Change in SMRT CEO (Apr 2018), Management & Other Matters

Blueray

Turbocharged

Like that what for complain about Desmond Quek?

SMRT BoD also appointed him as the CEO.

As long as he still continue to contribute profits to shareholders, what he did is right.

Why we are complaining about train breakdowns?

Comfort Delgro is also a transport company. But we don't see such mediocre services even as they had made profits. As it do for many listed companies.

And I don't understand your last sentence, so...

attachicon.gifzhu tou.jpg

There is a very big difference between saw and quek. For most of her time as ceo, there wasn’t any problems at all. The money was rolling in due to her innovation in creating retail spaces in Mrt stations. No one was complaining, not the board not the shareholders and not the commuters. She did what everyone wanted her to do.

Quek came on board with a very different charter. His sole objective was to get SMRT reliable again. What profits are you talking about?

↡ Advertisement

Like that what for complain about Desmond Quek?

SMRT BoD also appointed him as the CEO.

As long as he still continue to contribute profits to shareholders, what he did is right.

Why we are complaining about train breakdowns?

Comfort Delgro is also a transport company. But we don't see such mediocre services even as they had made profits. As it do for many listed companies.

And I don't understand your last sentence, so...

According to Desmond, SMRT has a deep-rooted cultural problem. This started from the 1st CEO who is also from army. That's why SMRT => Singapore Military Run Train.

Unlike SMRT, CDG has been diversifying it revenue from Singapore-centric to outside Singapore. I would say it's Singapore-source profit is getting smaller proportionally against overseas.

Both current & previous CEO of CDG is from transport industry. Whereby SMRT CEO is/was parachuted into that position. I have serious reservation on leadership of incoming CEO to resolve SMRT problems.

Enough of verbal diarrhea

• Praise 1

Supersonic

There is a very big difference between saw and quek. For most of her time as ceo, there wasn’t any problems at all. The money was rolling in due to her innovation in creating retail spaces in Mrt stations. No one was complaining, not the board not the shareholders and not the commuters. She did what everyone wanted her to do.

Quek came on board with a very different charter. His sole objective was to get SMRT reliable again. What profits are you talking about?

Are you sure that the commuters are not complaining?

SMRT major train breakdowns started during her tenure.

When she took over TIBS buses and taxis and convert it under SMRT, the bus services standards dropped significantly at that time.

I took buses too and so I know what was the problems of SMRT as a transport company during that period. Even I have written tons of complain letters to them, they have hardly improved. TIBS was a better bus company back then but was ruined by SMRT. 

Turbocharged

Are you sure that the commuters are not complaining?

SMRT major train breakdowns started during her tenure.

When she took over TIBS buses and taxis and convert it under SMRT, the bus services standards dropped significantly at that time.

I took buses too and so I know what was the problems of SMRT as a transport company during that period. Even I have written tons of complain letters to them, they have hardly improved. TIBS was a better bus company back then but was ruined by SMRT.

Ya, the breakdowns started at the last year of her tenure.... I think we are focusing on trains and for most of her tenure, it was relatively ok.

I am not saying the problems did not originate from her but rather they have not yet surfaced. She wasn’t given time to fix it either as she was fired in a year. Wonder what is she doing now?

Edited by Wind30

Supersonic

According to Desmond, SMRT has a deep-rooted cultural problem. This started from the 1st CEO who is also from army. That's why SMRT => Singapore Military Run Train.

Unlike SMRT, CDG has been diversifying it revenue from Singapore-centric to outside Singapore. I would say it's Singapore-source profit is getting smaller proportionally against overseas.

Both current & previous CEO of CDG is from transport industry. Whereby SMRT CEO is/was parachuted into that position. I have serious reservation on leadership of incoming CEO to resolve SMRT problems.

Enough of verbal diarrhea

You are right about Comfort Delgro, they have tons of divestitures in places like China, UK, Australia, etc. 

Even as SPH appointed as CEO, nothing much was changed for the basic transport business, even she does not have a military background. In fact, it got worse. First worst major MRT breakdown 2011 since 1987 and breakdowns is like a common ritual since then, using inferior things (cheaper, better and faster, e.g. cable ties), turn TIBS buses and taxis to worse states almost immediate takeover, ...

You are right about Comfort Delgro, they have tons of divestitures in places like China, UK, Australia, etc.

Even as SPH appointed as CEO, nothing much was changed for the basic transport business, even she does not have a military background. In fact, it got worse. First worst major MRT breakdown 2011 since 1987 and breakdowns is like a common ritual since then, using inferior things (cheaper, better and faster, e.g. cable ties), turn TIBS buses and taxis to worse states almost immediate takeover, ...

We are going into circular reference NOW.

Shut down NOW.

Supersonic

Ya, the breakdowns started at the last year of her tenure.... I think we are focusing on trains and for most of her tenure, it was relatively ok

There is no smoke without fire.

If the maintenance regime wasn't bad during her years, why does the problems start to float at the later years?

Bus and taxis still do form the part of the business and it is their responsibility to keep up the standards with TIBS previously.

But SMRT didn't and instead ignore the bus and taxi operations which affect the commuters who needed these services.

Worse there was no GCM during the era. People lived in the North and Northwest have to bear with their mediocre bus services because they have no choice. Only SMRT is allowed to run their bus services.

We are going into circular reference NOW.

Shut down NOW.

So you understand my POV now?

What doesn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is no smoke without fire.

If the maintenance regime wasn't bad during her years, why does the problems start to float at the later years?

Bus and taxis still do form the part of the business and it is their responsibility to keep up the standards with TIBS previously.

But SMRT didn't and instead ignore the bus and taxi operations which affect the commuters who needed these services.

Worse there was no GCM during the era. People lived in the North and Northwest have to bear with their mediocre bus services because they have no choice. Only SMRT is allowed to run their bus services.

So you understand my POV now?

What doesn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had said countless times & I will says it ONE last times.

Saw's mandate is to increase retail revenue.

Since you are NOT important, why would SMRT address your concern?

Supersonic

I had said countless times & I will says it ONE last times.

Saw's mandate is to increase retail revenue.

Since you are NOT important, why would SMRT address your concern?

I am one of the commuters.

So commuters' concerns are not important?  [rolleyes]

SMRT under military CEO is still about transport business basically, SMRT under SPH is also about transport business basically. SMRT is about transport business.

Don't keep saying it is right when the focus is wrong.  

Ok, since you say it is right for her to churn profits and neglect the main business, don't complain when the train breaks down again.

Done talking to you.

Edited by DACH

I am one of the commuters.

So commuters' concerns are not important? [rolleyes]

SMRT under military CEO is still about transport business basically, SMRT under SPH is also about transport business basically. SMRT is about transport business.

Don't keep saying it is right when the focus is wrong.

Ok, since you say it is right for her to churn profits and neglect the main business, don't complain when the train breaks down again.

Done talking to you.

As I said before, if your boss ask you to piak Muthu, you go & piak Ahmad. Are you sure you are gonna get fired?

BoD set Saw mandate. Ask BoD or Mdm Ho.

If commuters' concern is important, are we still seeing these breakdowns?

Since u r driving now, MRT breakdown doesn't concern u anymore.

As someone above said b4, what's important is ABSOLUTE LOYALTY of CEO.

Commuters' concern is just noise.

Edited by Davidtch

Supersonic

As I said before, if your boss ask you to piak Muthu, you go & piak Ahmad. Are you sure you are gonna get fired?

BoD set Saw mandate. Ask BoD or Mdm Ho.

If commuters' concern is important, are we still seeing these breakdowns?

Since u r driving now, MRT breakdown doesn't concern u anymore.

As someone above said b4, what's important is ABSOLUTE LOYALTY.

Commuters' concern is just noise.

Who set who as CEO is not the commuter's problem. But if they cannot get these systems working properly, then it's the commuters' problem. SMRT basic business is serve commuters, not shareholders only.

When I was not driving, I only rely on buses and cabs.

And you gave a bad example to explain your point of view again so...

post-180434-0-34601800-1524401384_thumb.jpg

Who set who as CEO is not the commuter's problem. But if they cannot get these systems working properly, then it's the commuters' problem. SMRT basic business is serve commuters, not shareholders only.

When I was not driving, I only rely on buses and cabs.

And you gave a bad example to explain your point of view again so...

CEO takes order from BoD.

BoD takes order from Shareholder.

If shareholder tell BoD to piak CEO, BoD piak DACH. Are you sure BoD will not be fired?

Supersonic

CEO takes order from BoD.

BoD takes order from Shareholder.

If shareholder tell BoD to piak CEO, BoD piak DACH. Are you sure BoD will not be fired?

Which company don't want to earn money?

Which shareholders do not want profits?

But earn money also have to look long term.

Comfort Delgro can achieve that.

Now good for SMRT lor. Delisted for good.

Again...

post-180434-0-53387400-1524401968_thumb.jpg

Edited by DACH

Which company don't want to earn money?

But earn money also have to look long term.

Comfort Delgro can achieve that.

Now good for SMRT lor. Delisted for good.

Again...

Delisted means all profit goes to the sole shareholder and LTA.

I see many of you debating about Neo's lack of experience, or how come top dollar salary cannot find the best brain, etc, etc

Fact is, best brain or best experience is not the priority in certain key jobs.

IMO, the priority is...two words. : Absolute Loyalty.

How about Piyush Gupta.

how about a general of absolute loyalty here too.

Supersonic

Delisted means all profit goes to the sole shareholder and LTA.

And I trust LTA to get their priorities right to work on the system instead of asking for more profits.

Turbocharged

haha ya man... i heard of this from my friend: latest news is that SMRT going to have new lines... MT line and coy line ððð

which i suspect is so for NYC... [lipsrsealed]

guess who will be the next next SMRT CEO? :XD:

a senior management who cannot hold his liquor or at least know his limits cannot do business :XD:

Reminds me of something I was told during my first job in jap mnc. After work tcss with a jap sales manager of the company, and he told me something he learned from entertaining clients ... everyone has a weakness: liquor, women or money [laugh]
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3