Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

Siao liao lah, more bullets for increasing train fare... [shakehead][bigcry][furious][furious]

Downtown Line hit by signalling fault; commuters complain of crowded train platforms

jtlrt240518.jpg

SINGAPORE - The Downtown Line (DTL) was hit by a signalling fault on Thursday morning (May 24).

The Straits Times understands that the fault lies with Tampines station along DTL 3 in the east, although commuters along the entire line were affected.

It is understood trains are still moving but at a lower speed.

A photo sent in by an ST reader shows the crowded platform at Bukit Panjang station along DTL2 in the west.

A check on DTL operator SBS Transit's social media pages did not indicate that a fault was ongoing, but there were several complaints by commuters on Facebook and Twitter.

It is unclear whether the communication glitch lies with the station or the trains.

Sometimes we really have to appreciate the kind intention of train operators for not wanting to report breakdown or delay openly. They are actually doing us a big favor (so that fare can be kept low)... [grin]

How come in the hdb picture, got one giant guy standing there like Godzilla one?

Who is that guy?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

How come in the hdb picture, got one giant guy standing there like Godzilla one?

Who is that guy?

Attack on Titans Part 3? [laugh]

Attack on Titans Part 3? [laugh]

The guy like naked leh

Funny one

Donno why got giant naked fellow roaming in hdb as mrt station picture

Turbocharged

The guy like naked leh

Funny one

Donno why got giant naked fellow roaming in hdb as mrt station picture

Yeah I stay near that station..the picture also floored me when I first saw it...for artistic purposes I guess....

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Yeah I stay near that station..the picture also floored me when I first saw it...for artistic purposes I guess....

What is the purpose of that picture in the first place ah?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

What is the purpose of that picture in the first place ah?

To show the pappies are connected to the heartlanders?

Yeah I stay near that station..the picture also floored me when I first saw it...for artistic purposes I guess....

I don’t understand

Who is that guy in the picture?

Looks like a naked man with his grey pants down to his knees

Is it a movie poster?

Supersonic

To show the pappies are connected to the heartlanders?

Connected?

Half naked giant roaming the HDB estate?

Hahaha

SBS Transit apologises for not alerting commuters to Downtown Line delays

SINGAPORE: SBS Transit has apologised for not sending out alerts to Downtown Line commuters who experienced travel delays on Thursday morning (May 24).

"We apologise that no alerts were issued and to all affected passengers, we are sorry for the inconvenience that was caused. We are investigating the cause of the fault with the Land Transport Authority and the vendor," said Ms Tammy Tan, senior vice president of corporate communications for SBS Transit.  

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/downtown-line-dtl-sbs-transit-apologises-not-alerting-commuters-10273610

• Praise 3

Ask them go and die la. Never failed to create problem for people. A bunch of idiots working in SBS transit.

So many ppl working at the SBS transit dept and nobody remembered to notify the public. LoL...who are they kidding?

Supersonic

So many ppl working at the SBS transit dept and nobody remembered to notify the public. LoL...who are they kidding?

Whether it is SBS transit, SMRT or LTA, all are idiots la. 

Hypersonic

I have a simple solution.

We always talk about foreign talent.

Let's get a Japanese rail CEO come here and run SMRT.

The only problems we will get is train leave the station 25 seconds earlier.

We should also get those young ladies that use their bums to push people into the trains.

I just solved the train breakdown problem and the over crowding problem.

They should pay me millions for this genius solution.

:D

Hypersonic
(edited)

I don't want to argue with everyone here but I agree with the minister.

I also don't think pay shouldn't be tied to performance.

I even said this to my supervisor during appraisal.

Can you believe my company said they wanted to cut my salary because of my performance.

What a stupid reason to cut my pay right?

Since my performance is very bad this is the best time to increase my pay to improve my morale and motivation.

Some of you may think I am wrong and want to mass debate with me but let me tell you not to waste your time.

I have a helicopter view and you don't have and only I can see things that you cannot.

So if you get a pay cut for doing badly and I get a pay rise for doing worse it because of a logic that only I can see and you cannot.

I think it's only a matter of time before I get invited to a garden party and offered a top job.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

My wife told my son every time say sorry for the same thing means not sorry at all.

My son said but SMRT always say sorry.

Lucky boy he has his mother's good looks and lesbian father brains.

I am just hoping a lot of fathers don't knock on my door complaining their daughters putting on weigh and getting sick in the morning.

My wife told my son every time say sorry for the same thing means not sorry at all.

My son said but SMRT always say sorry.

Lucky boy he has his mother's good looks and lesbian father brains.

I am just hoping a lot of fathers don't knock on my door complaining their daughters putting on weigh and getting sick in the morning.

The trains have been up and down since 2011. 7 solid years had past! Are we any better today? Look how competent these ppl are! Enuff said. <_<

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

The trains have been up and down since 2011. 7 solid years had past! Are we any better today? Look how competent these ppl are! Enuff said. <_<

I really don't know why they won't put an experienced Japanese railway boss in charge to put things right.

I think it's because I only made the suggestion today and they never thought about it.

So many of my ideas were taken from this forum and implemented.

I think MCF is a must read for all top managers and people in power as they will borrow all our good ideas.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2