Anyone applied for or working at Car companies? Need help.

Nick2342

Hi all,

Just graduated from TED Automotive Diploma  and interested in applying for jobs. But im not sure what i have to do or look out for with regards to CV or applying for job as have no prior job experience before as i am a fresh grad.

Want to apply at Nissan but they dont have a specific job opening, they just say to email resume to them. So not sure what to say when emailing them.

Has anyone applied for or working at car companies at the moment? 

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

So what do you want to do?

Service advisor?

Auto engineer?

Technical Exec?

Maybe u can try walk in at most workshops.

Edited by UncleAtas
  • Praise 1

So what do you want to do?

Service advisor?

Auto engineer?

Technical Exec?

Maybe u can try walk in at most workshops.

Yup Service advisor.

Hmm i thought most people advise against walk in and ask as is kinda rude or something? I read that from online They might also throw hard questions if i do get into interview.

Hence applying through online job openings now.

Turbocharged

Yup Service advisor.

Hmm i thought most people advise against walk in and ask as is kinda rude or something? I read that from online They might also throw hard questions if i do get into interview.

Hence applying through online job openings now.

post-35926-0-25920200-1525327366_thumb.jpg

• Praise 6

Do most SA advisor job require class 3 license? In the case of those that do not state it as a requirement, means no need driving license?

Asking as i am taking my driving license at the moment but most of the SA jobs need class 3 license?

Is it ok to apply for the job without the license? Or is best to wait until i get license then apply?

Supersonic

Tink any job that requires front line direct customer contact need to hv thick skin. Sure kena bang table cases daily.

If all else fails, put peekture of hantu RadX on the table. They sure scare one

• Praise 1

Hi all,

Just graduated from TED Automotive Diploma  and interested in applying for jobs. But im not sure what i have to do or look out for with regards to CV or applying for job as have no prior job experience before as i am a fresh grad.

Want to apply at Nissan but they dont have a specific job opening, they just say to email resume to them. So not sure what to say when emailing them.

Has anyone applied for or working at car companies at the moment? 

Thanks in advance!

If there is an interest in working in the automotive industry, why not consider employment in the automotive design industry.  I knew Continental Automotive's SG division is expanding / employing.  They are responsible for designing the HVAC, infotainment and cluster of some brands like Nissan, Mazda and VW.   

Go to their website for more details. 

• Praise 2

Just apply first. 

Thanks. Have applied to some already.

Usually how long will they take to contact me, assuming if im lucky to be selected for interview?

(edited)

If there is an interest in working in the automotive industry, why not consider employment in the automotive design industry.  I knew Continental Automotive's SG division is expanding / employing.  They are responsible for designing the HVAC, infotainment and cluster of some brands like Nissan, Mazda and VW.   

Go to their website for more details. 

Hmm cos how to say, want to kinda work at somewhere i have in mind alr, if its possible... But will try to explore other jobs if cannot.

Thanks for the info though. Will check it out.

Edited by Nick2342

Did you try your school's student council?

Usually the SC got lobang and can help you find relevant jobs. Most ppl dunno ITE/Poly student council can help their grads find jobs.

Did you try your school's student council?

Usually the SC got lobang and can help you find relevant jobs. Most ppl dunno ITE/Poly student council can help their grads find jobs.

Hmm checked my alumni job section not many regarding automotive jobs. Those that are need class 3 license

Is it best to get license first then apply or apply without licence? Will they accept if i apply without licence as i am currently taking DL now.

Thanks!

Supersonic

Hmm checked my alumni job section not many regarding automotive jobs. Those that are need class 3 license

Is it best to get license first then apply or apply without licence? Will they accept if i apply without licence as i am currently taking DL now.

Thanks!

If you are eligible to take a license now, then get it asap.

Thanks!

If you want to work in this field do you think it's necessary to get one?