Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar 2018!

ChaosMyth

Hypersonic

i went geylang serai last saturday at 730am to buy fish from the wet market.

cheap and fresh  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Went there on saturday night after dinner.

Its super crowded and parking was a nightmare....had to wait 30 mins to get a lot......lol.

End up only wife and children walked around......i just stand at the street and watch the crowd.....lol

Parking has always been like this every year come fasting month for as long as I remember. 

Internal Moderator

I drove to the bazaar and parked at OneKM Mall which is just next to the bazaar. I was there for about 2 hours top? From 10pm to around midnight. Parking cost me about $2. And there were plenty of lots available. Went on a weekday. It was full for the HDB parking though. Might wanna park in the malls instead.

Supersonic

I drove to the bazaar and parked at OneKM Mall which is just next to the bazaar. I was there for about 2 hours top? From 10pm to around midnight. Parking cost me about $2. And there were plenty of lots available. Went on a weekday. It was full for the HDB parking though. Might wanna park in the malls instead.

You are lucky to find lot in OneKM mall! Maybe due to after 10pm liao?! If you go there between 7pm to 9pm, full at OneKM mall and the surrounding carpark. 

i went there last year cos they advertised many new food like those in Taiwan night market, kena squeeze like mad and managed to buy some of the makan, doesn't taste good at all   [laugh]  [laugh]

Internal Moderator

You are lucky to find lot in OneKM mall! Maybe due to after 10pm liao?! If you go there between 7pm to 9pm, full at OneKM mall and the surrounding carpark. 

That is why I only go there later half of the night. No point going there early to jostle with the crowd. If you're just going there to look see and makan some food I think going at around 10pm is fine. But if you're there to walk the ENTIRE bazaar then no haha. Most of the food stalls are still opened too anyway. They close around midnight plus minus.

Supersonic

i went there last year cos they advertised many new food like those in Taiwan night market, kena squeeze like mad and managed to buy some of the makan, doesn't taste good at all   [laugh]  [laugh]

Dont know if the food taste good or not, cause when i see the crowds there, no more appetite liao.  [sweatdrop]

Went there on saturday night after dinner.

Its super crowded and parking was a nightmare....had to wait 30 mins to get a lot......lol.

End up only wife and children walked around......i just stand at the street and watch the crowd.....lol

Did you parked at the hdb too? same for me!!! i think more than 30 mins for my case!  [mad]

Some photos i took from the bazaar!!!

The usual Ramly Burger!!

post-186600-0-56079100-1527000964_thumb.jpg

Fries! Quite good!! Ordered the cheesy one abt $5.90! Quite generous with the cheese!!

post-186600-0-37569900-1527000978_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-62538200-1527001002_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-57206300-1527001021_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-76497100-1527001029_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-02248000-1527001066_thumb.jpg

The Raclette Factory's overpriced rosti for $12! But hard to blame them since rental is a killer!!

post-186600-0-89627400-1527001074_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-92836900-1527001086_thumb.jpg

French fries and popcorn chicken for $8. French fries were too oily! Couldn't taste anything else but oil!!

post-186600-0-53606500-1527001111_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-70676900-1527001119_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
THe bazaar is selling mostly the same stuff as last year, if not only with a few tweaks...... The most interesting i saw was the meatball in a bucket and the rainbow cheese bread? Quite IG worthy. But i just saw a recipe put up by this website https://junkasia.com/2018/05/14/junk-food-unicorn-coffin-toast/ looks like i can save the $5 and zhng my own rainbow bread.

THe bazaar is selling mostly the same stuff as last year, if not only with a few tweaks...... The most interesting i saw was the meatball in a bucket and the rainbow cheese bread? Quite IG worthy. But i just saw a recipe put up by this website https://junkasia.com/2018/05/14/junk-food-unicorn-coffin-toast/ looks like i can save the $5 and zhng my own rainbow bread.

the rainbow toast thingy is damn not worth it. it taste like kaya. $5 can buy a big bottle of kaya to last me for months.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Seems like the food at the bazaar like really cannot make it?!

Errr... since when could food at bazaars make it.? Cooked by part time cooks in outdoor and make shift Kitchens. Churned out for a quick buck and just to cover the exorbitant rentals.

Ate there only once and swore never again.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

the rainbow toast thingy is damn not worth it. it taste like kaya. $5 can buy a big bottle of kaya to last me for months.

Legit? Kaya? I thought they use cheese? 

Supersonic

Like that I won't go liao.

Go see lightning and crowds lo.  :D  

Errr... since when could food at bazaars make it.? Cooked by part time cooks in outdoor and make shift Kitchens. Churned out for a quick buck and just to cover the exorbitant rentals.

Ate there only once and swore never again.

Those pasar malam in heartlander, some of the food still can make it la, like tutu cakes and cup corn. Lol.

Supersonic

Go see lightning and crowds lo.  :D  

Those pasar malam in heartlander, some of the food still can make it la, like tutu cakes and cup corn. Lol.

I don't like crowds.

went again this week around 8pm+9pm and parked at the hdb parking behind OneKM. very crowded at the bazaar. somehow feel it's not that worth going at that timing with the crowd. cant even walk, queue very long. the beef cube with rice one that cost $18 is super crowded. if i want to eat that i would prob go cafe or restaurant to eat but that is me. ippudo's beef cube with rice nice. if want to go bazaar best to go after 1030pm. still got crowd but not that bad. only thing is u have lesser time to walk.

I don't like crowds.

then best you avoid. packed until hard to squeeze.

↡ Advertisement