SLT6883G - Time for you to get Famous

Thaiyotakamli

On CNA liao...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/caltex-investigating-incident-involving-pump-attendant-driver-at-10140024

SINGAPORE: Chevron Singapore, the company that markets the Caltex brand here, said on Sunday (Apr 15) it was investigating an incident at one of its petrol stations in Tampines, after an account of it went viral on Facebook. 

The post, which was credited to a Ms Kelly Yeo, detailed how a customer had refused to pay S$135 for his petrol at the Caltex station in Tampines Avenue 8, because he said he had only requested S$10 worth. 

The attendant who conducted the petrol refill was summoned. 

"He explained that he had heard that it was a full tank refill but the customer immediately rebutted it," said Ms Yeo in the account, which was shared more than 3,000 times.

"What happened next astonished me. Instead of creating a scene by engaging in an argument with the customer, the elderly pump attendant calmly informed the cashier to let the customer pay S$10 and he would personally absorb the rest of the cost. 

"As a result, the customer walked away smugly paying a mere S$10 payment for a full tank of petrol for his BMW Series 5 vehicle," she added. 

Many slammed the customer in the comments section of the post, with some volunteering to pay the S$125 on behalf of the elderly worker. 

"Caltex, if this is true, contact me please. I'll pay whatever the attendant paid," said one. 

"Dear Caltex, I will pay on uncle's behalf. It's okay to show some humanity towards elderly people. He might be working at this age to feed his family," said another.

On Sunday afternoon, a Chevron spokesperson said the station's manager as well as the rest of the management team were looking into the incident. They also assured that the pump attendant "did not bear any financial obligation" from Saturday's events. 

Caltex Singapore also took to Facebook to thank online users for their "kindness and concern", saying it was "heartened by the solidarity and care" shown towards the team in Tampines. 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/caltex-investigating-incident-involving-pump-attendant-driver-at-10140024

Driving the car doesn't mean must be the owner. Could be just a rental car. Pump $10 worth of petrol dan return to leasing company.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

His modus operandi is say âfuel tenâ which sounds like full tank

Nbz

Any idea he pump ron 95 or 98?

But from the pricing it seems like 98. Kns pump $10 for 98

On CNA liao...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/caltex-investigating-incident-involving-pump-attendant-driver-at-10140024

Driving the car doesn't mean must be the owner. Could be just a rental car. Pump $10 worth of petrol dan return to leasing company.

I got do that last time i would stay beside car ensure i really pump what i want. I too ever pump $20 to return a rental car (got the car with a quarter bar so return it to same level).

Thinking back just a few months back, ever encountered a bizarre case when I just stop over a petrol kiosk to buy some drinks / snacks. No petrol of course. When making payment, I told the cashier I didn't pump any petrol. But apparently, some cheapskate ran off without paying, and I told the cashier to look at CCTV as I am not the driver who took off with free petrol. There are really such people around in Singapore. So much for being a gracious society. I think Malaysia system is better also, though it is troublesome to be honest.

• Praise 1

Thinking back just a few months back, ever encountered a bizarre case when I just stop over a petrol kiosk to buy some drinks / snacks. No petrol of course. When making payment, I told the cashier I didn't pump any petrol. But apparently, some cheapskate ran off without paying, and I told the cashier to look at CCTV as I am not the driver who took off with free petrol. There are really such people around in Singapore. So much for being a gracious society. I think Malaysia system is better also, though it is troublesome to be honest.

Aiya, not just petrol. There are many ppl who take off w/o paying. Like taxi fare and what's not. How many can ppl shame? No end wan lah.

IMO it's up to the companies to do something to prevent this from happening and help protect their employees.

Edited by Watwheels

Hypersonic

https://www.facebook.com/Roads.sg/photos/a.861427330556338.1073741829.701306079901798/1904757219556672/?type=3&theater

post-75225-0-51329300-1523780442_thumb.jpg

Dear Caltex,

I earlier witnessed an incident at Caltex Tampines Ave 8 @2pm on 14 April and it filled me with such indignation that it prompted me to write this to you, hoping that you could help alleviate the financial obligation of your employee and implement appropriate measures to handle the incident as follows.

While processing payment at the Cashier counter, the customer (picture uploaded herewith) and driver of BMW vehicle SLT6883G, claimed that your pump attendant had mistakenly refilled a full tank of petrol costing about $135 for his vehicle instead of the $10 petrol that he had instructed. He refused to pay the full amount and insisted to pay only $10 for the full tank.

The pump attendant probably in his early 60s, was subsequently summoned to the Cashier counter to verify. He explained that he had heard that it was a full tank refill but the customer immediately rebutted it. What happened next astonished me. Instead of creating a scene by engaging in an argument with the customer, the elderly pump attendant calmly informed the Cashier to let the customer pay $10 and he would personally absorb the rest of the cost. As a result, the customer walked away smugly paying a mere $10 payment for a full tank of petrol for his BMW Series 5 vehicle.

Whilst I was impressed with the collected composure and professional customer service that both your Cashier and pump attendant had displayed throughout the incident, I am deeply disturbed that the customer had capitalized on the opportunity to make the elderly pump attendant pay for the supposedly oversight. The customer could have responded gentlemanly and be gracious to forgive by paying for the petrol since his vehicle would need to consume it anyway. Alternatively, he could have paid for a partial amount instead of making the elderly pump attendant bear the full $125. Unfortunately, this was not so.

I have done some online research and noticed that the remuneration of a pump attendant averages about $1600/mth in Singapore. $125 means a significant 8% of his meagre salary. Would Caltex consider waiving this amount or allowing the pump attendant to pay at cost?

Also, assuming it was entirely the pump attendant’s oversight, under such circumstances, perhaps the Cashier could have proposed to the customer to pay for a partial amount instead of allowing the elderly pump attendant bear full monetary responsibility?

Alternatively, for proof of evidence, perhaps Caltex can install CCTVs equipped with audio recording of drivers’ instructions to the pump attendants at each pump? What are Caltex’s existing guidelines and policies to handle such situation? I am concerned that if no effective standard operating systems are defined, such practices of having pump attendants to bear the price discrepancies can lead to abuse. Imagine if one uses this approach on each petrol station in Singapore every few days, it is tantamount to one walking away striking lottery frequently and the accumulated value will be very substantial!

Credit: Ms Kelly Yeo. https://bit.ly/2HmRtFg
  • Praise 30
  • Dislike 1

fck the bimmer ... [mad]

smlj 5-series pump $10 petrol?

if the tank can take in $135 petrol ... means the tank pretty much empty or below 1/4 tank liao

wish to pump $10 nia? what-the-fck ...?

mod please merge with the other thread

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2687282-petrol-attendant-pump-wrong-petrol/page-16?do=findComment&comment=6393474

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

It's very heartening to see netizens offering to pay for the pump attendant and chastising that scum with both barrels.

Make my Sunday really. This world is a beautiful place.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

more than 7 pages on this liow at the other thread ....

I know... but he deserves a thread on his own. Next time just search his number can find already

Maybe he can sell off his bm cheap cheap then next owner can pump fuel ten every time.... sorry sorry...I mean full tank every time.

Anyway, pump petrol pump until can kana newspaper and forums, its really very very jin xia sway....

Edited by WangWang888

I know... but he deserves a thread on his own. Next time just search his number can find already

He might be selling off this car very soon at the rate this goes on.. Maybe next week will see it in the 2nd hand market liao.. Hahaha.. Still don't repent and hide in his hole.. If he really thinks he did nothing wrong, come out and clarify la..
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

He might be selling off this car very soon at the rate this goes on.. Maybe next week will see it in the 2nd hand market liao.. Hahaha.. Still don't repent and hide in his hole.. If he really thinks he did nothing wrong, come out and clarify la..

Cheapskates like him don’t have money to change car
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2