2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Yep. They cannot accept that the car they like or buy is no good or have some faults.

OF course we can stir a quarrel with this type of people. But we are mature adults. Wanna quarrel bring it elsewhere.

Very simple question. Have you tested the new Cerato?
↡ Advertisement

Just ignore him will do. Lets do a constructive discussion on the car. 

This thread starting to become like the T* Altis thread. All defensive replies.
Anyway coming from 1st Gen Forte myself. Avg f/c is 10km/l. Long highway drive can yield 14km/l.

Have you tested the new Cerato?

Do not worry. I will be driving new Cerato SX by end of this month. I will write a report to you. OK....

Haha,you say until so good of cos I must find a day and test drive la!

If not later I will regret for life for missing out such a good car!lol....

No need report to me.

Let me test drive your car and I will tell in front of you.lol.....

Yep. They cannot accept that the car they like or buy is no good or have some faults. 

OF course we can stir a quarrel with this type of people. But we are mature adults. Wanna quarrel bring it elsewhere.

Agree.

cant praise you cos just praise you not long ago.lol....

Edited by Sktan10
  • Praise 2

Guys chill please.

To be honest, I don't find some of the comments to be constructive.

I think what Twich is asking for is factual comments, comments coming from actual feedback testing the car. He might be defensive but he has his point. His point of view is the improvement from the previous gen cerato. His feedback may be subjective (everyone's feedback are subjective), but it stands more credible than comments from someone who has not driven the new cerato. Right?

Everyone is entitled to their comments, negative or positive. So please don't get personal and bash someone because of your ego.

Chill out.

• Praise 4

Guys chill please.

To be honest, I don't find some of the comments to be constructive.

I think what Twich is asking for is factual comments, comments coming from actual feedback testing the car. He might be defensive but he has his point. His point of view is the improvement from the previous gen cerato. His feedback may be subjective (everyone's feedback are subjective), but it stands more credible than comments from someone who has not driven the new cerato. Right?

Everyone is entitled to their comments, negative or positive. So please don't get personal and bash someone because of your ego.

Chill out.

Unless one owns/drove the previous two gen Fortes, then One can make this kind of comparisons/comments. Just my 2¢ opinion.

This thread starting to become like the T* Altis thread. All defensive replies.

Anyway coming from 1st Gen Forte myself. Avg f/c is 10km/l. Long highway drive can yield 14km/l.

I like your honesty  [;)]

I'll be honest here. Its known that Korean cars are not known for their good FC. Doesn't help that they can't reduce the weight further. Thus the sluggish drive is true. On the other hand, the Koreans are generous with the equipment level compared to Jap cars from the same segment.

Edited by Cypher
  • Praise 2

Let's be realistic. Cannot be everything good right? You want cheap, good FC, good looks, good features, good safety etc all in 1 car. I think there is no car like this. Just buy within your means and you happy then ok liao.

• Praise 4

Regarding the sluggish nature of the Kia Cerato (which shares the same engine as the preceding 2014 Kia Cerato Forte K3 and 2009 Kia Forte â you can tell when you cruise on the highway.

When cruising and you want to pick up speed or to overtake, you can feel the gear constantly kicking down between the 4th, 5th and 6th gear. The slightest tap on the accelerator will send the gearbox to kickdown to the next lower gear. Can be very annoying and uncomfortable with the constant jerk.

This is due to the gearing ratio and heavy nature of the car body.

On the short test drive route, everyone is usually rev happy and just set to sports mode and step pedal to metal - of course you will feel the power â but realistically, if you need to redline the engine daily to tap the power, you will be saddened with a hefty petrol bill and accelerated wear and tear.

As a previous gen k3 owner. Agree that the engine is sluggish and the car won't even try to fly even when fully paddle down. But.. When it kicks in, u can no longer say its slow... The engine does perform just lagging.. Dunno why everybody keep saying this car heavy? U wanna drive fast in nshw w a light car Meh? With all the engineering, the car is designed with certain loading for certain performance.. Want a light car then go for vios lor.. But make sure u drive slowly to avoid cross wind drag..

I can only say this new cerato engine feels differently.. The way it reacts is different from the older gen.. Can't confirm for highway..

Anyway.. To be realistic.. We buy this model cause its a balance between performance & price.. If we are so concern about performance, then I suggest go get BMW or merc lor.. One money one value lah.. So chill

• Praise 1

I'll be honest here. Its known that Korean cars are not known for their good FC. Doesn't help that they can't reduce the weight further. Thus the sluggish drive is true. On the other hand, the Koreans are generous with the equipment level compared to Jap cars from the same segment.

Haha bro,打油打到穷?lol...

Driving high mileage everyday?

I agree cos own 3 Korean cars before.

Haha bro,ææ²¹æå°ç©·ï¼lol...

Driving high mileage everyday?

I agree cos own 3 Korean cars before.

My brother was driving big Hyundai MPV.

9km/l. But, he enjoyed it. Stable ride.

A Honda Civic kissed from behind. The poor Civi. Bonnet damage. The big Hyundai MPV rolled like a rock. Further, he drove all the way to KL and back. Few times a momth The MPV has scrapped.

If you want good FC and very good road holding. Plus, well equip. Sorry sir! Wrong tread.

Cannot have BMW expectation when you pay this kind of $ for Kia.

For me, as long as low maintenance, reliable and comfortable family ride, it's good for me.

I owned a 2004 Nissan sunny for 10 years...10km/l. Heavy drinker, upslope struggle but overall us realiable.

Owned a Hyundai trajet, la-gi heavy drinker but stable. Went Malaysia a few times. Cannot hold on as it drink too much.

Great is this forum has 1st batch k3 new owners. Look forward for their feedback and I am hopeful is better then k3 2nd Gen

• Praise 1

My brother was driving big Hyundai MPV.

9km/l. But, he enjoyed it. Stable ride.

A Honda Civic kissed from behind. The poor Civi. Bonnet damage. The big Hyundai MPV rolled like a rock. Further, he drove all the way to KL and back. Few times a momth The MPV has scrapped.

If you want good FC and very good road holding. Plus, well equip. Sorry sir! Wrong tread.

Haha bro,now become kiss here kiss there?lol...

That's is front crumpled zone.It is built this way.Ask Mr Google.

Haha bro,now become kiss here kiss there?lol...

That's is front crumpled zone.It is built this way.Ask Mr Google.ðð

Hyundai trajet? 9km/l?I think your bro like to tell lies. Lol...

Or is it Hyundai carens?ððð

It is Traject. Thanks.

Very comfortable ride. Plus, very reliable.

My brother missed his big baby.

↡ Advertisement