Change in SMRT CEO (Apr 2018), Management & Other Matters

Blueray

Heng I got car

Lucky you lo. If have car, even train company closed down you also no need to care. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I think respect is not easily earned.

anyone else want to add / modify the pic ?? my skills very limited lah ....

post-2854-0-57121600-1524103517.jpg

Turbocharged

Well done. 

I bet the next CEO (after Neo Kian Hong) will be also another father mother Army General

Dont need to waste time and resources for the global search.

========================================== 

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/smr...n-hong-new-ceo

Rail operator SMRT yesterday announced that it had conducted a "global search" before deciding on former general Neo Kian Hong, 54, as the man to replace Mr Desmond Kuek as its chief executive.

The Straits Times understands that the search for a new chief executive was initiated when Mr Kuek, 55, offered to resign soon after last October's tunnel-flooding incident.

The new chief was among 20 candidates considered for the role.

In a media statement yesterday, a day after The Straits Times broke the news of Mr Kuek's departure and Mr Neo's imminent appointment, SMRT chairman Seah Moon Ming said that he was "confident that (Mr Neo) will be able to lead SMRT towards achieving operation excellence".

He added: "I have had the opportunity to work alongside Kian Hong during the Sars crisis and witnessed his sense of mission, hands-on approach to problem-solving and decisive leadership."

Currently the Permanent Secretary for Defence Development at the Ministry of Defence, Mr Neo was Singapore's seventh chief of defence force in the Singapore Armed Forces.

He will be retiring from the Administrative Service and taking over the helm of the transport operator on Aug 1 after serving 35 years in the Singapore Armed Forces and the Administrative Service.

Mr Neo said in the statement: "I am conscious that there will be challenges ahead. I know the public expects safe and reliable train services. I will work very hard to meet their expectations."

Mr Seah thanked Mr Kuek, who has helmed the rail operator since October 2012, for his contributions.

"The board would also like to express its appreciation to Desmond for his deep commitment and significant contributions to strengthen SMRT's overall capabilities over the last six years,"said Mr Seah.

Mr Kuek said it was his privilege to have served alongside "a most professional and dedicated team in SMRT" and to have led the company through a critical period of transformation and system renewal.

He sent a heartfelt farewell e-mail to staff yesterday, saying he has had a "most meaningful and memorable journey" and giving them "full credit" for helping to transform the company, and taking responsibility for "the times we fell along the way".

Edited by Mcf777

SMRT had conducted global search? Wonder how true is this?

Who want to take such shitty ceo role. So maybe all reject. So well..

But one thing I don't understand, if no one want to take smrt ceo job, did they ever approach people like smrt chairman? Look outside buy never look inside?

Edited by Yewheng

Not shitty meh? Everyday kanna curse by people, train network so many problems. Who can tahan?

give me 1/2 the pay.

i let u curse my 18 gen.

i still can give u  [laugh]  face every day , 

• Praise 6

Twincharged

SMRT had conducted global search? Wonder how true is this?

they never look for this Goodyear guy ar ?

post-2854-0-38569600-1524107003.jpg

give me 1/2 the pay.

i let u curse my 18 gen.

i still can give u  [laugh]  face every day , 

​Not those who is already at very high up position. Maybe that's why only left SAF general to want to accept that role.

Turbocharged

Who want to take such shitty ceo role. So maybe all reject. So well..

But one thing I don't understand, if no one want to take smrt ceo job, did they ever approach people like smrt chairman? Look outside buy never look inside?

watch more 50' 60' wayang show, can act more naturally in the public.

serve 5yrs, next few generations dont need to worry.

Not shitty meh? Everyday kanna curse by people, train network so many problems. Who can tahan?

Where got shitty. You see the useless DK, whole company is in deep shit, so many delays, breakdown and even death, he also can tahan for almost 6 years and every month still can take home so high salary without having to answer/responsible for all these shits. Whether the shit is directly or indirectly created by the ceo or not, i still find as a ceo of a company, he/she should still take responsible. But i dont see this on this useless DK lo. So i strongly believe the coming new paper general ceo will repeat the same old history during his tenure in SMRT. If all these paper generals can be trusted, pigs also can fly.

Edited by 13177

I am very sure is true.

global pte limited.

Edited by Kopites

Supersonic

Lucky you lo. If have car, even train company closed down you also no need to care. Lol.

SMRT should have closed down long ago and let foreign operators take over the rail operations.

However due to some protectionism, it didn't. If it operates in a truly free market, it will be gone within years.

Twincharged

About 6 years ago...

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/smrt-ceo-saw-phaik-hwa-resigns.html

Saw's resignation comes after her previous decision to stay on as CEO despite calls for her resignation, saying she took responsibility for the incidents that happened in December and pledged to set things right.

History repeats. 

SMRT CEO Desmond Kuek says talk of resignation 'purely speculative'

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/smrt-ceo-desmond-kuek-says-talk-of-resignation-purely-speculative

25 Jan 2018

3 months later...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/smrt-desmond-kuek-neo-kian-hong-new-ceo-10147140

question : how does one take responsibility for the issues ??

what is meant by taking responsibility ?

is it just a word or supposed to be some kind of action ?

SMRT should have closed down long ago and let foreign operators take over the rail operations.

However due to some protectionism, it didn't. If it operates in a truly free market, it will be gone within years.

No country would allow their important infrastructure to be operate by foreign corporation.

Moreover, there is no free mkt for public transport since it is public goods.

For the top guy we know he is not the wan doing the ground work. It's all about knowing what NOT to say and be humble.

↡ Advertisement