Exercising and losing weight

ODC

With so many new PR, new distances, new shoes , I think we need a MU to showcase all man.. [:p]

Let me put up a MU when I close the 10x10 on Mon.

19 june 2018 MU to showcase new shoes, new distances achieved, new PRs/PBs, How guys? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ok on!
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

With so many new PR, new distances, new shoes , I think we need a MU to showcase all man.. [:p]

19 june 2018 MU to showcase new shoes, new distances achieved, new PRs/PBs, How guys? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I'm good

Supersonic

Thighs very hard to train. Probably cyclists will have big quads. Certainly running don't really help much less you keep running up steps.

Lots of squats

• Praise 3

i wear nike free cos it helped cure me of my plantar fasciitis.

After that i've been a faithful fan of this shoe. It could have just been the low drop or minimalistic effect, but even now when it's popularity has dropped a lot compared to when it came out, i will still wear it.

as above

Good for you! Is there any other things you did besides a change of shoes? I have PF since Dec last year. Did physio, taping, night splint, foot sleeve and stretches without much success. Only feels improvement after I stopped running completely from April. I used shoes with low heel drop too.

Hypersonic

19 june 2018 MU to showcase new shoes, new distances achieved, new PRs/PBs, How guys?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

See how my calf recover first.. Injury quite complicated,, now Achilles tedon ok liao, but the pain migrate to other part of the calf, close by the original spot..

Tonite when I close my this week 10x10, see if got improvement after 4 days of complete rest.

Hypersonic

Good for you! Is there any other things you did besides a change of shoes? I have PF since Dec last year. Did physio, taping, night splint, foot sleeve and stretches without much success. Only feels improvement after I stopped running completely from April. I used shoes with low heel drop too.

The shoes can only do this much, I think it has something to do with running form. 

@lala81 probably  migrated to forefoot or more mid foot landing after he started using low drop shoes. But if you are landing on your heel first, using low profile shoes is no good. Low drop shoes wont change how you land, it helps to correct only. The user will still have to decide how he wants to land.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

See how my calf recover first.. Injury quite complicated,, now Achilles tedon ok liao, but the pain migrate to other part of the calf, close by the original spot..

Tonite when I close my this week 10x10, see if got improvement after 4 days of complete rest.

Rest man rest!!! 

better to rest a few more days than have to rest for months.  [crazy]  [:p]

Best is rest until 18 june, then 19 june can run.. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

The shoes can only do this much, I think it has something to do with running form.

@lala81 probably migrated to forefoot or more mid foot landing after he started using low drop shoes. But if you are landing on your heel first, using low profile shoes is no good. Low drop shoes wont change how you land, it helps to correct only. The user will still have to decide how he wants to land. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Thanks, what you say is true. I changed my running form to forefoot ten years ago by going barefoot totally. Wore shoes last year for my maiden marathon. Think my PF mainly caused by overuse and kei keang. Now looking high and low for 仙丹 to get rid of this irritant.
  • Praise 3

I would give it 2w of rest if I were you. Took me 3w to recover from ankle sprain couple months ago

Thanks, what you say is true. I changed my running form to forefoot ten years ago by going barefoot totally. Wore shoes last year for my maiden marathon. Think my PF mainly caused by overuse and kei keang. Now looking high and low for ä»ä¸¹ to get rid of this irritant. ð­ð­ð­

You run barefoot on pavements?
  • Praise 1

I would give it 2w of rest if I were you. Took me 3w to recover from ankle sprain couple months ago

You run barefoot on pavements?

Yes, pavements and park connectors near home. I saw barefoot runner at standchart marathon last December going the full distance. Salute that guy!
  • Praise 3

Had PF that dragged on for 6 months

No magic, need complete rest, proper stretching exercises and warm up.

Distance and intensity play a major role too

Just be patient

• Praise 10

Hypersonic

Yes, pavements and park connectors near home. I saw barefoot runner at standchart marathon last December going the full distance. Salute that guy!

Sibei ho.
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

Thanks, what you say is true. I changed my running form to forefoot ten years ago by going barefoot totally. Wore shoes last year for my maiden marathon. Think my PF mainly caused by overuse and kei keang. Now looking high and low for ä»ä¸¹ to get rid of this irritant. ð­ð­ð­

My plantar fasciitis was not that bad.

Only when I used to walk around the hospital a lot on call or when I went holidays. And I didn't actually run back then. So it wasn't an exercise issue. Just my weight and long hours on my feet when I was working then.

Just changing to wearing Nike free and also crocs when i went on holidays or going out actually just solved the problem for me.

The crocs u need to get those with a very firm sole. They aren't common nowadays in Sg

cos sg ones are all the fancy ones. The one I have now is bought from amazon years ago. I just been using it for last one year or so.

It can hurt your feet the first 1-2 weeks you wear it but eventually it cured most of my foot problems.

https://www.crocs.com/c/work-shoes/medical

It's now 10 years and I still wear these two when I go out. My work shoes have largely never changed and I didn't really stretch that much. And I actually got heavier (before last year) compared to those years. So it's purely down to the footwear

But individual results vary I guess.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

And since u can even run barefoot that's very high level Liao. I fully believe that lazy foot muscles cause some part of the chronic PF for most patients.

So I do ask them to try barefoot walking or cloth shoes walking over the weekend if conventional treatment doesn't work for them.

Walking with crocs is somewhat similar cos the original medical grade crocs it's unyielding and really uncomfortable to walk on. It's very similar to the original OT clogs that surgeons and nurses use in hospitals.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

I also tried barefoot running, but can only run on stadium grasses. The Max I did was 5km only, later went on the pavement with the five fingers shoes but only managed 2km. stopped for 10 weeks already, will be trying out again with the stadium tracks. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4