Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

I really don't know why they won't put an experienced Japanese railway boss in charge to put things right.

I think it's because I only made the suggestion today and they never thought about it.

So many of my ideas were taken from this forum and implemented.

I think MCF is a must read for all top managers and people in power as they will borrow all our good ideas.

:D

They need nothing but puppets! [lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Hypersonic

They need nothing but puppets! [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

I have to admit I also like to hire ex military personnel.

I like how they always say Yes sir and salute all my dumb ideas.

And I can tell you I have many dumb ideas.

Supersonic

The trains have been up and down since 2011. 7 solid years had past! Are we any better today? Look how competent these ppl are! Enuff said. <_<

Thats why i said they are a bunch of idiots and useless people which make life difficult for people like us.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I meant young good looking female ex military personnel.

I don't like Yes Men and never did.

I really like young good looking ladies that say yes to my every suggestion though.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I have to admit I also like to hire ex military personnel.

I like how they always say Yes sir and salute all my dumb ideas.

And I can tell you I have many dumb ideas.

Say what you like, decision made. another military guy for the job. again same explanation given when the current one was appointed. what is the reason?

if he can't perform, we replace with another military guy lor. so many to choose from. those involved in deciding just point finger no need to answer mah.

My concern,, after so many failures, what is going on in our military? 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Anyone noticed the new signalling on EWL implemented today? Train goes all the way to Tuas station, but find the train interval quite long during the peak this morning.  -_-

Tolong tolong. SMRT and Singapore power. SMRT trains, please don't break down. Singapore power, please don't have black out.

If Kim and Trump talk talk suddenly no light, I'm sure P@p will make sure whoever is responsible at Singapore Power see no light any more. [smash]

Tolong tolong. SMRT and Singapore power. SMRT trains, please don't break down. Singapore power, please don't have black out.

If Kim and Trump talk talk suddenly no light, I'm sure P@p will make sure whoever is responsible at Singapore Power see no light any more. [smash]

Sure boh?

I will pray hard for power failure to see head rolling.

Supersonic

Black out will make Kim feel at home.  [laugh]

article-2725415-208925A500000578-155_964

• Praise 3

Black out will make Kim feel at home.  [laugh]

article-2725415-208925A500000578-155_964

If really got blackout at where those 2 VVIPs are present, a lot of heads roll.

Supersonic

Power failure always happened on MRT de, seldom happened elsewhere. Very unlikely there will be blackout at where those 2 VVIPs are present. 

Early Closure of Bukit Gombak to Admiralty MRT stations for Maintenance and Improvement Works in July 2018

1.  In July 2018, seven MRT stations along the North-South Line (NSL), from Bukit Gombak to Admiralty, will close earlier at around 11.00pm every Friday and Saturday to intensify on-going railway maintenance and improvement works in the north-western sector of the NSL. 

2.  There will be no late openings at these MRT stations in July 2018, as SMRT has assessed that the additional engineering hours from early closures are sufficient to facilitate the works needed along this stretch of the NSL. 

3.  During the early closures, there will be regular train services between Sembawang and Marina South Pier MRT stations, while train services between Jurong East and Bukit Batok MRT stations will operate at longer service intervals of up to 10 minutes.

July%202018%20ECLO.png

Alternative Travel Arrangements for Journey Planning

4.  During early closures of these seven MRT stations in July 2018, Shuttle Bus Service 11 will ply along the stretch of the NSL between Bukit Batok and Sembawang MRT stations, stopping at designated bus stops near the affected stations to pick-up and drop-off passengers. 

5.  As the timings of the last trains to depart affected stations along the NSL are different, commuters are advised to check for station-specific timings on SMRT’s trains’ website and social media platforms when planning their journeys on affected dates. More information on train service and shuttle bus service timings during the early closure of MRT stations in July 2018 can be found in the Appendices attached. Commuters are also reminded to cater for additional travel time when using the shuttle bus service. 

6.  SMRT will keep commuters updated on changes in timing to train operations and alternative transport arrangements on SMRT’s trains’ website: https://www.smrttrains.com.sg as well as through SMRT’s Facebook, Twitter feed and the SMRTConnect app.

Bukit Panjang LRT to resume service on Sundays with Late Opening from 1 July to 28 October 2018

bplrtnewlivery2.jpg?ver=2016-09-28-19220

1.  The Bukit Panjang Light Rail Transit (BPLRT), which has been closed on Sundays since 15 April 2018 for planned maintenance works, will resume operations from 1 July. BPLRT stations will, however, open later at 8.00am (instead of the usual 5.30am) on Sundays from 1 July to 28 October 2018 for intensified maintenance works to continue.

2.  The full-Sunday closure of BPLRT stations from April to June 2018 has enabled maintenance and engineering teams to accelerate replacement of power rails and track switch components along critical sectors of the BPLRT network. Even as LRT services resume on Sundays from July, later opening hours will continue to provide the teams with the necessary time to carry out essential work on the rest of the BPLRT network. Such efforts are intended to improve the network’s reliability as well as commuters’ travel experience.

Alternative Travel Options

3.  Shuttle Bus Services A and B that bridge between BPLRT stations in both directions will continue during the late opening of BPLRT stations on Sundays from 1 July to 28 October 2018. Commuters are advised to plan their journeys ahead during this period. SMRT will deploy staff to provide assistance to commuters on affected Sundays. Updates will also be available on SMRT’s website, as well as through SMRT’s Facebook and Twitter feed.
  • Praise 5

Supersonic

Lai liao lai liao...

potential fare increases lai liao...

test ballon news released liao [:p]

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/smrt-trains-loss-ridership-declines-maintenace-costs-10490192

SMRT Trains posts S$86m loss as ridership declines and maintenance costs rise

Why ridership declines? It is due to passengers lose their confidence on their train reliability? Thought maintenance is part of the operation cost of what a train operator should do? 

Supersonic

Why ridership declines? It is due to passengers lose their confidence on their train reliability? Thought maintenance is part of the operation cost of what a train operator should do?

Because people switch to Grab.
↡ Advertisement