Change in SMRT CEO (Apr 2018), Management & Other Matters

Blueray

They just never learnt.

Repeat the same mistake over and over again.

Who kenna in the end? The citizens.

Paying millions of taxpayer money to useless people.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Seriously, i think gahmen really needs to review this flawed policy of exporting generals to the corporate world. Give them retirement at 55, and encourage them to be emterpreneurs or school teachers or something, but no more of this please.

Whats that quote about repeating the same thing but expect different result?

like !!

Seriously, i think gahmen really needs to review this flawed policy of exporting generals to the corporate world. Give them retirement at 55, and encourage them to be emterpreneurs or school teachers or something, but no more of this please.

Whats that quote about repeating the same thing but expect different result?

School teacher (no offense to teacher...) cannot lah... smelly smelly must be principle or MOE school inspector  [laugh]  [laugh]

On serious note, they think these generals being scholars means sure can take on any CEO roles throw at them... how wrong man... corporate world is different of army style  :a-noway:

Edited by Spanly
  • Praise 1

They just never learnt.

Confirmed they never learn from their mistakes, they still assume and think that all these generals are genius which can perform in corporate world. Anyway, even they dont parachute another army general into SMRT, i dont think anyone who want to suicide himself/herself to take up the ceo job in SMRT. So the only way is to push another general into SMRT, whether or not he can perform or mess up SMRT, he no need to take up any responsibility and his job is to sit there and collect big fat salary.

So did they revealed where is this useless stepping down SMRT ceo going ah?

Edited by 13177

Turbocharged

School teacher (no offense to teacher...) cannot lah... smelly smelly must be principle or MOE school inspector [laugh][laugh]

On serious note, they think these generals being scholars means sure can take on any CEO roles throw at them... how wrong man... corporate world is different of army style :a-noway:

There are probably executive skills that are transferable between a general and ceo. But in sg army context i would imagine the skillset is pretty low. I cant imagine the current sg generals ever facing a crisis that test their resolve or capability. Determine how many rehearsals for ndp doesnt count.
  • Praise 1

They just never learnt.

What's to learn when everything is running buttery smooth (from govt perspective)?

We can discuss till cow come home.

Nothing will change.

Turbocharged

Confirmed they never learn from their mistakes, they still assume and think that all these generals are genius which can perform in corporate world. Anyway, even they dont parachute another army general into SMRT, i dont think anyone who want to suicide himself/herself to take up the ceo job in SMRT. So the only way is to push another general into SMRT, whether or not he can perform or mess up SMRT, he no need to take up any responsibility and his job is to sit there and collect big fat salary.

So did they revealed where is this useless stepping down SMRT ceo going ah?

I never believe they are putting generals there simply because they think the generals have the right skillset and can perform in those corporate positions.

And certainly it is not because there is no one who can take that job. Honestly, SMRT is just a small train company compare to many more develop and bigger railway organisations in US, Europe, Japan and other countries. Those experience foreign executives are out there provided the door and $$$ is open to them

Edited by Icedbs

Supersonic

They just never learnt.

Have they learnt?

No. They put another general as CEO.

Either depend on yourself or be at their mercy of their incompetence. 

• Praise 1

lets give the incoming general a chance to prove himself...

U kidding right? That's what the apologists said for kuek. Then later the argument changed to deep seated problems. Need more time (5 years not enough).

Now new guy. Give him another 5 years?

Finally dk is stepping down.. But one thing I don't understand.. Why keep bring in the same musical chairs from saf general? Why can't they promote internal smrt staff to become a ceo? Saf general knows better then internal staff in smrt working for many years? Sure bo? If not how come dk seems to know nothing? Plus always not around when crisis happen, he only seldom show face and when something super serious then pop out. Haiz.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Finally dk is stepping down.. But one thing I don't understand.. Why keep bring in the same musical chairs from saf general? Why can't they promote internal smrt staff to become a ceo? Saf general knows better then internal staff in smrt working for many years? Sure bo? If not how come dk seems to know nothing? Plus always not around when crisis happen, he only seldom show face and when something super serious then pop out. Haiz.

takes a paper general to fix half the problem of mrt.

takes another paper general to fix the other half of the problem, in theory.

there will be no more mrt problem after another 5 yrs.

LHL himself also paper general!

what do you expect?

Supersonic

They only bring in the wrong people to be the CEO. Even before Desmond, SPH already started the damage and she's not from the military.

Deep-rooted cultural problems cannot solve, so decided to stay home and count the millions earned in the ~6 yr instead.

Good choice...  [laugh]

• Praise 3

They only bring in the wrong people to be the CEO. Even before Desmond, SPH already started the damage and she's not from the military.

SPH?

Well, you have to ask Mdm Ho why she always appoint the person for that job.

Deep-rooted cultural problems cannot solve, so decided to stay home and count the millions earned in the ~6 yr instead.

Good choice...  [laugh]

This is NOT the only GLC with deep-rooted cultural problem.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1