• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
53 replies to this topic | 301 praises

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:15 PM

song77
  • song77
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi

There''s always a layer of dust on rims. No matter how you wash, within one or two days, the rims look sleepy again. Unlike Tyres or Car body where you can maintain a shine even after 5 days, rims is a component that always look dusty.

What solutions and methods would you recommend?

Edited by Lightsabre, 21 May 2018 - 01:14 PM.

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:59 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Solution only one.

WASH.
chryst, Ct3833 and therock praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

Jamesgetz
  • Jamesgetz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Get aftermarket brake pads which produce less dust? Stock ones tend to generate a lot more dust...

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:05 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi

There''s always a layer of dust on rims. No matter how you wash, within one or two days, the rims look sleepy again. Unlike Tyres or Car body where you can maintain a shine even after 5 days, rims is a component that always look dusty.

Must be a conti car ?

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:06 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Armorall Brake Dust Repellant.
Carbon82 praised this

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:22 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I presumed your is Original and most EU car has lot of brake dust (not all).

if you are looking for less dust you got to go for after market and Please tell them your expectation otherwise you may end up similar problem.

! advice is ask for Good quality type

Cheap quality type could affect your braking distance or effectiveness

Edited by Roberttan, 16 May 2018 - 10:24 AM.

BanCoe praised this

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

spray your rim to brake dust colour.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I presumed your is Original and most EU car has lot of brake dust (not all).

if you are looking for less dust you got to go for after market and Please tell them your expectation otherwise you may end up similar problem.

! advice is ask for Good quality type

Cheap quality type could affect your braking distance or effectiveness

yalor, my ex Ford Focus wah piang wash clean clean only lasted 2 days !!!  :wacko: And since wearing out, I changed to Brembo discs and Mintex pads. Better performance and most importantly much lesser dust  [thumbsup]

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:37 AM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Angcheek praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Black rims

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What ah bro?  [laugh]

Mercury1 praised this

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What ah bro? [laugh]

Haha paiseh I meant to say seconded on the recommendation:D
Fcw75 praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pardon my england... what does "Sleepy Looking RIMS" mean?

can show some example of sleepy ones and wide awake ones?

:D

Buadongdong and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Ryansg
  • Ryansg
    Clutched
    Author Image

spray your rim to brake dust colour.

Do those gunmetal-coloured ones do an equivalent job?
BanCoe praised this

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Do those gunmetal-coloured ones do an equivalent job?

gunmetal is out of fashion. Black is a in thing although i dont like.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

Ryansg
  • Ryansg
    Clutched
    Author Image

gunmetal is out of fashion. Black is a in thing although i dont like.

Luckily I'm not into fashion.
Hopefully got clearance stock and not listed as limited sets prices.
Anyway, my car is quite dark already. Add on black rims, a little too hard-core for me.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

Paddie
  • Paddie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

After all the responses so far I still am trying to figure out myself what sleepy rims are.

BanCoe praised this

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

After all the responses so far I still am trying to figure out myself what sleepy rims are.

Capture.JPG

1 Anonymous member praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:03 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Here , dont say I not friend enough to share with you 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Angcheek, 16 May 2018 - 08:03 PM.

Vratenza, Mercury1, Mercs, Buadongdong, Blueray, Volvobrick, V-280, 2 other members and 1 Anonymous member praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

SGCMHello
  • SGCMHello
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi

2 things :

1) Get Sonax Wheel Cleaner, nano technology. Spray, wait 3mins, use strong hose spray, brake dust gone. No other brands come close!!!! You can spray it before driving into car wash. Damn stink!! But damn good!!

2) Change low brake dust brake pads, rims get dirty much slower.

Edited by SGCMHello, 16 May 2018 - 08:19 PM.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Bullsone Firstclass Extreme Wheel Cleaner

Bullsone Firstclass Extreme Wheel Cleaner  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Deeq  |  2nd Gear

Cleans wheels thoroughly

It cleans my wheels easily as i dont have to squat and wipe the wheels, spray it on, leave for 5mins, rinse it off. Makes cleaning easy.

Bullsone Firstclass Extreme Wheel Cleaner

Bullsone Firstclass Extreme Wheel Cleaner  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Raychay  |  5th Gear

Not bad if it can be bought cheap

I've given up cleaning the inner part of my wheels as my Brembos give out too much brake dust. The only wheel cleaner I've used before is Eagle 1 which was effective but gives off too much fumes that smelt really bad and perhaps toxic? Af... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Tyre Shine

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: kia , kiarim , wax , clean , sleepy , looking , rims ...

Tags: kia, kiarim, wax, clean, sleepy and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users