Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar 2018!

ChaosMyth

Back From 12 May To 14 June

post-186600-0-45163400-1525354219_thumb.jpg

How time flies! The Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar, one of the biggest and the most anticipated pasar malam in Singapore, will be back from 12 May (Sat) to 14 June (Thurs).

The bazaar will be spread out in a few areas, with most of the food stalls along Haig Road and the Malay Village area (12 May to 14 June) and in front of Tanjong Katong Complex (16 May to 14 June).

There will be over 1000 stalls to expect, selling traditional Hari Raya goodies like kuih tartkuih bangkit, and instagrammable food such as candyfloss burritos, poke bowls, fried durians, and rainbow planet ice-cream buns.

However, the bazaar was not without its fair share of controversies last year, namely the increased rents to a record-high reported to be $17,000 for a single 9ft by 9ft space; and over-selling of instagrammable food with less emphasis on more traditional goodies.

While last year’s bazaar was all about Thai Iced Milk Tea, Unicorn-anything, and watermelon desserts, food stalls are heard to be churning out more innovative food items to attract the young crowd.

We shall see.

post-186600-0-13747600-1525354246_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-87945100-1525354264_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-88809300-1525354280_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-36853700-1525354294_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-49763600-1525354314_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-98802100-1525354325_thumb.jpg

I'm a food person and I'm back to share haha. Looks like food and drink prices will soar once again because rental has increased as expected.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 17

I went to this bazaar last year and it was super super crowded sia. Lol.

not just crowded. almost everything for youngsters only. all the food colouring etc. but i still go. haha..

Hypersonic

not just crowded. almost everything for youngsters only. all the food colouring etc. but i still go. haha..

erm... i thought you also a youngster?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I think the food indeed for youngsters. Other stuffs maybe uncle, ah pek still can see look.

Twincharged

I think the food indeed for youngsters. Other stuffs maybe uncle, ah pek still can see look.

Uncle and ah pek go there don't look for edible "food" ...

I no like going Geylang bazaar......i can count the number of times i went there........hot, humid and crowded. Last i went was because a cousin opened a stall selling kurta. If not........i wont even dream of going there......

Turbocharged

I visit Geylang Bazaar every year since a long time ago with some Malay friends just tag along. Atmosphere was good, nice Muslim Malay Arab Turkish food aplenty. Rarely see any Chinese like myself. Tot I was the weird one there.

Unfortunately in recent past 1-2 years, come those fancy instagrammable food/drinks. Went viral over social media. Now I see many young Chinese si ginna pis whom I never see before in past many years.

i stay walking distance for 7yrs liao.... went twice... 

food... nice to see... not nice to eat...  just like our normal pasar malam... 

the wares on sale ... not my personal cup of tea...  

Supersonic

i stay walking distance for 7yrs liao.... went twice... 

food... nice to see... not nice to eat...  just like our normal pasar malam... 

the wares on sale ... not my personal cup of tea...  

Maybe people go there is to feel the atmosphere although nothing is special there.

Hypersonic

Went last year. Crowded. But the food mostly nice to look at, both presentations and cooking style . But taste is so medioce. And they are expensive. Go once for trying out. But not the 2nd time.

Supersonic

Went last year. Crowded. But the food mostly nice to look at, both presentations and cooking style . But taste is so medioce. And they are expensive. Go once for trying out. But not the 2nd time.

Not only the bazaar itself is super crowded, even the roads near the area is jam. And finding parking around there is a nightmare also.

Geylang Bazaar has opened! Anybody been there yet? Please share what's good okay!!! I typed out so much last night to share but mcf says image extension not allowed in this community so all was wasted. Shall just share this video instead. pffttt!

erm... i thought you also a youngster?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1