Synology NAS

Discoburg

Turbocharged

Haha sorry I abit lost whats the question here? lol

Ds214 hard to implement any disc redundancy without sacrificing space, one way is to get 2x 8/10 TB and run a mirror Raid, but if you only have some items to backup I would just plug in a external hard drive and run regular backups.

But offsite is safest way lah, what you have synology -> dropbox is your best bet for small backups.

a NAS to back up a NAS ...  [crazy]

ds214play here.

But i severely under-utilise this NAS.

@mercury1?

I use PIA, so far not bad very little drop and reconnect also quite fast.

haha those are cold door critically acclaimed movies, thats why they have to do such stuff. blockbusters, i doubt they bother lah.

That being said, nowadays watch much less liao. Always can find new crap on youtube to watch haha

btw which VPN u use which works well on the synology.

I tried before one service, but it didn't really work well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Haha sorry I abit lost whats the question here? lol

Ds214 hard to implement any disc redundancy without sacrificing space, one way is to get 2x 8/10 TB and run a mirror Raid, but if you only have some items to backup I would just plug in a external hard drive and run regular backups.

But offsite is safest way lah, what you have synology -> dropbox is your best bet for small backups.

I use PIA, so far not bad very little drop and reconnect also quite fast.

lol no question lah.

Just know that u quite knowledgeable about these.

[;)]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

No lah I just kaypoh to help where I can lol, I once went hardwarezone Synology thread to kaypo those guys where going on about creating custom unix script I quickly run road LOL

lol no question lah.

Just know that u quite knowledgeable about these.

[;)]

Hypersonic

No lah I just kaypoh to help where I can lol, I once went hardwarezone Synology thread to kaypo those guys where going on about creating custom unix script I quickly run road LOL

lol always got higher mountain ha

Turbocharged

I cannot reach that one that mountain need god level skills LOL, thats why I just make sure my NAS dun chi ba boom can liao

Some things I find useful with the NAS

- Torrent (no need say)

- Momentum - this program allows your iphone to autobackup to the NAS at home and does image recognition to classify photos.

- Webdav - allows you to map folders on your computer to be accessed remotely when not at home (like dropbox)

- DS Cam (home surveillance)

- DS File (useful to access documents when outside, I keep my family passport etc here to access when on holidays)

- DS video (classify videos)

lol always got higher mountain ha

• Praise 1

(edited)

Second @mercury1 's PIA recommendation, been good, but I just recently signed up NordVPN for 3 yrs promo price mainly to bypass Netflix's geo-restriction. PIA officially announced that it will not support bypassing geo-restrictions.

My current PIA subscription will lapse in December this year, then I will set up NordVPN on my Synology via openVPN option.

haha those are cold door critically acclaimed movies, thats why they have to do such stuff. blockbusters, i doubt they bother lah.

That being said, nowadays watch much less liao. Always can find new crap on youtube to watch haha

btw which VPN u use which works well on the synology.

I tried before one service, but it didn't really work well.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 2

Oh this is something new to me. Will go read up on it  [thumbsup]

Base in your usage description, I am beginning to suspect @Radx uses it as well to to classify his terabytes of "special interest" pictures that he keeps bombarding us in the chat... :D

I cannot reach that one that mountain need god level skills LOL, thats why I just make sure my NAS dun chi ba boom can liao

- Torrent (no need say)

- Momentum - this program allows your iphone to autobackup to the NAS at home and does image recognition to classify photos.

- Webdav - allows you to map folders on your computer to be accessed remotely when not at home (like dropbox)

- DS File (useful to access documents when outside, I keep my family passport etc here to access when on holidays)

Turbocharged

Oh this is something new to me. Will go read up on it [thumbsup]

Base in your usage description, I am beginning to suspect @Radx uses it as well to to classify his terabytes of "special interest" pictures that he keeps bombarding us in the chat... :D

Haha paiseh actually it’s called moments.

You hit the nail on the head, I always did wonder why his turn around time was so quick :D

U all noob

Chey

But dun forget @vratenza my memory oso solid one... I know whr the diff pik are

Haaa

Momentum seems good.

- Torrent (no need say)

Found the info yet? I googled and find nothing remotely linked to Synology NAS.

Oh this is something new to me. Will go read up on it  [thumbsup]

Found the info yet? I googled and find nothing remotely linked to Synology NAS.

Google "moments". Mercury1 typoed.

Seem pretty good to auto classify according to facial recognition and/or geotags

• Praise 1

Ahhhhh no wonder  :a-bang:

Seem pretty good to auto classify according to facial recognition and/or geotags

Turbocharged

Thanks Bro heh

Just one thing to note, its consumes alot of CPU power when it does the classification. NAS CPU was loaded for a few days 

Ahhhhh no wonder  :a-bang:

I read that it's once off thing when you first started. Subsequently each new addition of photos will be much faster. 

Thanks Bro heh

Just one thing to note, its consumes alot of CPU power when it does the classification. NAS CPU was loaded for a few days 

Supersonic

i'm doing the kaypoh-ing now haha...

Does anyone knows why am i receiving emails from Synology every morning informing :

Dear user,

Due to changes in default gateway settings, the feature of port forwarding rules has been enabled.

Turbocharged

Sounds like your synology to automatically updating the router port rules, are you currently accessing your synology over the internet?

Does anyone knows why am i receiving emails from Synology every morning informing :

Dear user,

Due to changes in default gateway settings, the feature of port forwarding rules has been enabled.

↡ Advertisement