Gardening

Phluvcat

i tried orchids and bought them in from thailand and taiwan when i was there. bought some from local orchids plantation and botanical garden sunday sale too. But hor, all mati liao.

they do need plenty of attention leh. any good tips for beginners? 

(edited)

i tried orchids and bought them in from thailand and taiwan when i was there. bought some from local orchids plantation and botanical garden sunday sale too. But hor, all mati liao.

they do need plenty of attention leh. any good tips for beginners?

Huh what happened man... maybe describe your planting location.... got sun? Windy? Any forested area nearby?

For orchids go for dendrobiums, i also having problems with bulbophyllums. Some orchids have narrow range of condition to grow in or cannot be neglected.

You can try hoyas too... the common ones hardy and can tahan some neglect, and gives you sweet blooms when flower.

Forgot... Sunlight? How you water? How they die (hahaha)?

Next time buy must ask seller how to take care of the plants, and from where. Sometimes plants from other countries cannot adapt to our climate.

Edited by Phluvcat

Turbocharged

Orchids are nice. I have 1 small pot. Take a year to mature then it gives me 1 sprout of 5 to 6 flowers every 3 months or so. And the orchids take like 2 months to wither. Very nice. Might go buy another pot.

Orchids are nice. I have 1 small pot. Take a year to mature then it gives me 1 sprout of 5 to 6 flowers every 3 months or so. And the orchids take like 2 months to wither. Very nice. Might go buy another pot.

Curious where u go buy your orchids?

Turbocharged

to be fair, i didn't have time for the plants. but, not all are easy to take care. will consider it again when i know i can commit more time for it. 

Turbocharged

Curious where u go buy your orchids?

Bought 1 from far east. This is the flowering one.

I forgot I also bought a lan hua from a tiong Bahru market shop. Have not flowered for more than 2 years already.

most people say Orchid is easy ... but I always cant get it to bloom and usually gone after a yr or 2 

how often u water it and how much water ? 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

to be fair, i didn't have time for the plants. but, not all are easy to take care. will consider it again when i know i can commit more time for it. 

Cactus are easy to maintain. 

Turbocharged

most people say Orchid is easy ... but I always cant get it to bloom and usually gone after a yr or 2

how often u water it and how much water ?

I am no expert in gardening.

But I believe the placement of the pot is important. It used to be near the window in the bathroom with filtered light. Not good for it. So I brought it out to the balcony. Near where there is sun but never actually got hit by direct sunlight.

Watered it once daily with 2 caps of water (small pot, cap is those for mouth wash type). Never ever once fertilized before.

Maybe lady luck shone on me. It started flowering 1 sprout at a time, for the past 2 years already. Almost always in bloom with at least 1 sprout.

As of now, 1 2 month old sprout is starting to wither but another one is growing. Happy.

Cactus are easy to maintain.

My wife can kill her cactii.
  • Praise 1

I am no expert in gardening.

But I believe the placement of the pot is important. It used to be near the window in the bathroom with filtered light. Not good for it. So I brought it out to the balcony. Near where there is sun but never actually got hit by direct sunlight.

Watered it once daily with 2 caps of water (small pot, cap is those for mouth wash type). Never ever once fertilized before.

Maybe lady luck shone on me. It started flowering 1 sprout at a time, for the past 2 years already. Almost always in bloom with at least 1 sprout.

As of now, 1 2 month old sprout is starting to wither but another one is growing. Happy.

My wife can kill her cactii.

Thanks for the info... 

I kept my on the balcony , away from direct sunlight . Maybe I watered too much . the root always rot after 1 yr. 

Btw , how big is ur pot ?  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thanks for the info...

I kept my on the balcony , away from direct sunlight . Maybe I watered too much . the root always rot after 1 yr.

Btw , how big is ur pot ?

My pot is very small only. Around 10cm tall that type. But it has many holes at the sides so that water can drain off quickly. Growth medium is charcoal. I water at night once daily.

I love gardening and yeah its a man hobby. I'm doing since I was 16 years old and I go my interest in gardening when I saw my dad he was planting new seeds of flowers. So now I'm doing it with passion may because of my for nature. I've got a big lawn backside of my house it is quite big so when it comes to maintenance of it like grass cutting etc I had lawn mower but it was difficult for me to cut grass of the whole lawn then I decided to buy a new one then I found  Troy-Bilt 30-Inch Neighborhood  Riding Lawn Mower it has so many amazing features like Powerful OHV Troy-Bilt Engine, 30-Inch cutting deck, 5 adjustable settings help you adjust the height according to the length of the grass. Even if the length is small or large and more. It makes me work easy. It is a little bit costly but worth it for garden and lawn.

on my Hollyday when i feel bore in my house so i went to my garden for planting . i love gargading there are different type of flower in my garden but my favourate flower is jasmine.and also then when i clean my garden , i also clean my house  .

615ES7d4YWL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

The hobby of gardening is one of my favorites. During my teenage years, I developed an interest in gardening when I saw my dad planting new seeds of flowers. Because of my love for nature, I'm doing it with passion now. I have a big lawn on the back side of my house and I needed a lawn mower to cut grass of the whole field so I decided to buy the Troy-Bilt Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower that had a Powerful OHV Troy-Bilt Engine, 30-Inch cutting deck, and 5 adjustable settings to match the grass' length. Regardless of the length. It helps me to work faster. A little expensive, but worth it for gardens and lawns.

8 hours ago, patrick67 said:

The hobby of gardening is one of my favorites. During my teenage years, I developed an interest in gardening when I saw my dad planting new seeds of flowers. Because of my love for nature, I'm doing it with passion now. I have a big lawn on the back side of my house and I needed a lawn mower to cut grass of the whole field so I decided to buy the Troy-Bilt Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower that had a Powerful OHV Troy-Bilt Engine, 30-Inch cutting deck, and 5 adjustable settings to match the grass' length. Regardless of the length. It helps me to work faster. A little expensive, but worth it for gardens and lawns.

It is a happy problem many of us would envy to have. Good to plant something instead of just lawn.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1