Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Singaporeâs air pollution level is much worse than you think?

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/singapore-s-air-pollution-is-far-worse-than-you-think/

Yeah. New habit(s) need to be embedded into way of life, to be sustainable.

This book will be required reading for my kids when they are older.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12609433-the-power-of-habit

It breaks down everything regarding habits and why some strategies work and some don't.

Good thing for the people in this thread. Exercise is probably the most major keystone habit, second would possibly be meditation.

• Praise 1

This book will be required reading for my kids when they are older.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12609433-the-power-of-habit

It breaks down everything regarding habits and why some strategies work and some don't.

Good thing for the people in this thread. Exercise is probably the most major keystone habit, second would possibly be meditation.

Thanks for the share. My personal guidance was the olde steven covey principles that I read many years ago.

Meditation though is something I haven't explored

Edited by Aloe111
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the share. My personal guidance was the olde steven covey principles that I read many years ago.

Meditation though is something I haven't explored

This is one of the few books that has a lasting impact on me. Timeless advice...so I got individual copies for my kids too. Hopefully they pick it up when the time is right.
  • Praise 3

Ok guys

Here is my eat oat everyday and no excercise one year report

Along the half year mark, I stop drinking can drinks and bring out a insulated cold water bottle to drink

LDL drop from 4.9 to 4.0

Nothing else drop

The doctor say: have to excercise lah. You still don’t excercise, sure peng san. Going to start me on cholesterol med

I have to excercise liao

• Praise 7

Ok guys

Along the half year mark, I stop drinking can drinks and bring out a insulated cold water bottle to drink

LDL drop from 4.9 to 4.0

Nothing else drop

The doctor say: have to excercise lah. You still don’t excercise, sure peng san. Going to start me on cholesterol med

I have to excercise liao

come on tankie, 俺挺你!!! [thumbsup]  ^_^  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Ok guys

LDL drop from 4.9 to 4.0

Nothing else drop

The doctor say: have to excercise lah. You still donât excercise, sure peng san. Going to start me on cholesterol med

I have to excercise liao

Must get heart rate above 130bpm, at least 30min each time, 3 times a week.
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Mustank, look at chiobu or other similar activities not counted.
  • Praise 2

I am sure @mustank gets higher heart rate for more than 30 mins with his wife.

I am sure @mustank gets higher heart rate for more than 30 mins with his wife. ðð

Bedroom exercise also counted if continuous for 30m with HR>130bpm

Turbocharged

Ok guys

LDL drop from 4.9 to 4.0

Nothing else drop

The doctor say: have to excercise lah. You still donât excercise, sure peng san. Going to start me on cholesterol med

I have to excercise liao

Your triglyceride level OK? That is important too.
  • Praise 1

Bedroom exercise also counted if continuous for 30m with HR>130bpm

I think ontop or bottom makes alot of difference. Ontop better, as it maintain a plank position for a long duration, and hip flexor muscle activation.
  • Praise 2

Ok guys

LDL drop from 4.9 to 4.0

Nothing else drop

I have to excercise liao

hello ...... I recommend you geylang or Orchard tower , the best exercise place for you . 

Cold water still cold water ....... drink hot or warm one .   :D

• Praise 7

Speaking about avocados.

This is an example of an unripe avocado. I usually refrigerate them when I buy from supermarket. They don't spoil easily and keep for several weeks. But the quality will gradually drop over several weeks if they do ripen slowly while in the fridge.

It takes about 4 days usually to ripen one. But once it ripens fully, it goes bad quite quickly, usually within 3 days even in fridge it will over ripen and get mushy.

The cut one is after I feel the flesh giving way and then I put it back in the fridge to retard the ripening process (until I'm ready to pair it with a salad).

So the 2nd photo actually the inner part is still not fully ripen. And u can see some part of it is over ripen. This is really the main problem with avocadoes and probably what @Tianmo is frustrated with. Cos u Almost never get a swee one.

If you want to eat this like now now, only the outer edge of the avocado is considered perfectly ripe.

cut open and cling wrap both halves and put them face down into the bowl or plate to retard oxidation.

I usually bring it to work and eat for lunch so that few hrs of non refrigeration should be able to make the interior ripe by the time I have it for lunch.

U can see its additional work. That's why for months I switched to just eating cheese slices added to my salad.

post-4207-0-86270300-1536508512_thumb.jpg

post-4207-0-93627300-1536508518_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

Speaking about avocados.

This is an example of an unripe avocado. I usually refrigerate them when I buy from supermarket. They don't spoil easily and keep for several weeks. But the quality will gradually drop over several weeks if they do ripen slowly while in the fridge.

It takes about 4 days usually to ripen one. But once it ripens fully, it goes bad quite quickly, usually within 3 days even in fridge it will over ripen and get mushy.

The cut one is after I feel the flesh giving way and then I put it back in the fridge to retard the ripening process (until I'm ready to pair it with a salad).

So the 2nd photo actually the inner part is still not fully ripen. And u can see some part of it is over ripen. This is really the main problem with avocadoes and probably what @Tianmo is frustrated with. Cos u Almost never get a swee one.

If you want to eat this like now now, only the outer edge of the avocado is considered perfectly ripe.

cut open and cling wrap both halves and put them face down into the bowl or plate to retard oxidation.

I usually bring it to work and eat for lunch so that few hrs of non refrigeration should be able to make the interior ripe by the time I have it for lunch.

U can see its additional work. That's why for months I switched to just eating cheese slices added to my salad.

Seems like avocados are low yield. Buy 3 but can eat less than half of them...

Seems like avocados are low yield. Buy 3 but can eat less than half of them...

almost all of them can eat. except those u keep too long. But the taste etc is hit and miss one.

Once in a while, u get one just sui sui totally ripen through without over ripening, the taste is very nice.

But over ripe one also ok lah, within 1-2 days, still taste ok. But then it will oxidise to blackish then it goes a bit bitter or mush like.

↡ Advertisement