Spoke to my Lexus dealer recently

Es250 net price is around 190k

Unlikely lower much more

My current Es 2yrs old, depredation 18kpa or so if use till end

Bought 200k if sell now 140k plus minus

Need to TOP up around 50k for new Es then would depreciate near 17kpa

And still need factor in need to take Loan otherwise must add another 2-3k

Not keen as loss is great and still need to TOP up 50k

Bro, 190k is based on luxury or executive variant?

• Praise 1

hi everyone.joined sgcarmart long ago but was never that active.anyway,i just signed on the dotted line for the new ES250 exe.first downpayment made 3 weeks ago.current ride is the GS250 2012 model.i chose the sonic titanium with topaz brown interior.just wanna know if anyone else has also bought the latest ES..can share opinion and knowledge.thnks

I am considering this option as well. Possible to disclose how much your purchase price and the perks given?

Bro, 190k is based on luxury or executive variant?

Low end model and net net price

That was a couple of mths ago. Din follow up with him as not keen after doing the sums

• Praise 1

Low end model and net net price

That was a couple of mths ago. Din follow up with him as not keen after doing the sums

Bro... Exec ES250 OMV is 40k VES B. at current 31k COE total cost including COE is only 132k. So you are right not to pay 190k for it. From my observation once the new model frenzy dies off they usually can do around 30+ k margin above cost which is around 170k
  • Praise 2

Bro... Exec ES250 OMV is 40k VES B. at current 31k COE total cost including COE is only 132k. So you are right not to pay 190k for it. From my observation once the new model frenzy dies off they usually can do around 30+ k margin above cost which is around 170k

Just wait. Once the new model hype dies down, the price will also go down

Just wait. Once the new model hype dies down, the price will also go down

Yes. Agreed. My Es cost 200k with 56k coe

So by right, the new Es with 32k coe should cost 178k

In addition, if the is300 can go for a promo of 158k, it might be a matter of time before the es250 cost ard 170k.

No hurry ba

Those who in hurry then prepare to pay a premium for the song song feeling of driving a brand new Es

• Praise 1

I think it will always be positioned 20-30k above the IS

So, 170k, unlikely I feel.

Yes. Agreed. My Es cost 200k with 56k coe

So by right, the new Es with 32k coe should cost 178k

In addition, if the is300 can go for a promo of 158k, it might be a matter of time before the es250 cost ard 170k.

No hurry ba

Those who in hurry then prepare to pay a premium for the song song feeling of driving a brand new Es

The hybrid can go for "promo 158k" is because it's got a VES rebate vs the 20k penalty for the turbo. So.. it's not really a promo

I am considering this option as well. Possible to disclose how much your purchase price and the perks given?

according to my SE..i was the first few to book pre-launching.so its:-

-6 yrs warranty

-8x free car concierge service(pick up and drop off during servicing)

-3 yrs free servicing/60k km

-$800 credit voucher on Lexus boutique

-f770 car camera

-free interior extra floor mat and boot mat

we were satisfied/happy with the deal that we got due to the high trade in for my GS and other pre-launch discounts.

hope this answered your question.i took the exe model bcos the luxury trim cost $18k more while its PARF is only $5k difference.so financially,to me it does not make sense.you can ask me anything else.we're here to share info...

Reason I chose the ES:-

-tested the e class,5 series,a6 and XF but the ES is still far smoother and calmer

-8 conventional direct-shift gearbox.maintain correctly and it should last a lifetime

-in-line 4 straight engine(non turbo).maintain correctly and it should last a lifetime

-it is the closest to my GS in terms of insulation and buttery smooth drive

-spare tire comes with original rim

-Lexus always top the international chart/s for reliability.actually its either lexus or toyota

-safety.10 airbags compared to other make/s which offers around 6 or 7

• Praise 5

-6 yrs warranty

-f770 car camera

we were satisfied/happy with the deal that we got due to the high trade in for my GS and other pre-launch discounts.

hope this answered your question.i took the exe model bcos the luxury trim cost $18k more while its PARF is only $5k difference.so financially,to me it does not make sense.you can ask me anything else.we're here to share info...

-tested the e class,5 series,a6 and XF but the ES is still far smoother and calmer

-8 conventional direct-shift gearbox.maintain correctly and it should last a lifetime

-in-line 4 straight engine(non turbo).maintain correctly and it should last a lifetime

-Lexus always top the international chart/s for reliability.actually its either lexus or toyota

Your deal is very good. Mind if I ask, how much overtrade discount did they give you ? I agree this is a very good car and I like it a lot. But the maths is withholding me back. Looking at the luxury trim actually. Liked the rims and the tech gadgets haha.

-6 yrs warranty

-f770 car camera

Can share how much is the OMV for both variants?

Btw, the gearbox is a conventional automatic. Not a direct shift gearbox (DSG).

I also prefer autoboxes as it's more reliable, cheaper to maintain and hassle free.

Can share how much is the OMV for both variants?

Btw, the gearbox is a conventional automatic. Not a direct shift gearbox (DSG).

I also prefer autoboxes as it's more reliable, cheaper to maintain and hassle free.

oh yes,u are right.its a conventional 8-speed auto gearbox.believe its e same one used in the 2.0 turbo-charged GS and IS.

not sure about the OMV but the ARF for exe and lux are $46k and $57k respectively.might be slightly off as these numbers were given when i asked my SE.

Your deal is very good. Mind if I ask, how much overtrade discount did they give you ? I agree this is a very good car and I like it a lot. But the maths is withholding me back. Looking at the luxury trim actually. Liked the rims and the tech gadgets haha.

after pressing and squeezing,they took my GS more than $20k above its de-registration value.(this is after a $10k discount frm its original price).to top it off,i am still driving my car till Jan and Lexus has agreed to take it in at the exact same price.another words,the value of my GS will drop yet trading price is locked from now.

i was also tempted to get the lux trim.fully loaded with everything but to tell you the truth,like me,you should test both trims.personnally, i felt no difference between the exe and lux in terms of driving.even wt the special hollowed sound absorption rims,both are just as silent.only gripe i have is that i wish it came with a conti or michellin tires.turanza seems noisier.

in terms of looks,lux model comes with the 3 L shaped LED headlights...damnnnn sexy!and like you said,interior has more things to play with added features.and seats are also different.lux trimming..well..looks and feel more luxurious.

oh yes,u are right.its a conventional 8-speed auto gearbox.believe its e same one used in the 2.0 turbo-charged GS and IS.

not sure about the OMV but the ARF for exe and lux are $46k and $57k respectively.might be slightly off as these numbers were given when i asked my SE.

It is different GB. This 8 speed is further development of previous 6 speed.

It's the same as my car the current IS.

The 8-speed aisin-gioro auto.

ES should be using AWF8Fxx. Same as RX. For transverse config.

IS/GS should be using TL80SN for longitude config.

ES should be using AWF8Fxx. Same as RX. For transverse config.

IS/GS should be using TL80SN for longitude config.

Those are the Aisin equivalent model codes.

For the 8speed FWD (transverse) GB, not sure if it is using the older U880e (was used in RX V6 version) or the newer UA80e.

I am inclined to think it is using the newer one as the drive-train is exactly the same as used in US market Camry 2017, which boasted of brand new Dynamic Force engine (A25A-FKS)  & newly developed 8 speed.

Those are the Aisin equivalent model codes.

For the 8speed FWD (transverse) GB, not sure if it is using the older U880e (was used in RX V6 version) or the newer UA80e.

I am inclined to think it is using the newer one as the drive-train is exactly the same as used in US market Camry 2017, which boasted of brand new Dynamic Force engine (A25A-FKS) & newly developed 8 speed.

Since newer engine, definitely have to match newer GB.

Just realized that A25 has vvt-iw on intake valves, does it has lag similar to 2L turbo?

↡ Advertisement