Famous

Thaiyotakamli

KNN, this type of pattern looks like someone who goes to massage salon find those china or viet gals. Cheat old uncle money to give to those charbohs.

No money pump petrol don't drive la. I am sure this is not the first time he's trying it, just that this time got a good person do this. 

Ermmm.. I think I might have a clue who he is.. His back view seems all so familiar and his fb account was just deactivated. I checked last night and it was still up and running..

• Praise 1

Ermmm.. I think I might have a clue who he is.. His back view seems all so familiar and his fb account was just deactivated. I checked last night and it was still up and running..

Share with EDMW.. let justice prevails
  • Praise 1

Someone we know?
  • Praise 1

Poor uncle

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1746836525374114&id=106857912705325

Dear Caltex,

I earlier witnessed an incident at Caltex Tampines Ave 8 @2pm on 14 April and it filled me with such indignation that it prompted me to write this to you, hoping that you could help alleviate the financial obligation of your employee and implement appropriate measures to handle the incident as follows.

While processing payment at the Cashier counter, the customer (picture uploaded herewith) and driver of BMW vehicle SLT6883G, claimed that your pump attendant had mistakenly refilled a full tank of petrol costing about $135 for his vehicle instead of the $10 petrol that he had instructed. He refused to pay the full amount and insisted to pay only $10 for the full tank.

The pump attendant probably in his early 60s, was subsequently summoned to the Cashier counter to verify. He explained that he had heard that it was a full tank refill but the customer immediately rebutted it. What happened next astonished me. Instead of creating a scene by engaging in an argument with the customer, the elderly pump attendant calmly informed the Cashier to let the customer pay $10 and he would personally absorb the rest of the cost. As a result, the customer walked away smugly paying a mere $10 payment for a full tank of petrol for his BMW Series 5 vehicle.

Whilst I was impressed with the collected composure and professional customer service that both your Cashier and pump attendant had displayed throughout the incident, I am deeply disturbed that the customer had capitalized on the opportunity to make the elderly pump attendant pay for the supposedly oversight. The customer could have responded gentlemanly and be gracious to forgive by paying for the petrol since his vehicle would need to consume it anyway. Alternatively, he could have paid for a partial amount instead of making the elderly pump attendant bear the full $125. Unfortunately, this was not so.

I have done some online research and noticed that the remuneration of a pump attendant averages about $1600/mth in Singapore. $125 means a significant 8% of his meagre salary. Would Caltex consider waiving this amount or allowing the pump attendant to pay at cost?

Also, assuming it was entirely the pump attendantâs oversight, under such circumstances, perhaps the Cashier could have proposed to the customer to pay for a partial amount instead of allowing the elderly pump attendant bear full monetary responsibility?

Alternatively, for proof of evidence, perhaps Caltex can install CCTVs equipped with audio recording of driversâ instructions to the pump attendants at each pump? What are Caltexâs existing guidelines and policies to handle such situation? I am concerned that if no effective standard operating systems are defined, such practices of having pump attendants to bear the price discrepancies can lead to abuse. Imagine if one uses this approach on each petrol station in Singapore every few days, it is tantamount to one walking away striking lottery frequently and the accumulated value will be very substantial!

When I first read about this, for a moment I wonder if it is fake news,and if an innocent person is going to be victimized. However I prefer to think that it's penned by someone genuinely concerned for the well being of the elderly pump attendant.

I believe there are many cases of non-payment, just yesterday I drove past a petrol stn and there was a SPF signboard outside stating '14 cases of non-payment'.

My own experience working in caltex as cashier 2 decades ago while waiting for A level results release definitely made me tend to believe in the account. Drivers who drove off without paying tend to be those driving luxury cars, and the bills weren't cheap. Cannot remember how the mgt dealt with it already, I only know cashiers were not held responsible. Once, someone pumped and drove off without paying, not long after he returned to pay, apologized and said he forgot, could see that it was a genuine oversight. Apart from that guy, I don't remember others coming back to pay.

That time, there was a promotion, for every $30 petrol pumped, can get a 1.5l bottle of coke. We encountered customers who were unhappy because they didn't get to choose other soft drinks, who couldn't get another bottle because their car tanks couldn't take in another $1-2 worth of petrol, they held up the line to argue with us etc when the bosses (it was a franchise petrol stn) were not in. No offence to luxury car owners, these kinds of customers usually pump petrol for luxury cars. Of course most customers,including most luxury car owners, are understanding and easy-going. It's really a handful who gave us a hard time. Now that I'm a driver myself I still don't understand why those customers want to argue with cashiers over soft drinks.

Another kind of customers I couldn't stand was those who threw their credit cards onto the counter when making payment, instead of handing their cards to us nicely. Of course there arent many of them but still enough to make an impression. After processing payment, I would simply place their credit cards on the counter too, let them take it from the counter themselves. Some of them got the hint, they looked embarrassed when they retrieve their cards from the counter.

• Praise 15

Yr friend?

Share with EDMW.. let justice prevails

I cannot confirm its him so I better dont speculate. Trying to contact him now to ask..

Someone we know?

Nope..

Yr friend?

Acquaintance. Not friend.

Pls allow me to ask first.It may not be him afterall.

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 2

HWZ EDMW has found out where he parks his car as it has season parking.

BLK 865/874A TAMPINES ST 83/84

I cannot confirm its him so I better dont speculate. Trying to contact him now to ask..

Nope..

Acquaintance. Not friend.

Better tell him to come back to caltex and make an unreserved apology and full payment. The fact he made off with $125 worth of petrol which he didn't have to pay. The intention was clear. If he is so uptight, he should say I only asked for $10, please use a siphon to extract out the $125 worth of petrol.

He can run but he cannot hide. Caltex tampines cctv aplenty.

For sure, his neighbors, friends, colleagues and etc etc will know him.

Very soon cctv images and screen capture will be out.

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 2

His modus operandi is say âfuel tenâ which sounds like full tank

Nbz

From fb and EDMW

Originally Posted by ktyandkyc:

lol saw on fb someone say met this guy b4. that a$$ will say "fuel ten" which sounds like "full tank" and choose the moment when manager is not around.

• Praise 1

HWZ EDMW has found out where he parks his car as it has season parking.

BLK 865/874A TAMPINES ST 83/84

Better tell him to come back to caltex and make an unreserved apology and full payment. The fact he made off with $125 worth of petrol which he didn't have to pay. The intention was clear.

He can run but he cannot hide. Caltex tampines cctv aplenty.

post-35926-0-11588300-1523773209.png

• Praise 1

From fb and EDMW

Originally Posted by ktyandkyc:

lol saw on fb someone say met this guy b4. that a$$ will say "fuel ten" which sounds like "full tank" and choose the moment when manager is not around.

KNN FUEL TEN! Stupid idiot.