Audi UTR front/rear camera

Midorima

Been having this issue with the cam. At times, the recording isn't continuous! I'm not talking about the recording when the car is parked; it's when the car is in motion. Is there any configuration I need to make or is this 'normal'? For example, recently, I was driving and stopped at the traffic light junction, waiting to turn right. The lights then changed with the right-turn green arrow showing. When I was about to drive on, a car (lady driver) beat the red light and sped past the junction at high speed. I thought I could get the footage to have it sent to TP, only to realize that portion of it was not recorded!

The video footages showed the 2 mins I was waiting at the junction and subsequently of me having turned right and driving straight on the road. There was a missing gap of that 20-30 secs footage unrecorded (where it was when the lady driver beat the red light).

The above was not the first incident when there was missing gap in the recording. I have even taken out the SD card to try and retrieve the missing footages in my laptop but to no avail.

Is there a problem?

what was the time lapsed from the incident to your first attempt to download? 

↡ Advertisement

A day, about 9-10 hours, later.

It could be due to recycling of sd card space. I think utr will only retain video files that are marked with event, those not marked will be recycle when space is required for new recording.

It could be due to recycling of sd card space. I think utr will only retain video files that are marked with event, those not marked will be recycle when space is required for new recording.

Oh? But there were prior recordings where even within a few hours, some of them went missing, or not even recorded:(

If this is the case, it will mean I'm at mercy of the car cam when it decides to record and when it decides not to record?!

I have check the car cam video, the first two to three days, most of the front view footage is recorded. Those past the fourth or fifth day, some of the video clips is gone.

I realized when I access the SD card on the computer, I cannot find the rear camera video clips. 

I have check the car cam video, the first two to three days, most of the front view footage is recorded. Those past the fourth or fifth day, some of the video clips is gone.

I realized when I access the SD card on the computer, I cannot find the rear camera video clips. 

rear recording is together with the front recording in the same clip.

use VLC media player. It has an option to toggle between the 2 tracks (front and rear) of video in the same clip. 

• Praise 1

Suddenly app no longer able to connect to UTR.

Getting this error msg, "No UTR! App will stop."

Resetting UTR did not resolve error. Nor did restarting mobilephone.

Does anyone know how to fix this? :(

You can try to delete the app and reinstall again.

The other day, I was playing with the app setting somehow I screw up and the app keep crashing. I delete the apps and reinstall it. Everything back to normal.

The other day, I was playing with the app setting somehow I screw up and the app keep crashing. I delete the apps and reinstall it. Everything back to normal.

Thanks I will try your solution later today. 

Has anyone figured out a way to send the video to others (e.g. WhatsApp) from the app?  I can play the video within the app but I don't see a way to export the video?

it did not work for me. 

tried using another mobilephone as well. 

I have just emailed Premiumauto for help. Probably need to bring the car in. :(

it did not work for me. 

tried using another mobilephone as well. 

I have just emailed Premiumauto for help. Probably need to bring the car in. :(

Let us know what they find out what is the problem, so that we will know what to do in future if the same thing happen to our Audi UTR.

Has anyone figured out a way to send the video to others (e.g. WhatsApp) from the app?  I can play the video within the app but I don't see a way to export the video?

The only way, I think, will be to: 

1. Take out the mini/micro SD card from the in-car cam;

2. Use an SD reader/adaptor to download the videos onto a PC/laptop; and

3. Download the videos from the PC/laptop onto your phone.

If anyone has a better way, and/or have sought PA's help on this, please share.

Thanks.

(edited)

Let us know what they find out what is the problem, so that we will know what to do in future if the same thing happen to our Audi UTR.

sure.

Premiumauto responded very promptly and has asked me to bring the car in. 

I will update the root cause and resolution once the issue is fixed

Edited by Tankee531

Been having this issue with the cam. At times, the recording isn't continuous! I'm not talking about the recording when the car is parked; it's when the car is in motion. Is there any configuration I need to make or is this 'normal'? For example, recently, I was driving and stopped at the traffic light junction, waiting to turn right. The lights then changed with the right-turn green arrow showing. When I was about to drive on, a car (lady driver) beat the red light and sped past the junction at high speed. I thought I could get the footage to have it sent to TP, only to realize that portion of it was not recorded!

The video footages showed the 2 mins I was waiting at the junction and subsequently of me having turned right and driving straight on the road. There was a missing gap of that 20-30 secs footage unrecorded (where it was when the lady driver beat the red light).

The above was not the first incident when there was missing gap in the recording. I have even taken out the SD card to try and retrieve the missing footages in my laptop but to no avail.

Is there a problem?

Was spending some time the whole week to play with the UTR and get to know its workings.  I can offer a hypothesis to what happened in your scenario.  Not sure if it is indeed what happened. :)

There are 2 types of recordings: 1-minute recordings (filename yyyymmdd_hhmmssD.avi) that end with a D, and 20-second recordings (filename yyyymmdd_hhmmssE.avi) that end with an E.  The "D" files are regular driving, while the "E" files are events detected due to shock.  Both types are recycled separately, i.e., the D files are recycled within the batch of D files and the E files are recycled within the batch of E files.  Thus, what could have happened in your case is that that 20-30 second missing gap with the red light beater triggered the shock sensor and so that 20 second gets stored as an E file.  Maybe later on, you get many other shock events (e.g., driving over hump, or during parking when many people drive or walk past) and so your E file gets recycled, but your D files are still there.

Solution: 1. Get a bigger Sd card.  I am planning on getting a 32GB Sd card.  I find that the default 8Gb Sd card can only store something like 15 minutes of driving only.  Not enough!

2. Decrease sensitivity of the shock sensors, so that not so many events are triggered.  I set everything to 1 in the settings and it still records quite a lot of events.

Fault is due to current version of andriod app.

Apple users not affected.

Premiumauto said to have just received email on this issue this morning.

Audi is getting their app developer to fix the andriod app issue.

Thank you for the update. So for andriod app users of UTR camera, they just need to wait for the update.

Hope they fix it fast for andriod apps.

Was spending some time the whole week to play with the UTR and get to know its workings. I can offer a hypothesis to what happened in your scenario. Not sure if it is indeed what happened. :)

There are 2 types of recordings: 1-minute recordings (filename yyyymmdd_hhmmssD.avi) that end with a D, and 20-second recordings (filename yyyymmdd_hhmmssE.avi) that end with an E. The "D" files are regular driving, while the "E" files are events detected due to shock. Both types are recycled separately, i.e., the D files are recycled within the batch of D files and the E files are recycled within the batch of E files. Thus, what could have happened in your case is that that 20-30 second missing gap with the red light beater triggered the shock sensor and so that 20 second gets stored as an E file. Maybe later on, you get many other shock events (e.g., driving over hump, or during parking when many people drive or walk past) and so your E file gets recycled, but your D files are still there.

Solution: 1. Get a bigger Sd card. I am planning on getting a 32GB Sd card. I find that the default 8Gb Sd card can only store something like 15 minutes of driving only. Not enough!

2. Decrease sensitivity of the shock sensors, so that not so many events are triggered. I set everything to 1 in the settings and it still records quite a lot of events.

Thanks for the explanation. I think I have set the G-sensor to 3, that’s why keep having beeping sounds in the car. As for the bigger cap SD card, any preferred brand? Think I’ll go buy one.

Ah I see. Thanks for update.
↡ Advertisement