Synology NAS

Discoburg

Nope.

Sounds like your synology to automatically updating the router port rules, are you currently accessing your synology over the internet?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Check if your control Panel -> external access ->Router configuration 

If it has a router added it might be trying to update the router setting, can disable since you are not accessing the nas over the internet.

If not the issue will need to have another thing :D

Nope.

• Praise 1

None leh.  [smallcry]

Check if your control Panel -> external access ->Router configuration 

If it has a router added it might be trying to update the router setting, can disable since you are not accessing the nas over the internet.

If not the issue will need to have another thing :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Gonna have to guess abit here

I think it might be due to the VPN connecting which changes the gateway IP address and then the port forwarding rules which triggers off the email?

You can try see if this works

1. Network -> Network Interface -> Highlight the VPN Link -> Click Manage -> Service Order -> Move the VPN to the top

2. Network -> General -> Advance Setting -> Enable Multiple Gateway

The 2nd options should sort it but it opens the NAS to be accessed by the local IP (not the VPN one), this was designed for users to be able to access the NAS using the local IP address while still preserving the VPN link to download data etc 

But if your home router is not forwarding any ports to the synolgy it will not be exposed.

If ur not using vpn then I'm also stumped lol

None leh.  [smallcry]

Mine no VPN link leh. Only LAN.

Gonna have to guess abit here

I think it might be due to the VPN connecting which changes the gateway IP address and then the port forwarding rules which triggers off the email?

You can try see if this works

1. Network -> Network Interface -> Highlight the VPN Link -> Click Manage -> Service Order -> Move the VPN to the top

2. Network -> General -> Advance Setting -> Enable Multiple Gateway

The 2nd options should sort it but it opens the NAS to be accessed by the local IP (not the VPN one), this was designed for users to be able to access the NAS using the local IP address while still preserving the VPN link to download data etc 

But if your home router is not forwarding any ports to the synolgy it will not be exposed.

If ur not using vpn then I'm also stumped lol

Turbocharged

You can try this forces bond the connection to the gateway, setup a static route to link the IP to gateway.

Network -> Static Route -> Create

The setup:
Network Destination: Your local IP subnet
Subnet Mask: (this tells the rule which subnets you want to include)
Gateway: the gateway you want the local traffic to point to
Interface: select the network interface the gateway can be found through

Example 1:
Network Destination: 192.168.0.0
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0 (this tells the rule to work on all subnets with 192.168.X.X)
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Interface: LAN 1

https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=120010

Yup.

• Praise 1

Wanted to post in Loot of the day thread but I guess here more appropriate  :D

Added a 4GB DDR3L ram stick to my Synology 918+ last year on getting it. So total 2x4GB ram. According to Synology webpage, that's the max it supports. 

post-24957-0-49161600-1549036358_thumb.jpg

Have read on overseas forum that this chipset can support up to 16GB ram. So had been monitoring Amazon for price drops, finally got the drop I was waiting for... Just slightly over USD100 shipped for 2x8GB Crucial DDR3L 1866mhz. MTL..    [:p]

post-24957-0-53090600-1549036347_thumb.jpg

Disclaimer: too ganjeong to install forgot to take pic before install. This is pic of the 16GB packaging with the replaced rams. 

:D

After booting up, it is really 16gb. Now can run my VM using 8gb ram without fear of slowing all processes. 

• Praise 1

What do u need a VM for?

It's mostly used for like programmers to run their code right? My wife used to run them. But I've never used before.

Wanted to post in Loot of the day thread but I guess here more appropriate  :D

Added a 4GB DDR3L ram stick to my Synology 918+ last year on getting it. So total 2x4GB ram. According to Synology webpage, that's the max it supports. 

attachicon.gif20190131_220705-picsay.jpg

Have read on overseas forum that this chipset can support up to 16GB ram. So had been monitoring Amazon for price drops, finally got the drop I was waiting for... Just slightly over USD100 shipped for 2x8GB Crucial DDR3L 1866mhz. MTL..    [:p]

attachicon.gif20190131_220612-picsay.jpg

Disclaimer: too ganjeong to install forgot to take pic before install. This is pic of the 16GB packaging with the replaced rams. 

:D

After booting up, it is really 16gb. Now can run my VM using 8gb ram without fear of slowing all processes. 

I use it as work around to my workplace's restriction on certain sites like youtube and social media...even taobao... :D

I log in my nas remotely from work, go onto the VM and able to use the browser to access all sites.

i guess there must be more elegant solution...but since I have it, might as well use it.... :D

What do u need a VM for?

It's mostly used for like programmers to run their code right? My wife used to run them. But I've never used before.

I use it as work around to my workplace's restriction on certain sites like youtube and social media...even taobao... :D

I log in my nas remotely from work, go onto the VM and able to use the browser to access all sites.

i guess there must be more elegant solution...but since I have it, might as well use it.... :D

Oh lol...

[laugh]

With the current cyber security issue, it is only a matter of time before your company block vpn traffic going out. You might be better off getting the TPG sim or other telco sim only for internet access.

He isn't using Vpn, he logging unto a Virtual machine via IP addressed linked to the Synlogy.

Company admin usually blocks popular sites like facebook, twitter etc but unless they are implemented a specific permitted website only access (which defeats the purpose of allowing internet access in the first place)  its unlikely they will block some random IP which Vratenza is accessing.

With the current cyber security issue, it is only a matter of time before your company block vpn traffic going out. You might be better off getting the TPG sim or other telco sim only for internet access.

↡ Advertisement