• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 16 praises

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

Ki113r
  • Premium member
    Ki113r
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, my Audi 1.8TFSI was on MTM staged 1 tune.

I did an engine overhaul with new sets of Wossner pistons recently.

Would it be recommended to go for a re-tune of the ECU? 

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Yes.

Change new guitar strings also need to retune.

Aaronlkl, Volvobrick and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

Ki113r
  • Premium member
    Ki113r
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yes.

Change new guitar strings also need to retune.

Thanks. Premium-MTM says no need to retune. Who should I approach for retune? They will take away my old map right?

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You changed piston probably of the same spec but of better quality.

I see no reason to retune as the mtm stage 1 is already optimized through test and trial run baaed on original spec.

Unless you lookind at another tune that i feel is reducdant. Stick with the proven one.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:28 PM

Ki113r
  • Premium member
    Ki113r
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You changed piston probably of the same spec but of better quality.

I see no reason to retune as the mtm stage 1 is already optimized through test and trial run baaed on original spec.

Unless you lookind at another tune that i feel is reducdant. Stick with the proven one.

Hmm ok thanks for the tips.

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hmm ok thanks for the tips.

2 things IMHO:

The tune from MTM would be optimized for a stock car in new/good condition.

So your new pistons would bring you closer to stock condition assuming you had worn parts. So no need re-tune.

2nd, my understanding is that the ECU for Audis are smart enough to make such minor adjustments, so shouldn't need re-tune.

ANyway, if MTM don't want take your money say no need re-tune, I would believe em!

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

Hmanxx
  • Premium member
    Hmanxx
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If your new pistons come back with different compression ratio, you need to use custom tuning, those canned map (tuner can't change any parameters) will not help.

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

DTA
  • DTA
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

With Forged pistons, you can run higher timing + higher boost ;-)

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

Ki113r
  • Premium member
    Ki113r
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

With Forged pistons, you can run higher timing + higher boost ;-)

But the DQ200 can only take 250NM max?

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:03 AM

DTA
  • DTA
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

can take up to 400Nm easily, llike those stage 3 guys

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

RadX

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

r0bie86
  • r0bie86
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hi bros, as far as my knowledge goes, dont need to retune. my tuner at kaki bukit advice me when i ask him the same thing and hes quite experienced. I had stage 1 non-MTM but i changed to wossner pistons oso. the mapping stays in the ecu microchip, wont lose one even if car complete reset. 

no point retuning because Ake109 say one...…..Audi ECU quite smart.

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:22 PM

Hmanxx
  • Premium member
    Hmanxx
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hi bros, as far as my knowledge goes, dont need to retune. my tuner at kaki bukit advice me when i ask him the same thing and hes quite experienced. I had stage 1 non-MTM but i changed to wossner pistons oso. the mapping stays in the ecu microchip, wont lose one even if car complete reset. 

no point retuning because Ake109 say one...…..Audi ECU quite smart.

You didnt really interpret your tuner remarks correctly.

1. Point of program stayed in Non-Volatile memory is Valid . Your program is not stayed on RAM ( Power off , no more). 

2. Stage-1 non-MTM settings could be not fully optimized to push to limit, as such quite a large range of  Piston  Compression ratio could be run with the Map. Typically stock map is doing so.

Your tuner might have statistic on this and do this recommendation.

I believe in science , I will not make bold assumption but experiment it out . At least run through data log to confirm the map can match the new hardware.

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

spammer

RadX

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

RadX

I got dislike for this post.

Why huh?

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

Sungbeng
  • Sungbeng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi guys, my Audi 1.8TFSI was on MTM staged 1 tune.

I did an engine overhaul with new sets of Wossner pistons recently.

Would it be recommended to go for a re-tune of the ECU? 

https://www.facebook...fCoo&__tn__=K-R

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: audi, mtm, apr, tune, stage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users