COE Bidding – 1st Round of May 2018

Carbon82

All still waiting for ves tax....

The feeling of Paying more for a car is priceless ...

Supercharged
(edited)

My opinion,

1. Will drop due to over supply in secondary market , 300plus vezels ,100plus estimas and others. Price cuts are already there , probably can find a new bargains there.

2. Ves kicking in will add 10to20k loading to now , 30to40k load is always what financally bearable , anything higher will pop the market. Expecially in the current weak labor market. I am hearing more retenchment than hiring.

3. Do you notice lesser and lesser kids in this forum , 10 years ago i was the relatively young member but the forum is full of young punks driving around with koup forte. The young nowadays are telling me how to use promo codes to get their rides at the lowest rates sometimes free.

Who needs a car when you can get someone to pick you at where u want.

4. Elections coming , with the mrt clowns and the grab monopoly there is plenty to talk about during rallies and plenty of votes to lose , better to give out goodies so that you can collext them back later. Anger the people and you lose those votes for 5 yearz

1. Vezels are no longer the car of choice. But yes.. cheap new vezels will affect the new car market.

2. I'm in banking industry. Hiring is strong. I just received approvals for another 4 new headcounts. The recent results of the 3 local banks say it all.

3. Ermm... Ok.

4. Elections coming? Do u mean Malaysia election? Btw this is Singapore forum. Pun intended.

Edited by Friendstar
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

1. Vezels are no longer the car of choice. But yes.. cheap new vezels will affect the new car market.

2. I'm in banking industry. Hiring is strong. I just received approvals for another 4 new headcounts. The recent results of the 3 local banks say it all.

3. Ermm... Ok.

4. Elections coming? Do u mean Malaysia election? Btw this is Singapore forum. Pun intended.

oh, banking hiring are back?

As for the marine, it's still as bad.

no business, dry as desert.

Again, i am hopeful, hoping Cat A to drop below 30k.. [:(]  

Supersonic
(edited)

Industry leader ComfortDelGro said it has just placed an order for 200 new hybrid Hyundai Ioniq cabs - its first order in nearly 18 months.

What do you think of this round for CAT A premium?

The move of comfortdelgro bidding for COE will sure to have impact to COE price and that is the whole intention.

When just a few months ago taxi companies were having thousands of cars idling in garage, why suddenly the surge in demand to have taken up all the idel taxis?

If the demand is so high to have consummed all the idle taxis, why they place order for 200 more only?

Is 200 able to meet the demand when the sudden surge in demand is so high ?

So why ?

Because coe is weak recently, their move is in to protect coe to ensure they wont drop below certain price. Of course the official reason is to make use of the current low coe to increase their fleet to meet the demand. LTA have influence in comfortdelgro or not is up to individual's imagination.

Edited by Ct3833

3. Ermm... Ok.

i am also in banking but no hiring around my area of expertise though. maybe time for me to look at other banks.

hahaha... ya, today is the Malaysia election. tonight can watch on CNA. 

Hi guys, I'm very new to this coe bidding thing. Am getting my first new car hopefully this month. I saw on https://www.mytransport.sg/oneMotoring/coeDetails.html that coe price is $1. Does this mean that this round coe is gonna be very very low?

the previous round was my first time too.... saw its only $1. then slowly you will see it going up and up and the last hour, especially the last 15 mins, its quite fun though i was hoping can quickly get the COE and get my new car. 

Neutral Newbie

i am also in banking but no hiring around my area of expertise though. maybe time for me to look at other banks.

hahaha... ya, today is the Malaysia election. tonight can watch on CNA.

the previous round was my first time too.... saw its only $1. then slowly you will see it going up and up and the last hour, especially the last 15 mins, its quite fun though i was hoping can quickly get the COE and get my new car.

I paid for guaranteed coe. That means if the coe is very low, i will lugi right?

I paid for guaranteed coe. That means if the coe is very low, i will lugi right?

depending on how low.... my SE told me that if COE below $30k, then will refund the difference to me. If above $30k, then the company will pay for the higher COE. 

i don't think it will go below $30k lah...... i am expecting it to be around $40k. but lets see how it goes later on. 

good luck to both of us!!! 

The move of comfortdelgro bidding for COE will sure to have impact to COE price and that is the whole intention.

When just a few months ago taxi companies were having thousands of cars idling in garage, why suddenly the surge in demand to have taken up all the idel taxis?

If the demand is so high to have consummed all the idle taxis, why they place order for 200 more only?

Is 200 able to meet the demand when the sudden surge in demand is so high ?

So why ?

Because coe is weak recently, their move is in to protect coe to ensure they wont drop below certain price. Of course the official reason is to make use of the current low coe to increase their fleet to meet the demand. LTA have influence in comfortdelgro or not is up to individual's imagination.

Nice conspiracy theory. Problem is it is just a theory because cabs are not included in COE. Your imagination is very vivid.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Nice conspiracy theory. Problem is it is just a theory because cabs are not included in COE. Your imagination is very vivid.

Thanks for pointing that out. My bad.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

depending on how low.... my SE told me that if COE below $30k, then will refund the difference to me. If above $30k, then the company will pay for the higher COE.

i don't think it will go below $30k lah...... i am expecting it to be around $40k. but lets see how it goes later on.

good luck to both of us!!!

Thanks for the reply.. I'm very nervous n excited at the same time.. haha!

Supercharged

not many ppl know this.. i still encounter ppl thinking taxi coe included. not updated with the new policy so may affect