Missing White Volvo XC90 SLR426T

MissingCar

6months has passed already. Obviously there's no urgency. If you lost your car would you have waited 6months to come here and post "Oh, I have lost my car. Help."?

Don't waste your time.

Last time my bil lost his civic type r overnight at his hdb car park, the insurance company paid him about 6 months after he reported lost.  I think he had continued to pay instalment for the 6 months before the payout.  I feel that something could be done by LA to hinder stolen cars from being easily driven to Malaysia.  Maybe like linking the IVU to the owners' passport (and assigned driver's).  SO when cross the custom, if they don't match means it is stolen. 

Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement

Last time my bil lost his civic type r overnight at his hdb car park, the insurance company paid him about 6 months after he reported lost.  I think he had continued to pay instalment for the 6 months before the payout.  I feel that something could be done by LA to hinder stolen cars from being easily driven to Malaysia.  Maybe like linking the IVU to the owners' passport (and assigned driver's).  SO when cross the custom, if they don't match means it is stolen. 

you think the kastam not jam enough issit?   [mad]  [mad]

Edited by Jman888

How much resources the authorities have to fork out to do this?

Mlmlwm.

How much resources the authorities have to fork out to do this?

Mlmlwm.

Given the technology nowadays and IoT and Smart City initiatives and what not, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement what.  Every car owner just go online to register the authorized drivers for his car, then the data will be saved into a database.  At the custom, the IVU is automatically detected, and the IVU number can be matched to the database's names.  If it doesn't match then it means the driver is not an authorized driver and the car may be stolen, then gantry will not open.  I don't think this is too costly or difficult to implement at all.

Btw, I was in the team that developed the current custom passport clearing system many years ago .. and these days, I am teaching IoT..

Edited by Ingenius

Given the technology nowadays and IoT and Smart City initiatives and what not, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement what.  Every car owner just go online to register the authorized drivers for his car, then the data will be saved into a database.  At the custom, the IVU is automatically detected, and the IVU number can be matched to the database's names.  If it doesn't match then it means the driver is not an authorized driver and the car may be stolen, then gantry will not open.  I don't think this is too costly or difficult to implement at all.

Btw, I was in the team that developed the current custom passport clearing system many years ago .. and these days, I am teaching IoT..

When it comes to implementing technology it's not going to be be cheap. If you want something in Singapore you gotto pay for it. No free lunch.

hi all

also looking for a car.....suspect to be BMW

what series....not sure

what model......not sure

what number plate...not sure

what colour.......not sure

last seen in my huat mileage driven by a hantu

post-131345-0-98555200-1524045040.jpeg

• Praise 2

Change to bmw then can see liddis

attachicon.gif1B6B6239-F145-4F2C-B8CF-BD73E8F94EA2.jpeg

Haaaaaa kns

Connected Drive...Niceeeeeee

hi all

also looking for a car.....suspect to be BMW

what series....not sure

what model......not sure

what number plate...not sure

what colour.......not sure

last seen in my huat mileage driven by a hantu

• Praise 1

LTA lor. See if there is any activity on pass ERP / any caprpark gantry. Remember there is car IU? Check one motoring if thre is any summon then u wil know

If authority wan to help there is a way lor, even they change the car plate. no.

u write to LTA see what they said

Any idea where can find by IU unit?

I saw one at CTE towards SLE following a white Lexus turning out to AMK AVE 3 or 5?

But have traffic police at at the side of the Lexus. Got S60 at the front also. But I can't see the registration plate properly.

Think call the TP, maybe they will know.

• Praise 4

Your BIL should stop paying the installments. And the bank will send repo man like TS to look for the car. 

↡ Advertisement